Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

curb your enthusiasm...

chinook

curb your enthusiasm...
« on: November 05, 2009, 12:16:30 AM »
...season 7.

i think this might be the best season so far.  perhaps, a lot of my enjoyment has to do with the seinfeld "reunion", and the show is broadcasted in 16:9 for the first time.  leon is a riot.  

also, there isn't jack on tv this season.  nothing really stands out for me, and my dvr schedule is all but empty.

sani, i recant my earlier statements about ncsi - los angeles.  not bad but still doesn't make my dvr list.  

community... i gave it a try but just couldn't do it anymore.  it was removed from the dvr schedule.  

heros.  i don't know what the fuck the writers are doing with this show other than making sure it doesn't come back next season.  it's a shame.  dvr records it for hayden viewing.  

« Last Edit: November 05, 2009, 09:06:55 AM by chinook »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
Re: curb your enthusiasm...
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2009, 08:26:16 AM »
The Office is great as usual this year...

The new show Modern Family is freaking hysterical. Al Bundy is the father with a gay son that is married and has adopted a little girl. The sons gay partner is freaking hilarious. Then Al Bundy married this SMOKING hot mexican trophy wife with a fat 13 year old son. Then he also has a daughter who is married with 3 kids and she has a husband that if a dork, but pretty funny too...

Anyway, it is a pretty good show...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Thrilla

• I have a touch of the consumption
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2009, 10:05:19 AM »

The new show Modern Family is freaking hysterical. Al Bundy is the father with a gay son that is married and has adopted a little girl. The sons gay partner is freaking hilarious. Then Al Bundy married this SMOKING hot mexican trophy wife with a fat 13 year old son. Then he also has a daughter who is married with 3 kids and she has a husband that if a dork, but pretty funny too...

Yep, Modern Family is a hilarious new comedy.  Heroes lost me 2 seasons ago.  I know it's fantasy and what not, but the last couple of episodes I watched lost me because they were just too weird.  I'm still keeping up with Fringe and It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia.  Everything else kind of blows.

Oh yeah...War Eagle!!! did mention another reason I watch Modern Family:

That Al Bundy is a lucky bastard.  Talk about heart palpitations.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2009, 10:16:30 AM »

LOVE this show!!!  The best episode so far was the one where the gay guys are introducing the baby to the rest of the family.  Gay son says "{Partner] is not THAT over the top..."  just as partner comes waltzing out in full on African regalia to the opening tune from the Lion King, holding the baby up like Simba... The timing was PERFECT... I laughed so hard I actually cried.  I still giggle thinking about it.

I would like to know the back story tho - how Al Bundy met and married the hot chick, where he got his money, etc.

FABULOUS show.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2009, 11:41:50 AM »
LOVE this show!!!  The best episode so far was the one where the gay guys are introducing the baby to the rest of the family.  Gay son says "{Partner] is not THAT over the top..."  just as partner comes waltzing out in full on African regalia to the opening tune from the Lion King, holding the baby up like Simba... The timing was PERFECT... I laughed so hard I actually cried.  I still giggle thinking about it.

I would like to know the back story tho - how Al Bundy met and married the hot chick, where he got his money, etc.

FABULOUS show.

Yeah, sometimes shows based on a "gay" theme can get on my nerves and be over the top or trying to make some sort of liberal point. Not this one. At all. They constantly make fun of themselves and the way they act...say...feminine.

Yes Wench, the Lion King bit had me crying...so so fucking funny...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2009, 12:30:28 PM »
I'm still hooked on Sons of Anarchy.  I have The Office and NCIS:LA still on the DVR.  Just haven't had a chance to watch them yet.  I generally like to get a little behind so I can spend an off day from time to time watching them and catching up on everything.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2009, 02:51:15 PM »
I'm still hooked on Sons of Anarchy.  I have The Office and NCIS:LA still on the DVR.  Just haven't had a chance to watch them yet.  I generally like to get a little behind so I can spend an off day from time to time watching them and catching up on everything.
I do that with Grey's Anatomy.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2009, 04:41:49 PM »
I do that with Grey's Anatomy.
I'd like to see Grey's anatomy...both Grey's actually.  Especially the younger one.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2009, 04:53:42 PM »
I'd like to see Grey's anatomy...both Grey's actually.  Especially the younger one.

:thumbsup:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2009, 08:28:21 PM »
Curb Your Enthusiasm has me fucking rolling, every episode this season. The wheelchair one? The Jesus painting tear one?

Funny shit.

Modern Family is also a great, great show.

It's Always Sunny is always solid as well.

Office is still solid, but I've always preferred the British version, I guess cause I saw it first (which I believe just started airing on Adult Swim). I dunno, I have every episode on DVD anyway.

That pretty much rounds out my Tivo at present.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2009, 11:20:14 PM »
I just watched some Tivo.

Solid week in television.

The fag episode of South Park.

http://www.southparkstudios.com/episodes/251889/

The merchandise one of It's Always Sunny
(can't find the whole episode but dicktowel.com is hilarious)
http://vod.fxnetworks.com/fod/play.php?sh=sunny&ep=54

And my new favorite show has got to be The Draft. I thought it looked kinda dumb based on the premise, but it is fucking hysterically funny.

http://vod.fxnetworks.com/fod/play.php?sh=theleague&ep=230

(For some reason FX only plays the episode before the latest. You're gonna have to seek out the next episode or wait til next Thursday to see it online. But do yourself a favor and do this. The second episode is much funnier than the first.)
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

chinook

« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2009, 07:21:40 PM »
season finale for curb tonight. 

can't wait.  
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

chinook

« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2016, 04:49:21 PM »
HBO announces 9th season of Curb Your Enthusiasm.

Curb Your Enthusiasm will return to HBO, according to a post on the channel's official Medium account. "We're thrilled that Larry has decided to do a new season of Curb and can't wait to see what he has planned," Casey Bloys, president of HBO programming, said in a statement.
Sidebar

Larry David, the show's star and creator, added, "In the immortal words of Julius Caesar, 'I left, I did nothing, I returned.'"

HBO offered little in the way of other information and did not set a premiere date. The channel's statement notes that "details of the new season will be announced as they are confirmed." The previous 80 episodes of Curb Your Enthusiasm also aired on HBO – it's the channel's longest running scripted comedy or drama series – before it went on hiatus in September 2011.

David described his approach to his TV character in 2011 Rolling Stone cover story. "He's my version of Superman," the comedian said at the time. "The character really is me, but I just couldn't possibly behave like that. If I had my druthers, that would be me all the time, but you can't do that … As crazy as this person is, I could step into those shoes right now, but I would be ar­rested or I'd be hit or whatever."

David told Grantland that the odds were "six to one" against a new season of Curb Your Enthusiasm in 2014. "I got so much grief from the Seinfeld finale, which a lot of people intensely disliked, that I no longer feel a need to wrap things up," the comedian said. "I wouldn't say I'm mad about it," he continued, "but it taught me a lesson that if I ever did another show, I wasn't gonna wrap it up."

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2016, 04:56:03 PM »
HBO announces 9th season of Curb Your Enthusiasm.

This thread had to take sometime to find.  Kudos   :thumsup:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'