Fall Practice

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
Re: Fall Practice
« Reply #140 on: August 23, 2016, 01:48:38 PM »
We can discuss:

The mind-numbing mediocrity of Dan Mullen who apparently was sitting on the next coming of Johnny UnitasNamathMontanaBrady the past 4 years.

The implosion in South Bend.

The now-certain rubber match between Diaz and McGregor.

The price of tea in China.

Anyfuckingthing but the worst, most god-awful excuse for "hard rock" ever forced down the gullet of the American public.

I'd like to discuss the fundamentals of the pick and roll
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #141 on: August 23, 2016, 01:57:33 PM »
Perhaps Buzz can revisit the birth of the D'Oyly Carte Opera Company.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #142 on: August 23, 2016, 02:03:28 PM »
Who here wants to hear a good story about a bridge?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #143 on: August 23, 2016, 03:14:22 PM »
http://cbsprt.co/2bJY62U

Cover your ears when Nick Kostos talks.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2016, 03:26:55 PM by djsimp »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #144 on: August 23, 2016, 03:34:21 PM »
Why would you think we have shit for a running game.  Again yes losing Jovon hurts, however it's not like we haven't recruited and don't have able studs in the backfield.  We have top rated guys back there, talented guys.  No one knew Peyton Barber was going to be the man last year, we all thought it was going to Roc or Jovon.  Someone will step up in this role.  Out of all the things that could possibly happen this year this is actually one that doesn't bother me all that much.

Shit for a passing game based on what?  We had shit for a passing game last year and still managed to win 7.  I think you will be highly surprised by this.

Out of all of those WR you mentioned I will give you Ricardo "Drops easy ones, makes the hard ones" Louis. The rest got a hearty guffaw as in I can't believe you listed those guys as key players especially Duke.   Again based on the studs we have recruited, including talented guys that we have, what makes you think we are going to be worse at this position than last year?

It was the Jonathan Wallace mention that caused a ROTFLMAO moment for me.  As for the WR group, this will definitely sound like I just chugged a gallon of the orange & blue koolade, but I really think one of these true freshman recruits is going to step in and do some eye-popping shit. One of the top rated classes in the nation and they're 6'2" plus and athletic. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #145 on: August 23, 2016, 05:14:30 PM »
Look I get your stance. 

However what everyone is overlooking is that we are in a new year.  With new teams. 

Honestly, (and I'm not saying they are gonna suck because that backfires on me every year) if you look at all of the SEC teams including bama they have same amount if not more question marks than we do.  QB issues...check, RB depth...check, OL loss of players...not for us. 

Arkansas- new QB,
LSU- still one sided offense, Forunette tweaked his ankle don't tell me he isn't looking to the pros.
Ole Miss- Solid team pretty much intact from last year, off field issues though
Miss State- No Dak I say they return to bottom
aTm- QB issues, team issues

UGA - new coach...new qb
Vandy- still vandy

Look I have been an Auburn fan a long time. I get it! We cocoon ourselves as to not be disappointed.  Most of us don't want to get excited, because excitement leads to heartbreak when it comes to our team. 

I get those that think 8 wins is doable, I don't get the total destruction theory though.  We were 6-6 last year with pretty much the same schedule save for Clemson (which is obviously an upgrade). Even if our offense has not improved from last year (which I think it will), I know just the pure addition of Carl Lawson makes our defense better than last year, including better LB play.  Based on that you have to be at the minimum a 6 win season...with a potential to increase from there.
Yup
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #146 on: August 23, 2016, 05:49:19 PM »
I'm conceding nertin' to nobody. If we get some folks after Deshaun Watson's ass, we can beat Clemson. Yeah, that's a tall order but screw it.  Put a spy on him and jack him up every available opportunity. 

Look, the guy is a bad ass.  Go look at his 2015 numbers and it's not a pretty sight.  Almost make you go, "Okay...so who do we play in week 2?". But, despite his superior badassedness, I'm tired of people blowing Clemson up to be the damn Carolina Panthers.  Know why they do it?  Because they played the mighty Tahd that close.  We held Bama to 16 less points than they did.  Last year, Clemson ran the table into the MNC game, but along the way the margins of victory weren't exactly eye opening.

Louisville 3
Notre Dame 2
Syracuse 10
USCe 5
North Carolina 10
Hell, they got in a track meet with NC State 56-41. 

Two keys.  Our QB runs the offense efficiently.  Our D makes Watson pay for every yard he gets.

Sweet Haysus, September 3rd can't get here fast enough.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #147 on: August 23, 2016, 06:12:31 PM »
I just have seen this team fall apart after any kind of adversity like that.

No, you haven't seen this team fall apart.

Frankly, I was impressed with the fight they maintained through last season.

2012 is the only Auburn team I've ever seen quit.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #148 on: August 23, 2016, 07:22:19 PM »
No, you haven't seen this team fall apart.

Frankly, I was impressed with the fight they maintained through last season.

Truth! Last year's team had some scrap in them and never gave up.

That 2012 bunch made me sick to my stomach. I have never seen an Auburn football team quit the way they did. During the aTm skull fucking that year, they were fucking off on the sideline not give a single damn about the game. Even after the score passed the point of embarrassing, they were yucking it up on the sideline and having a grand old time.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #149 on: August 23, 2016, 08:34:30 PM »
Out of all of those WR you mentioned I will give you Ricardo "Drops easy ones, makes the hard ones" Louis. The rest got a hearty guffaw as in I can't believe you listed those guys as key players especially Duke.

I think we all LOL'd!

You'll have to forgive him. Trump could be president and AU has a shit team!  If there was ever time for him to save the world and get a vasectomy, now is it!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

jmar

« Reply #150 on: August 24, 2016, 05:55:58 AM »
I'm conceding nertin' to nobody. If we get some folks after Deshaun Watson's ass, we can beat Clemson. Yeah, that's a tall order but screw it.  Put a spy on him and jack him up every available opportunity. 

Look, the guy is a bad ass.  Go look at his 2015 numbers and it's not a pretty sight.  Almost make you go, "Okay...so who do we play in week 2?". But, despite his superior badassedness, I'm tired of people blowing Clemson up to be the damn Carolina Panthers.  Know why they do it?  Because they played the mighty Tahd that close.  We held Bama to 16 less points than they did.  Last year, Clemson ran the table into the MNC game, but along the way the margins of victory weren't exactly eye opening.

Louisville 3
Notre Dame 2
Syracuse 10
USCe 5
North Carolina 10
Hell, they got in a track meet with NC State 56-41. 

Two keys.  Our QB runs the offense efficiently.  Our D makes Watson pay for every yard he gets.

Sweet Haysus, September 3rd can't get here fast enough.
Clemson ran off wins like we did in 2010. This season I think I read where they returned 4 defensive starters, now down to three after a recent injury.

I think we have a better chance testing their depth on defense in a slobberknocker rather than get in a track meet with their offense. I'm just not so confident in our ability to lop off big gains consistently enough given the questions we have at the skill positions. It might not be preventable but we don't need to force having to play catch-up from trying to get too cute with the wildcat, ill-timed deep balls or other such momentum killers.

We think we have a stout defense and likely solid special teams including Legatron so why not lean on them until we figure some things out on offense.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #151 on: August 24, 2016, 09:12:42 AM »

1998 would like a word.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

wesfau2

« Reply #152 on: August 24, 2016, 09:23:34 AM »
1998 would like a word.

Touche.

I'll amend my statement:

2012 is the only Auburn team I remember seeing quit because the '98 season was my senior year at Auburn and those memories are lost in a haze of bong resin, malted hops and ecstasy.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #153 on: August 24, 2016, 09:28:16 AM »
1998 would like a word.

The 2001 team quit at halftime of the Alabama game.  I saw it personally.  They never recovered.  Lost three straight. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

wesfau2

« Reply #154 on: August 24, 2016, 09:37:11 AM »
The 2001 team quit at halftime of the Alabama game.  I saw it personally.  They never recovered.  Lost three straight.

Godammit...I had erased that memory.  Thanks.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #155 on: August 24, 2016, 09:48:11 AM »
Truth! Last year's team had some scrap in them and never gave up.

That 2012 bunch made me sick to my stomach. I have never seen an Auburn football team quit the way they did. During the aTm skull fucking that year, they were fucking off on the sideline not give a single damn about the game. Even after the score passed the point of embarrassing, they were yucking it up on the sideline and having a grand old time.

Only Auburn game I ever walked on in complete disgust.  I can handle being bad.  I can't handle just not giving one damn.  I lasted one series into the second half.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #156 on: August 24, 2016, 11:59:59 AM »
Only Auburn game I ever walked on in complete disgust.  I can handle being bad.  I can't handle just not giving one damn.  I lasted one series into the second half.

I left at after the jumper hit the field at halftime.  Went back to tailgating spot, no one there, went to bar in Opelika.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #157 on: August 24, 2016, 12:06:15 PM »
Can y'all just stop?  You are harshing my mellow over here with all this talk.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #158 on: August 24, 2016, 12:09:01 PM »
Can y'all just stop?  You are harshing my mellow over here with all this talk.

2006 Arkansas game, most ill prepared team I ever saw.  A Tommy special.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

« Reply #159 on: August 24, 2016, 12:16:52 PM »
Last tear's team quit against LSU...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"X's and O's they haunt Gus" - Elle King