Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

The Case For Gus

jmar

Re: The Case For Gus
« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2016, 10:49:55 AM »
Mendenhall never had a losing season at BYU but he's in his first season at UVa. Making about 3.75 M but finding it tough sledding so for.

Hudspeth of the Ragin' Cajuns is still around.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #21 on: September 19, 2016, 10:54:39 AM »
The best available HC I can think of that is Dana Holgerson. Very good play caller and with our talent...ah piss on it!

I thought she was great in Diffrent Strokes.  Didn't know she'd gone into coaching. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #22 on: September 19, 2016, 10:55:45 AM »
We can back a Brinks up to his home but I don't think we can get him.

Couple of ski masks, some rope.  Maybe some duct tape.  I don't think he's that elusive. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #23 on: September 19, 2016, 11:08:44 AM »
The whiskey had you talking shit about Carl Lawson. That was some good stuff.
I just let that one go
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #24 on: September 19, 2016, 11:22:32 AM »
I just let that one go

ONE tackle in 3 games.  ONE!!!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

jmar

« Reply #25 on: September 19, 2016, 11:24:09 AM »
I just let that one go
Would sure like to see a video of that little incident.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #26 on: September 19, 2016, 11:25:22 AM »
He's saving it for the real tests.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #27 on: September 19, 2016, 11:40:22 AM »
Great fucking logic.  Don't try to fix the clusterfuck!  It might get worse!

That defeatist mindset is what gave us Auburn Football in the 1970's. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #28 on: September 19, 2016, 11:42:03 AM »
The speculation on possible coaches is the norm in this situation.  But the reality is, Malzahn will be our guy the rest of the season.  Long way to go.  And I'd love to see some brakes pumped on Tom Herman.  He's Hansel.  He's so hot right now.  Yeah, he's got a damn fine resume as an OC and had a great first year as a HC.  But, anyone see any parallels?  He stepped into a job with one of the most dynamic playmakers in the country at QB.  But they whipped Oklahoma.  Yep, and tOSU just hung 45 on them too and stole their lunch money.  The Sooners aren't very good. 

Tom Herman may be the next Urban Cryer.  He also may be what so many said about Gus, learning on the job.  He's been a HC for one season and 3 games.  He looks damn good with Greg Ward, Jr, at the helm.  Do you really want to back the Brink's Truck up for this guy? 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #29 on: September 19, 2016, 11:57:07 AM »
The speculation on possible coaches is the norm in this situation.  But the reality is, Malzahn will be our guy the rest of the season.  Long way to go.  And I'd love to see some brakes pumped on Tom Herman.  He's Hansel.  He's so hot right now.  Yeah, he's got a damn fine resume as an OC and had a great first year as a HC.  But, anyone see any parallels?  He stepped into a job with one of the most dynamic playmakers in the country at QB.  But they whipped Oklahoma.  Yep, and tOSU just hung 45 on them too and stole their lunch money.  The Sooners aren't very good. 

Tom Herman may be the next Urban Cryer.  He also may be what so many said about Gus, learning on the job.  He's been a HC for one season and 3 games.  He looks damn good with Greg Ward, Jr, at the helm.  Do you really want to back the Brink's Truck up for this guy?
I mean, as long as we have Jay Jacobs it doesn't really matter.  He will not hire Herman. He will hire some mediocre coach and everyone will grudgingly drag their feet to support him...only to be in this same position 4 years from now. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #30 on: September 19, 2016, 11:57:23 AM »

True.

But not sure a slow start defines him overall as a player. The difference he made last year when he came back was very obvious.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #31 on: September 19, 2016, 12:50:09 PM »
I mean, as long as we have Jay Jacobs it doesn't really matter.  He will not hire Herman. He will hire some mediocre coach and everyone will grudgingly drag their feet to support him...only to be in this same position 4 years from now.

And the University will have a lot less money.     :haha:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

jmar

« Reply #32 on: September 19, 2016, 03:47:40 PM »
I'm not in the, as he put it, knee jerk reaction mode and want to fire Malzahn.  I was last night in JHS.  But then, I was several whiskey drinks in.  The man's stubbornness, shitty play calling, refusal to mold his offense to his QB's strengths is mind boggling.  I say again, as I said in another thread...Sean White is NOT a read option QB.  So STOP running it and STOP handing off between the tackles on 90% of every first down plays. 

We were all encouraged by the performance against ASU.  Look, the Red Puppies are horrible and were grossly overmatched. Toledo torched them.  We hung 8,000 yards on them.  They lost to Utah State last night and were down 24-0 at the half.  We looked like world beaters.  But did you notice something?  We handed the ball off up the middle just about every...single...fucking...first down.  Okay when you can steamroll a Sun Belt team.  Will never, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever work against any SEC team as long as Sean White is at QB.  He's not Cam.  He's not Nick.  So, on every single fucking first down, teams can treat it like it's 3rd and 1.  Respect the outside but stack the box. 

What is this man's stubbornness in running the offense this way when he doesn't have the QB to do it?  Where is the TE?  Where are the wheel routes?  Why has he completely abandoned the pump fake/fly pattern?  Question.  If you're LSU or Ole Miss or Georgia or Bama and you're defending Auburn on first down...what do you do?  I'll hang up and lissen'.  Nope, don't need to.  I already know the answer and so do you.  And so do every one of those teams. 

I'm not all about firing him, but has the man forgotten how to coach?
I think Gus melded two different styles expecting similar results that each delivered. In other words we have elements of what Todd ran with those of Marshall.

Like Sean White, Todd couldn't run the read option either. Cam had designed runs, bootlegs, QB draws and some read option sprinkled in. Nick ran the read option as good as it gets often overcoming an absolutely shit call by Gushlee.

Per a recent read:
Before Sarkisian's undoing he combined his spread with the pro style offense USC was already running. He placed his OC Helton in charge of calling plays...now Helton is the HC. Not sure how it's working out since they were anihilated by Alabama in their opener.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #33 on: September 19, 2016, 08:18:11 PM »
The only case for Gus will be made in JHS on Saturday.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #34 on: September 20, 2016, 04:37:57 AM »

CUPCAKES FOR EVERYONE.  :facepalm:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #35 on: September 20, 2016, 08:45:41 AM »
Too late already in my opinion.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #36 on: September 20, 2016, 09:30:06 AM »
I think this weekend is when we know about Gus.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

bgreene

« Reply #37 on: September 20, 2016, 09:45:45 AM »
Breaking News...Gus Gets 2 year extension and another $500,000 bonus.  Jacobs says he wants Gus to know that he stands behind him.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Men are made stronger on the realization that the helping hand they need is at the end of their own arm."

-Sidney Phillips

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #38 on: September 20, 2016, 09:57:38 AM »
I think this weekend is make or break for Gus.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

jmar

« Reply #39 on: September 20, 2016, 10:03:53 AM »
Breaking News...Gus Gets 2 year extension and another $500,000 bonus.  Jacobs says he wants Gus to know that he stands behind him.
I say we name Coach Dye Head Coach in waiting... assuming he would take a pay cut.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions