Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

High school football shit

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
Re: High school football shit
« Reply #140 on: October 04, 2016, 10:17:44 AM »
Actually he didn't. He did leave that job for a better one. And then immediately left that job for PC. So he does have a good job now. As long as he can keep his recruiting tactics hush hush. PHS hated to see him go! But there was no choice.

His current talent pool no longer requires that. Exactly the reason he was hired. Many felt Lowe was wasting it. They had 115 players dressed out Friday night. I was floored. Enterprise is a good team and the size and speed difference was noticeable. I'll just say if he doesn't win a title this year it will be on him. He has a stockpile of talent.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #141 on: October 04, 2016, 10:20:03 AM »
His current talent pool no longer requires that. Exactly the reason he was hired. Many felt Lowe was wasting it. They had 115 players dressed out Friday night. I was floored. Enterprise is a good team and the size and speed difference was noticeable. I'll just say if he doesn't win a title this year it will be on him. He has a stockpile of talent.

He damn sure knows how to do it. When Clark left, there was no drop-off at all. If not for the little recruiting snafu, he would probably be coaching a small college right now. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #142 on: October 08, 2016, 01:31:16 PM »
Pell City improved to 5-2 last night with a 29-23 win at Albertville.

They hit the road again Friday night to take on undefeated Oxford.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #143 on: October 14, 2016, 04:19:31 PM »
CCHS traveling to take on the undefeated Minor Tigers. Not sure what to make of this game. My gut feeling says Minor takes the W.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #144 on: October 14, 2016, 04:43:17 PM »
CCHS traveling to take on the undefeated Minor Tigers. Not sure what to make of this game. My gut feeling says Minor takes the W.

Good chance you're right.  Minor is 7-0 and winning by an average score of 52-14. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #145 on: October 14, 2016, 04:54:26 PM »
6A #3 Oxford comes to Pell City for tonight's showdown.

They're going to be tough to beat.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
Re: High school football shoot
« Reply #146 on: October 14, 2016, 04:57:52 PM »
Hewitt takes on Huntsville tonight in an attempt to get to 9-0 for the first time since 1987.  Tight roll those jeans and enjoy the ride.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

djsimp

« Reply #147 on: October 14, 2016, 05:11:07 PM »
Good chance you're right.  Minor is 7-0 and winning by an average score of 52-14.

Annnd, its a home game for Minor and a revenge game from last year. The Cougars have shown very little defense this year.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #148 on: October 14, 2016, 05:22:05 PM »
I would consider that a minor victory if this happens.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #149 on: October 14, 2016, 05:25:35 PM »
Pell City improved to 5-2 last night with a 29-23 win at Albertville.

They hit the road again Friday night to take on undefeated Oxford.

6A #3 Oxford comes to Pell City for tonight's showdown.

They're going to be tough to beat.

Which is it?  Got damn Navy people.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
Re: High school football shoot
« Reply #150 on: October 14, 2016, 06:50:04 PM »
Tallassee is up at Leeds. Have to pull an upset and get some help to make the playoffs. Long shots but this team plays hard together. Hope they can have a good showing. I'll be holding it down from the studio. Been a stressful week. Hope this is a highlight.

For the first time in a long time, I feel the need for a cigarette. Can't have one though. State will cancel my insurance. Thanks, Obama.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #151 on: October 14, 2016, 07:51:00 PM »

Which is it?  Got damn Navy people.
They come to Pell City and I hate you for pointing that error out.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #152 on: October 14, 2016, 09:38:36 PM »
They come to Pell City and I hate you for pointing that error out.

"Hate you" is a really not an appropriate thing to say.  "Really hate you" would have worked much better there, don't you think?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #153 on: October 14, 2016, 10:14:22 PM »
"Hate you" is a really not an appropriate thing to say.  "Really hate you" would have worked much better there, don't you think?
That goes without saying.

Pell City is down 37-3 in the 4th.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

« Reply #154 on: October 14, 2016, 10:19:33 PM »
My 5A #3 Etowah Blue Devils should be finishing up a beat down on Crossville tonight. It was 49-7 at the half.  They are a very young team with sophomores holding 50% of the starting positions, but they are led by senior QB who is committed to Arkansas. Kid has a huge arm but very careless with ball. Because they are young they play on emotion a little too much and have a lot of penalties.  Their big showdown is next week on the road against #2 Scottsboro. I expect a loss next week and an early exit from playoffs, but they will challenge for 5A State championship for next 2-3 seasons.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2016, 10:40:42 PM by Token »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

« Reply #155 on: October 14, 2016, 10:39:23 PM »

Close to the average....54-28.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #156 on: October 15, 2016, 12:19:02 AM »
Enterprise bitch slapped Demopolis to go 7-1 in 7A.  The one loss was a skull fucking by Phenix City.  The one decent upper class team we have in the Wiregrass really can't hang with the big boys.  As I said earlier, this year is no different than numerous recent years in the smaller classifications.  Elba, Opp, G.W. Long could all vie for State titles in 3A and down.  Above that...not so much.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #157 on: October 15, 2016, 12:56:25 AM »
My 5A #3 Etowah Blue Devils should be finishing up a beat down on Crossville tonight. It was 49-7 at the half.  They are a very young team with sophomores holding 50% of the starting positions, but they are led by senior QB who is committed to Arkansas. Kid has a huge arm but very careless with ball. Because they are young they play on emotion a little too much and have a lot of penalties.  Their big showdown is next week on the road against #2 Scottsboro. I expect a loss next week and an early exit from playoffs, but they will challenge for 5A State championship for next 2-3 seasons.

56-21 final.  Drew Nolas' bunch is 8-1 now and 6-0 in Region play.  Yep, Scottsboro looks to be a handful at 8-0.  Let's compare common opponents

Fort Payne:  Scottboro handled them 35-3 at home while Etowah won 21-17 on the road.

Guntersville: Scottsboro won 23-7 while the Blue Devils came out on top 14-7.

Alexandria: S'borro took them down 41-28.  Etowah won 24-16.

Arab:  Major mismatch.  S'borro bitch slapped them 59-7 while Etowah squeaked by 7-0.

However, it gets interesting from here.

Douglas:  S'borro whipped ass 62-6.  Etowah cruised 35-7

Crossville:  S'borro toughed out a 23-7 win while Etowah gang raped them 56-21.

Boaz:  The Borro cruises 56-14.  The Blue Devils hammered them 51-10.

Some of the games like Alexandria and Fort Payne were on the road so the differential in score can be accounted for.  I'll be interested to see what happens next Friday night.  Could be a killer match up.     
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

« Reply #158 on: October 15, 2016, 08:54:30 AM »
56-21 final.  Drew Nolas' bunch is 8-1 now and 6-0 in Region play.  Yep, Scottsboro looks to be a handful at 8-0.  Let's compare common opponents

Fort Payne:  Scottboro handled them 35-3 at home while Etowah won 21-17 on the road.

Guntersville: Scottsboro won 23-7 while the Blue Devils came out on top 14-7.

Alexandria: S'borro took them down 41-28.  Etowah won 24-16.

Arab:  Major mismatch.  S'borro bitch slapped them 59-7 while Etowah squeaked by 7-0.

However, it gets interesting from here.

Douglas:  S'borro whipped ass 62-6.  Etowah cruised 35-7

Crossville:  S'borro toughed out a 23-7 win while Etowah gang raped them 56-21.

Boaz:  The Borro cruises 56-14.  The Blue Devils hammered them 51-10.

Some of the games like Alexandria and Fort Payne were on the road so the differential in score can be accounted for.  I'll be interested to see what happens next Friday night.  Could be a killer match up.   

The Arab game was the turning point in the season. They had been winning on pure talent alone, but really found themselves on offense in that game. Not sure where you got your final score from, but it ended up being 61-41. I left halfway through the 4th when Etowah went up by 30. Ended up being closer because JV game up some garbage TDs, but they really found what they like on offense in that game. Hyatt had 4 passing TDs and did it without his #1 receiver who got a sprained ankle in 1st.

Either way, should be a good game next weekend. I think Scottsboro is probably the better team and better on defense. Like I said though, Etowah is very young and I think a loss to Scottsboro will probably carry over emotionally into the playoffs causing them to drop out early.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #159 on: October 15, 2016, 09:10:42 AM »
Enterprise bitch slapped Demopolis to go 7-1 in 7A.  The one loss was a skull fucking by Phenix City.  The one decent upper class team we have in the Wiregrass really can't hang with the big boys.  As I said earlier, this year is no different than numerous recent years in the smaller classifications.  Elba, Opp, G.W. Long could all vie for State titles in 3A and down.  Above that...not so much.

PC hung 60 on Lee last night. Most of that was in 2 quarters. I think they had 400 rushing yards at end of 3rd.  I didn't realize it but Lee was undefeated before last week. Montgomery area was a little better this year than they've been the last decade. East Alabama has been solid with Auburn, Pc and Opelika. Bham is solid as normal. Mobile is solid esp McGill.

But the wire grass..... Sheesh.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE