Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

George Wallace was an evil racist bastage...

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
George Wallace was an evil racist bastage...
« on: January 14, 2015, 02:58:29 PM »
Well at least the true GW was...according to the great Artur Davis:

http://www.al.com/opinion/index.ssf/2015/01/artur_davis_to_george_wallace.html
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Re: George Wallace was an evil racist bastage...
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2015, 03:34:14 PM »
I've tried to like that fucking clown.  Even did a little work with his campaign a long time ago. 

But this is the same old race baiting never-let-it-die shit that I simply can't abide. 

George Wallace was a politician.  He did what he had to do to get elected (by the people who could fucking VOTE, dammit) and did what he believed was in the best interests of the people he represented.  Period. 

Artur's dumb fucking race bating dipshit ass isn't aware that Wallace first ran on a moderate platform and was soundly beaten by an opponent who had the public backing of the Klan.  Here's a tidbit Davis probably didn't know.  Wallace was such a fucking moderate on segregation that he was fucking endorsed by the fucking NAACP in that 1958 race. 

You can't impact policy if you can't get elected.  And you can't get elected if you can't win.  So, seriously? 

FUCK Artur Davis and his myopic viewpoint.  Fuck him long.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2015, 03:45:14 PM »
I knew you would have insight into his BS opinion.

Its easier to vilify Wallace than to accuse a whole generation of "still voting" white folks of being evil racists.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2015, 03:49:42 PM »
I knew you would have insight into his BS opinion.

Its easier to vilify Wallace than to accuse a whole generation of "still voting" white folks of being evil racists.

Our esteem U.S. Attorney general has no problem do that.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2016, 05:25:47 PM »
Here's quiet confirmation of something I've told you people all along, something that GCW told me himself in person. 

http://www.al.com/news/tuscaloosa/index.ssf/2016/08/former_alabama_president_refle.html#incart_2box
The Stand in the Schoolhouse Door, the famous one in Foster Auditorium, was entirely scripted. I'd come back to work for John Blackburn, in the dean of men's office, and we already had Jimmy Hood, enrolled, in the dormitory and in his room. You know that was a scripted event to demonstrate that desegregation had ended, and the people who needed, whatever, exposure at that time got it.

Wallace was tarred and feathered nationally for it, but he did what was in the best interests of the people and state he served at the time.

Great man. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.