Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

So Gus is fired next week, who do we hire?

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
Re: So Gus is fired next week, who do we hire?
« Reply #60 on: September 21, 2016, 09:19:36 AM »
Patterson and Dantonio
Patterson and Dantonio
Patterson and Dantonio
Patterson and Dantonio
Patterson and Dantonio
Patterson and Dantonio

His name is Robert Paulson.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #61 on: September 21, 2016, 09:36:07 AM »
And has beaten more top 25 teams the last two years...with half the talent.

I like Herman, I wouldn't be upset if we were to hire Herman.  However my point still stands I believe you are going to have to pay a guy that has 2 years HC experience excess of 5 million a year to coach.  It's a big risk IMO. 

The end of the day it isn't  up to any of us and JJ would probably hire Paul Petrino, "What you guys said you wanted Petrino? This is on you fans!"
« Last Edit: September 21, 2016, 09:38:57 AM by Godfather »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #62 on: September 21, 2016, 09:53:59 AM »
I like Herman, I wouldn't be upset if we were to hire Herman.  However my point still stands I believe you are going to have to pay a guy that has 2 years HC experience excess of 5 million a year to coach.  It's a big risk IMO. 

The end of the day it isn't  up to any of us and JJ would probably hire Paul Petrino, "What you guys said you wanted Petrino? This is on you fans!"

Right now we are paying someone 4 million who is not coaching.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

jmar

« Reply #63 on: September 21, 2016, 06:59:12 PM »
It doesn't matter much about Saturday when we are talking long term or prolonging the inevitable. Money is always a huge issue but stringing this out will not cure our offensive woes or win any for the Gipper.

I say we go Arkansas circa BFP and name mainstay staff member, recruiter and non-impressive D-line Coach Rodney Garner as interim HC...get down on the wheel for potential candidates ahead of the competition. This has a freezing effect on recruiting to a degree and minimizes defections from the current roster while signaling to everyone that Auburn is dead serious about winning and you might want to consider who we might hire before bolting to a non Power 5 school or being shelved because your skillset doesn't mesh with a coaching philosophy.

And look, none of us want JJ anyway near this but the guy IS NOT LEAVING. Does he make the hire himself? Does he do the ceremonial Bo, Sully, Mac thing again?
IDK, they may tell him to go fuck himself but at least we have an outside chance at getting a solid hc that is far more consistent instead of a coordinator that is rattled that doesn't trust his own judgement. That triad of Malzahn, Lashlee and now Hand just isn't producing any points and will soon be a detriment to Steel's hard work.

All I'm saying is let's not waste anymore time and take a restart with some face saving and some hope. Good God how long has it been since we won a winnable home game against an SEC team and will it mean any more coming against Miles or Mullen after what we have witnessed recently. We are an embarrassment offensively. Doug Barfield could pile up points with this talent. We lacked depth back then on both sides of the ball and only a few would start on the better teams but at least he produced up to our total team potential. And he wasn't the recipient of a well stocked roster to have a leg-up.

No I don't want anything less than a great hc.
No I don't want an up and comer with little experience.
No I don't want anybody with baggage or questionable ethics.
What I want is a guy who can deliver wins and be consistent, one that recruits well,  develops talent and runs a tight ship.
We know what anyone thrown in a hat is up against in this league, IN THIS STATE.

But the bottom line is...win this state and you should have a contender. The guy up the road might hang in there a few more years but they will not be the brunt of jokes when he walks away from football. And if we don't act now and responsibly we might not have a better opportunity to even draw even again, or even pull one out every four or five years.

Who knows, maybe we find the right man.

All I know is, or feel in my heart of hearts, is that this isn't the answer, it hasn't been and it looks as it will continue.

It's not personal, it's football, and we want a winner.

« Last Edit: September 21, 2016, 07:18:51 PM by jmar »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

« Reply #64 on: September 21, 2016, 07:16:01 PM »
I just received word that I'll have $200,000 budget for vehicles and I know where I can get a deal on 2017 chargers.

Where do I sign?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #65 on: September 21, 2016, 07:24:24 PM »
I just received word that I'll have $200,000 budget for vehicles and I know where I can get a deal on 2017 chargers.

Where do I sign?
Oh it's not about mere Chargers anymore. It's about stock in the car company. And this is the place to start your future in po- poin' young man. You made the right choice Roll Tide!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #66 on: September 21, 2016, 11:18:21 PM »

We don't have the AD to hire him anyway. Want him, yes. Would we get him? Pfffttt

Besides its an expense move at this point with both buyouts.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE