No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
Re: High school football shoot
« Reply #182 on: October 20, 2016, 05:13:43 PM »
I'll admit I'm a little shocked at their downfall on the field. I thought they'd still be formidable with the talent pool. But shit maybe the coach was distracted.

The talent pool dried up when the recruiting irregularities went away. He had to rebuild. I'm still not sure how far along he is. His first year with all of that talent, he went to the title game. So I don't think its on field coaching. But after that talent left...Who says high schools don't recruit..

So I am not sure what its going to take. They looked a bit small this season. Need to feed those young guys.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #183 on: October 20, 2016, 05:16:39 PM »
The only bigger flop this year is Edgewood Academy. Went from winning 70 something in a row to going 0-for this year including a forfeit where they could be guaranteed safety at the game.

Edgewood is an odd one. When they ran Bobby Carr off, a LOT of players jumped ship. Edgewood really should not even be playing a varsity schedule this year. A lot of drama around that program right now. Bobby is now OC at Autauga Academy and they are kicking as.  He is with an old teammate of mine as HC, Kyle glover.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Token

Re: High school football shit
« Reply #184 on: October 21, 2016, 11:22:56 PM »
Etowah goes down 56-26. Scottsboro for real. Coach Patrick Nix has his boys playing ball.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #185 on: October 21, 2016, 11:38:25 PM »
Pell City went up I-59 to take on the 0-8 Wildcats of Fort Payne and lost 23-21 on a walk off statue of liberty 38 yard touchdown.

Unbelievable.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #186 on: October 21, 2016, 11:41:43 PM »
Got to see a barn burner tonight in Trussville.  Hewitt threw a 20 yard touchdown pass with 24 seconds on the clock to beat James Clemmons 21-20.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #187 on: October 22, 2016, 12:16:43 AM »
Wiregrass report.  Dothan beats Northview to grab a playoff spot.  Should lose by oh....say....60-7 in the first round against whoever they play.

Enterprise beat ranked Lee 31-26 to go 8-1.  Still, the lone loss was a bitch slapping by Phenix City.  E'prise could make some noise early in the playoffs but obviously not ready for prime time.

As I've said, this area has been really strong in the lower classes but look for teams like Carroll and Eufaula in 5A to do damage.  Elba, who has won a couple of State Championships in 3A during the last few years, looks skrong again.  Opp has a QB committed to Troy and he's bad ass, along with his Bobcat teammates.

I fricking love this time of year.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #188 on: October 22, 2016, 12:18:05 AM »
Anyone heard a score on Phenix City/Prattville?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #189 on: October 22, 2016, 12:29:10 AM »
Anyone heard a score on Phenix City/Prattville?

SHUT UP!

Like 56-0 last I heard!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #190 on: October 22, 2016, 12:55:23 AM »

SHUT UP!

Like 56-0 last I heard!

Well alrighty then...

Srsly, I was curious from the standpoint of seeing if PC continued to take care of business.  What they've done is impressive.  I've been pimping Enterprise.  Not a fan of them.  One county over.  But I've seen them play and they have a really complete team. I was impressed by their size, several skill position players, solid QB play etc.  And the fact that they're ranked in the top 10 in 7A and have handled a lot of good teams to go 8-1, makes you think a team from the Wiregrass could finally do something against the big boys.

Just wondering if PC is just that elite or did E'prise have that let down game where everything went wrong.  Looks like PC is just that good.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #191 on: October 28, 2016, 11:33:00 PM »
Pell City knocks off Helena in overtime 20-14.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #192 on: October 29, 2016, 12:41:39 AM »
Well alrighty then...

Srsly, I was curious from the standpoint of seeing if PC continued to take care of business.  What they've done is impressive.  I've been pimping Enterprise.  Not a fan of them.  One county over.  But I've seen them play and they have a really complete team. I was impressed by their size, several skill position players, solid QB play etc.  And the fact that they're ranked in the top 10 in 7A and have handled a lot of good teams to go 8-1, makes you think a team from the Wiregrass could finally do something against the big boys.

Just wondering if PC is just that elite or did E'prise have that let down game where everything went wrong.  Looks like PC is just that good.

PHS will be back. Rumblings about coach not lasting. Bobby Carr should have his credentials in Auguat and Dubose might want to come back to PHS. In either case, PHS should be competitive again at some time.

Or they keep Chad and hope for the best.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #193 on: October 29, 2016, 09:29:32 PM »

PHS will be back. Rumblings about coach not lasting. Bobby Carr should have his credentials in Auguat and Dubose might want to come back to PHS. In either case, PHS should be competitive again at some time.

Or they keep Chad and hope for the best.

Pc is a better program than phs. Historically speaking anyway.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #194 on: October 31, 2016, 12:43:53 AM »
Pc is a better program than phs. Historically speaking anyway.

Really. PC was in the title game 7 out of ten years? PC has five state championships?

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #195 on: October 31, 2016, 09:13:34 AM »

Really. PC was in the title game 7 out of ten years? PC has five state championships?

Yes really. I'm not one to argue over 16 years old playing the foosbalz but since you wanted to go all  "Dubose is coming back...."

If you want to use a very similar comparison looking at the numbers would you say Miami is a better program than Auburn? Or would you say they've had more highs than auburn during a particular 15 year span? Eye of the beholder possibly. But I don't think anyone would use what Miami did in the 80s as a benchmark to list them over other other programs that have been more consistent over a century.

All that aside, Dubose gets paid an enormous salary now and doesn't have to worry about "recruiting" anymore to get to the quarter finals and beyond. Why would he leave? He's in a gravy job. He's got an entire city to himself with everyone on board and more talent within the confines of his territory than he knows what to do with. Not just saying that but the talent he has is off the charts good.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2016, 09:15:29 AM by GH2001 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #196 on: October 31, 2016, 09:27:53 AM »
Yes really. I'm not one to argue over 16 years old playing the foosbalz but since you wanted to go all  "Dubose is coming back...."

All that aside, Dubose gets paid an enormous salary now and doesn't have to worry about "recruiting" anymore to get to the quarter finals and beyond. Why would he leave? He's in a gravy job. He's got an entire city to himself with everyone on board and more talent within the confines of his territory than he knows what to do with. Not just saying that but the talent he has is off the charts good.

Its not all gravy. Terrible place to live. Different culture to have to coach in every day. And two very huge factors that play into it that you seem to know nothing about.

Even with all of that, PC does not come close to PHS' tradition and winning. And with the exception of a couple if private schools, Prattville only has one high school. So I am not really sure where you are getting your info from.

Yes. The talent there is off the charts. Always has been. Always ends up failing to reach the big game.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #197 on: October 31, 2016, 11:21:08 AM »
Its not all gravy. Terrible place to live. Different culture to have to coach in every day. And two very huge factors that play into it that you seem to know nothing about.

Even with all of that, PC does not come close to PHS' tradition and winning. And with the exception of a couple if private schools, Prattville only has one high school. So I am not really sure where you are getting your info from.

Yes. The talent there is off the charts. Always has been. Always ends up failing to reach the big game.

From the record books. Prattville has won about 9 more games. Played in 50 more. Central has a slightly higher winning %. And 3 more playoff appearances. Prattville has more titles. Both good on paper. Very good. Central has prob played in the harder region the last two decades. It did get a little easier when Opelika stayed in 6a but they still play them every year.

Is what it is. And probably debatable. But neither is heads and shoulders above the other. All things being equal he has a gravy train job with that talent.

I give you that in general prattville is a better place to live. Pc has a great north side near where the stadium is but also has a bad south end. Which is where a lot of the talent comes from. Double edged sword I guess.

I envy prattville having a bass pro shops. Ha
« Last Edit: October 31, 2016, 11:23:36 AM by GH2001 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #198 on: October 31, 2016, 05:55:19 PM »
From the record books. Prattville has won about 9 more games. Played in 50 more. Central has a slightly higher winning %. And 3 more playoff appearances. Prattville has more titles. Both good on paper. Very good. Central has prob played in the harder region the last two decades. It did get a little easier when Opelika stayed in 6a but they still play them every year.

Is what it is. And probably debatable. But neither is heads and shoulders above the other. All things being equal he has a gravy train job with that talent.

I give you that in general prattville is a better place to live. Pc has a great north side near where the stadium is but also has a bad south end. Which is where a lot of the talent comes from. Double edged sword I guess.

I envy prattville having a bass pro shops. Ha

I'm gonna have to go ahead and disagree on one point.  Pratville doesn't look like anywhere I'd want to live.  Went through there once and stopped at the wal mart.  The only wal mart I've ever been in that was more frightening is bay minette. 

That place was filled with buffalos, Wookiee, yetis, yaks and wildebeests.  Horrifying.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #199 on: October 31, 2016, 06:03:17 PM »
I'm gonna have to go ahead and disagree on one point.  Pratville doesn't look like anywhere I'd want to live.  Went through there once and stopped at the wal mart.  The only wal mart I've ever been in that was more frightening is bay minette. 

That place was filled with buffalos, Wookiee, yetis, yaks and wildebeests.  Horrifying.

That blows your whole story out of the water.  Wal Mart doesn't carry Yetis.  Igloo Coolers are about as good as you're going to find there.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions