Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Philly Cheese

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Philly Cheese
« on: July 17, 2016, 08:57:12 AM »
Watching one of those food shows yesterday and there was one on famous sandwich shops around the country.  One of the stops was a deli in Philadelphia that of course, specialized in Philly Cheese Steak Sammiches.  I realized I had never actually tried my hand at making one, so I decided that was what the family was having for supper.  I pulled up some recipes and quickly found that everyone has their own unique method for this simple sandwich ranging from the meat (Sirloin, tenderloin etc.) to marinade to cooking methods. I now have my own.  Sweet Haysus, that was one guilty pleasure.

Settled on ribeye and had the butcher slice it paper thin.  I let it nap the afternoon away in a mixture of worsestishestishire, Sid's Sure Shot, garlic powder, salt and pepper.  Cooked it on low in a pan on the stove but kept it covered so it could sautee/steam in some olive oil and beef broth.  Every time I checked it, I would cut it up even finer and add a little more garlic, salt and pepper.

Pube Licks packages up some fine bell pepper and onion mixtures.  Red, yellow, green and orange.  I did the same with them on the stove and kicked em' up with a little Cavender's, salt and pepper.  Cooked them until they were just about falling apart.

Got some fresh Hoagie Rolls and when the meat and veggies were ready, I slathered the rolls in melted butter and topped them with a large amount of provolone cheese.  Put them under the broiler long enough the melt the cheese and put a little crispy burn to the edges of the bread.

Piled on the meat and peppers/onion mixture and poured on some au jus sauce, which was beef broth, flour, drippings from the skillet and salt/pepper. 

I think this sandwich would total about 1,500 calories and 173 grams of fat.  It would also achieve a rating of 946 on the Damn Fine Eatin' Scale.       
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
Re: Philly Cheese
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2016, 11:06:59 AM »
Watching one of those food shows yesterday and there was one on famous sandwich shops around the country.  One of the stops was a deli in Philadelphia that of course, specialized in Philly Cheese Steak Sammiches.  I realized I had never actually tried my hand at making one, so I decided that was what the family was having for supper.  I pulled up some recipes and quickly found that everyone has their own unique method for this simple sandwich ranging from the meat (Sirloin, tenderloin etc.) to marinade to cooking methods. I now have my own.  Sweet Haysus, that was one guilty pleasure.

Settled on ribeye and had the butcher slice it paper thin.  I let it nap the afternoon away in a mixture of worsestishestishire, Sid's Sure Shot, garlic powder, salt and pepper.  Cooked it on low in a pan on the stove but kept it covered so it could sautee/steam in some olive oil and beef broth.  Every time I checked it, I would cut it up even finer and add a little more garlic, salt and pepper.

Pube Licks packages up some fine bell pepper and onion mixtures.  Red, yellow, green and orange.  I did the same with them on the stove and kicked em' up with a little Cavender's, salt and pepper.  Cooked them until they were just about falling apart.

Got some fresh Hoagie Rolls and when the meat and veggies were ready, I slathered the rolls in melted butter and topped them with a large amount of provolone cheese.  Put them under the broiler long enough the melt the cheese and put a little crispy burn to the edges of the bread.

Piled on the meat and peppers/onion mixture and poured on some au jus sauce, which was beef broth, flour, drippings from the skillet and salt/pepper. 

I think this sandwich would total about 1,500 calories and 173 grams of fat.  It would also achieve a rating of 946 on the Damn Fine Eatin' Scale.     

Sounds like a good pre race meal.....

If you wanna be in the porta john at the start line.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
Re: Philly Cheese
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2016, 10:21:33 AM »
Sounds like a good pre race meal.....

If you wanna be in the porta john at the start line.

It might make you get the runs faster
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum