Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

All the same old cliches...

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
All the same old cliches...
« on: September 07, 2016, 08:44:10 AM »
Is that a woman or a man?

Time to turn the page on week 1.  Whether your sky is falling or you're encouraged by the non-blowout loss to #2, we've got a new opponent looming. 

Reading Gus's comments, he's made it clear that JJ is #3...and hopefully will spend his time exclusively on the sideline for the remainder of the season.  Not because I don't like JJ or think that he is the sole reason for our offensive woes, but because it means that Gus has (for really reals this time) picked a #1 and (a few MC snaps to JF3 aside) Sean should be seeing the lion's share of our offensive snaps.

I saw a lot to like from the receivers (when they were given a chance, read: not lined up at RB) and, obviously, the defense.  Let's use Saturday to establish the run.  We ought to be able to lean on ASU for 4 quarters and grind yardage with Pettway/KJ.

Getting a running game established will help Sean and the new WR corps get in a rhythm in the friendly confines of JHS before the October road show.

What about ASU?  I don't know much except that Trooper is coaching their DBs and his kid (Blaise?) returns kicks, I think.  Toledo pounded them...but Toledo also beat Arkansas last year.  What does that mean?  Fuck if I know.

Maybe I'm Charlie Brown and Gus is going to pull that ball away at the last second again, but fuck it: I had Clemson chalked up as a loss before the season started and I still think there's plenty of talent on this team to win 9.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
Re: All the same old cliches...
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2016, 09:41:26 AM »
I'd like to see Kam Martin get some carries as well.  Wasn't he one of the top RB's in the country coming out of HS?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2016, 10:10:30 AM »
Even if it takes a quarter or so and looks boring, I want to see our line get the chance to get in a rhythm and grind out some drives.  I have a feeling that's going to be the case.  I can see a few 3 and outs and the natives getting restless but our D should be able to hold off ASU while we get some things established.  No cutesy super spin moves, wide receiver runs or triple fakey reverse play action passes.  Just ground and pound and pop some quick passes.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2016, 10:11:07 AM »
And when the fuck did the back up walk on kicker start catching passes?  I think we just found our Hicks Poor.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2016, 11:03:47 AM »
I'd like to see Kam Martin get some carries as well.  Wasn't he one of the top RB's in the country coming out of HS?

Prolly why you won't see him.  :facepalm:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2016, 11:10:43 AM »
I still think there's plenty of talent on this team to win 9.

I actually see more wins and unlimited potential if Gus gets out of his own way.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2016, 11:16:46 AM »
And when the fudge did the back up walk on kicker start catching passes?  I think we just found our Hicks Poor.
I told y'all to remember his name.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2016, 11:48:35 AM »
Cliché:  The future is bright....IF we get some goot corchin'.  From Auburntigers.com

Here are the 17 players who made their Auburn debut

True freshmen: Marlon Davidson, Nate Craig-Myers, Derrick Brown, Kyle Davis, John Broussard Jr. and Tre' Threat.

Redshirt freshmen: Darius Slayton, Javaris Davis, Mike Horton, Tyler Carr and Griffin King.

Sophomore: Markell Boston

Senior: Greg Hall Jr.

Transfers: Paul James III, Darius James, T.J. Neal and John Franklin III.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2016, 12:32:47 PM »
'
Fuck you man!

Signed,
TJ
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2016, 12:36:48 PM »

Maybe I'm Charlie Brown and Gus is going to pull that ball away at the last second again, but fuck it: I had Clemson chalked up as a loss before the season started and I still think there's plenty of talent on this team to win 9.

Outside of one or two offensive linemen, we have the talent to win 11.

But if Gus continues this trend of sticking his head straight up his ass when planning and calling the offense, we'll be lucky to win 6.

The fact that we are even having these conversations in year four of a tenure that has had incredible recruiting classes is enough to warrant a coaching search.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2016, 12:39:58 PM »
'
Fuck you man!

Signed,
TJ

His account was hacked.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2016, 12:50:58 PM »
Cliché:  The future is bright....IF we get some goot corchin'.  From Auburntigers.com

Here are the 17 players who made their Auburn debut

True freshmen: Marlon Davidson, Nate Craig-Myers, Derrick Brown, Kyle Davis, John Broussard Jr. and Tre' Threat.

Redshirt freshmen: Darius Slayton, Javaris Davis, Mike Horton, Tyler Carr and Griffin King.

Sophomore: Markell Boston

Senior: Greg Hall Jr.

Will Hastings would like to have a word with thee!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2016, 02:47:50 PM »
Will Hastings would like to have a word with thee!

Troof.  When I was giving some tidbits, observations and various nuggets of wisdom from the practice I went to, I said the best receiver on the field (They didn't play the starters much) was a little 5'9" white kid named James Owens Moss.  He and Hastings are almost identical in size.  Moss was #35 and Hastings is #33.  I'm wondering if I just looked at the number wrong.  I did just have another burfday and my eyesight ain't what it used to be.

And get the hell off my lawn.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2016, 02:54:59 PM »
Troof.  When I was giving some tidbits, observations and various nuggets of wisdom from the practice I went to, I said the best receiver on the field (They didn't play the starters much) was a little 5'9" white kid named James Owens Moss.  He and Hastings are almost identical in size.  Moss was #35 and Hastings is #33.  I'm wondering if I just looked at the number wrong.  I did just have another burfday and my eyesight ain't what it used to be.

This is true

he is old.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2016, 03:29:53 PM »

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2016, 03:58:36 PM »
This is true

he is old.

Why are you still on my lawn?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2016, 04:06:49 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2016, 04:10:06 PM »
The preferred term is Zhe
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2016, 04:16:48 PM »
The preferred term is Zhe

And you always seem outnumbered
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

oldautiger

• Resident Old Fart
« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2016, 07:59:10 PM »
And you always seem outnumbered
You don't dare make a stand
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard, grow big, wear glasses of you need 'em." - Webb Wilder

"Auburn is no Harvard, M.I.T. or Alabama - Thank GOD for small favors" - Anonymous

I can't recommend sex, drugs and rock 'n roll to everybody, but they've worked for me. - Me