Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Quit Looking At My Sample Size

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
Quit Looking At My Sample Size
« on: September 12, 2016, 09:00:17 AM »
It's tiny...so what...

We have seen two extremes of Gus's offense this season.  Which is more likely to be the performance of the team going forward?

Does Gus, having shown us little people that he does actually remember how to run his system effectively, now go back to tinkering with the Clemson-version of the offense?

Does he, instead, say to himself, "Self, that felt good.  Remember when we used to score at will and run the ball up and down the field?  Let's do that again and again."

Or is the improvement all illusion predicated on playing a vastly inferior team?

I think Gus's mojo is back.  The offense won't lay 700+ yards and 51 points on most of an SEC schedule, but if we can average 30 or so points and combine it with our new and improved defense, I'm still predicting 9 regular season wins plus a bowl for a 10-win season.

LSU and UGA no longer look as daunting as they once did.  I even think that our DL might give the bama frosh QB some issues.

Who would have thought that Arky is looking like the 2nd best SECW team we'll face?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
Re: Quit Looking At My Sample Size
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2016, 10:06:01 AM »
Who would have thought that Arky is looking like the 2nd best SECW team we'll face?

We gonna get the morning tee time from Belks
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2016, 10:09:02 AM »
We gonna get the morning tee time from Belks

Shut your dirty whore mouth.

I like Charlotte, but do not wish to be there on 12/29 at 11am.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2016, 10:13:55 AM »
It's tiny...so what...

We have seen two extremes of Gus's offense this season.  Which is more likely to be the performance of the team going forward?

Does Gus, having shown us little people that he does actually remember how to run his system effectively, now go back to tinkering with the Clemson-version of the offense?

Does he, instead, say to himself, "Self, that felt good.  Remember when we used to score at will and run the ball up and down the field?  Let's do that again and again."

Or is the improvement all illusion predicated on playing a vastly inferior team?

I think Gus's mojo is back.  The offense won't lay 700+ yards and 51 points on most of an SEC schedule, but if we can average 30 or so points and combine it with our new and improved defense, I'm still predicting 9 regular season wins plus a bowl for a 10-win season.

LSU and UGA no longer look as daunting as they once did.  I even think that our DL might give the bama frosh QB some issues.

I worry more about Aggie than I do the hogs.

We seem to be close images of one another. A solid improved D. Smart qb. Crazy athletic wideouts.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2016, 11:38:29 AM »
I just like that he went back to running the O the way he has in the past.  I like that it clicked Saturday night.  I like our chances in the next two games far more than I did after last week.  Having said that, Toledo went into Jonesboro last week and almost hung 600 yards on the Red Puppies. 

I just want Gus to stick to the same game plan as this past Saturday and I can live with whatever happens.  If it fails, at least we can say he went Frank Sinatra and did it his way.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2016, 11:48:29 AM »
I just like that he went back to running the O the way he has in the past.  I like that it clicked Saturday night.  I like our chances in the next two games far more than I did after last week.  Having said that, Toledo went into Jonesboro last week and almost hung 600 yards on the Red Puppies. 

I just want Gus to stick to the same game plan as this past Saturday and I can live with whatever happens.  If it fails, at least we can say he went Frank Sinatra and did it his way.

For the offense to work in this version, SW will need time time to throw.

Will he get that time against an SEC defense? We have no answer for a blitzing team that we cannot block. We will see this weekend.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.