Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Gary and Verne

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Gary and Verne
« on: September 19, 2016, 09:48:44 AM »
Getting off the "woe is us" bus for a second. 

Watched about half of the Bama-Ole Miss game.  I've always felt like Gary and Verne had a perverse adoration for all things Crimson but they went overboard with it on Saturday. 

First they bellyached that an Ole Miss touchdown shouldn't have counted for about ten minutes. Then when somebody finally told them the play wasn't reviewable, they shifted tactics and started bitching and whining that it shouldn't have counted because the Ole Miss player went "helmet to helmet" on the Turd quarterback to cause the fumble.  That carried on through another series and across a commercial break.  Bitching, bitching, whining, whining, bitching. 

Then when an Alabama player hit Chad Kelly as he was going out of bounds and literally headbutted him, crown of the helmet into his earhole what did Verne and Gary say then?  Not a damn word.  Not a peep.  Of course it wasn't flagged either. 

Their giggling joy at Bama coming back after being down, the despondence in their voices when Ole Miss was ahead?  Absolutely sickening. 

On top of that, what was absolutely the worst to me was a long diatribe by the pair about how  that "silly" high school fast-paced offense had been figured out by great defenses like Alabama's.  It was nothing but gimmicks and quality teams like Alabama can't be taken in by it.  That kind of nonsense just doesn't work against them. 

Those fucking idiots.  Over the last five or six years the ONLY teams that repeatedly give Saban's defense fits are those like ours (used to be), A&M, Ole Miss, Clemson, etc.  They skull fuck the neanderthal teams like LSU.   But Verne and Gary contend that "gimmicky, silly" shit just doesn't work.

I hate those two clowns. I'm glad to see Verne retire.  I wish he'd take Gary with him. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
Re: Gary and Verne
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2016, 10:41:38 AM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2016, 10:43:55 AM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Token

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2016, 10:54:30 AM »
Get past all of the bullshit that went on in that game along with all the stupid shit they said.  And it was a bunch. 

Near the very end of the game, Alabama was trying to run the clock out and hold on for dear life.  They send Bo Scarbrough in to run the ball and he immediately fumbles when he gets hit.  I see it and I see a freshman tackle fall on the ball and secure.  Very obvious.  It happened quick, Williams stood up with ball and gave to officials so it wasn't that big of a deal.  Alabama pulls that running back out and sends someone else in who can hold on to the damn ball. 

Gary then says right before the next snap, "did Alabama fumble the ball on that last play?"  Verne says, "I don't think so."  I said yes they did you fucking idiots.  Then they show the replay again to show Bo fumbling the ball as he got hit.  Gary then says a bunch of stupid shit that ends with "Alabama Center Bozeman may have just saved the game for Alabama".  Again I say wrong guy dumbass, it was Jonah Williams.  They show the replay a few times and show Jonah standing up with the ball.  Gary continues to get it wrong. 

Then they give the play of the game to the wrong player for covering the fumble after 6 replays clearly showing Williams recovering the ball.  It's fucking insane that they are allowed to call games. 

Also, Alabama's kicker apparently punted an extra point during the game, which is the first time I've seen Alabama punt an extra point even though they really didn't. 
« Last Edit: September 19, 2016, 10:59:00 AM by Token »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2016, 11:59:14 AM »
Heard a caller to our local show this morning, who is a big Bama fan, but surprisingly quite sane and rational.  Anyway, he said, "Any Alabama fan that thinks Verne and Gary have it out for us, well, you didn't listen to the broadcast Saturday."  He went on to complain about how Danielson especially, just wouldn't let anything go.  He's was saying, "Okay, maybe we got hosed on a call.  Move on for Chrishakes".
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

oldautiger

• Resident Old Fart
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2016, 09:17:27 PM »
The only way I can take those two dumbshits is to turn the volume down all the way, then put Pink Floyd or the Stones on the stereo.
Blunt Muffberger is a hugh saban knob slobberer dick head. 
Some of his comments
Obburn .............what he calls us
AL-A-BAM-A........only way he refers to the turds, doesn't do that for anybody else
AL-A-BAM-A...........fuck him
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard, grow big, wear glasses of you need 'em." - Webb Wilder

"Auburn is no Harvard, M.I.T. or Alabama - Thank GOD for small favors" - Anonymous

I can't recommend sex, drugs and rock 'n roll to everybody, but they've worked for me. - Me

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2016, 09:26:10 PM »
Heard a caller to our local show this morning, who is a big Bama fan, but surprisingly quite sane and rational.  Anyway, he said, "Any Alabama fan that thinks Verne and Gary have it out for us, well, you didn't listen to the broadcast Saturday."  He went on to complain about how Danielson especially, just wouldn't let anything go.  He's was saying, "Okay, maybe we got hosed on a call.  Move on for Chrishakes".

Flex calls into shows now? Small world.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE