Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Rising?

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Rising?
« on: August 30, 2016, 12:56:19 PM »
Just a few days left before it starts  (I just don't have the feeling) and the re-rankings are out.  Whatever they are. 

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/2016/08/30/1-128-college-football-rerank-alabama-ohio-state-florida-state-clemson/89537594/

AU is seventh in the SEC behind UA, UT, UGA, Old Pee, UF, LSU. 

Also behind Louisville, Boise State, San Diego State, Houston, Iowa, Texas and North Carolina all of which i disagree with. 

I find it amusing that you have to look down the list past Western Michigan, Louisiana Tech and Memphis (among others) to find Arkansas.   And then you have to drill on past Southern Miss, Appy State, Navy and Temple (among others) to find A&M.  Once there, you have to plumb further through Air Force, Marshall, Washington State and Northern Illinios (among others) to get to Mississippi State. 

But we are picked last in the west? 

Ok.  Whatever. 

South Carolina is 84th. Below everybody.

Also noticed that Bama's HUGE opening week game, the springboard to their eleventy-fourtwice title?  The USC Trojans are buried at 35 on this list.  Behind us. A little above Arkansas. 

From this list for this weekend: 

Old Pee #15 vs. #2 Gang Rape S U
AU #29 vs. #5 Clempson
LSU vs. #27 Wisconsin
UA(t) #1 vs. #35 Trojans
UT #12 vs. #43 App State
So Carolina #84 vs. #79 Vandy ( I will stay up for this one)
Hogs #40 vs. #33 La. Tech
A&M #46 vs. #4 UCLA
UGA #24 vs. North Carolina #22 (overrated Heels)
Florida #23 vs. #127 UMass (next to last)
Kentucky #74 vs. Southern Miss #45

Here's what's going to happen. 

Bama will skull fuck USC and because it's a "traditional" power, it gives them a one-loss lead over everybody else.  IOW they have to lose two to suffer the same damage as anybody else losing one.

Florida will destroy the second worst team in football and be pronounced "back."  Top Ten ranking.

LSU will ground and pound Wisconsin and win by 10+ with some late scores.

Georgia will blister the Tar Heels and Kirby Smart will be hailed as the next Saban.  Georgia will lose four or five.

Old Pee will knock off FSU and be declared the only challenge to Bama in the West. They will go on to lose four games.

The Vols will beat the eyebrows off App State after a shaky first half. Josh Dobbs will be in the Heisman discussion after Week One.  They will also lose at least three games.

A&M makes a game of it with UCLA (vastly overrated). Hog fans give Bert a raise.  He spends it on at DXL on four track suits.

Arkansas will stumble around with La Tech and look bad doing it.  I think they win, but it will be on some game saving fuckup by Tech late in the fourth.

Kentucky and USM will play. Nobody will give a fuck and it won't change anything. 

Vandy will come close to spoiling Will Muschamp's debut, but he will win and bleed from four orifices. 

I do not want to talk about what's going to happen in Auburn. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
Re: Rising?
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2016, 01:06:26 PM »
We are going to win and don't you forget it.....until about 0100 est on Sunday.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

jmar

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2016, 01:47:47 PM »
Then again we could drop a close one, reel off a string of victories and have a rematch against FSU for all the marbles...or maybe limp on into Birmingham.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2016, 01:48:28 PM »

I was watching AU in 60. I think we win this year if SW stays healthy and guys catch the ball. He is a gamer and throws a damn fine ball. He is aware of what is going on and plays aggressively. I do not think we look like the doo-doo this year.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2016, 02:15:22 PM »
I was watching AU in 60. I think we win this year if SW stays healthy and guys catch the ball. He is a gamer and throws a damn fine ball. He is aware of what is going on and plays aggressively. I do not think we look like the doo-doo this year.
Would you go as far as to say he paints a picture with his balls?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2016, 02:20:45 PM »

Not really. With the knee brace he will no-doubtedly be wearing, I don't think he could squat that low...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2016, 02:33:28 PM »

Classic Tea-Bag Art.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2016, 02:45:01 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2016, 04:05:04 PM »
Agree on Bama and LSU.  Otherwise you're dead wrong.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2016, 04:58:15 PM »
Auburn's defense is going to have to be on point to beat Clemson.  They are a bit different of a team from last year, but I swear Watson is Cam Lite.  That fucker is going to win the Heisman if he has a season like last year.  I'm not just saying it because they're playing AU, I'm a  :bamahomer: and in hindsight, Alabama was pretty fucking lucky to win the championship game. They were an onside kick away from losing IMO.  I hope Alabama doesn't have to play them again while Watson is there.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2016, 05:01:29 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2016, 10:09:47 PM »
Agree on Bama and LSU.  Otherwise you're dead wrong.

Sell me. 

Florida gonna lose to UMass?
Vols gonna lose a brow to App State?
So Car gonna get flushed by Commodes?

Where'm I wrong? 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2016, 11:10:31 PM »
Sell me. 

Florida gonna lose to UMass?
Vols gonna lose a brow to App State?
So Car gonna get flushed by Commodes?

Where'm I wrong?

No...but they won't become media darlings for thrashing UMass.

Vols lose to App St.

Vandy throwing water on the Muschamp party in Columbus.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.