Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Dilfer Love For Davis

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Dilfer Love For Davis
« on: May 24, 2016, 10:49:40 AM »
pinched-n-pasted from 247 spurtz

After Sean White was named Auburn's starting quarterback in the middle of last season, one of his most vocal supporters was Super Bowl-winning quarterback and ESPN analyst Trent Dilfer. Now another Tiger has earned Dilfer's admiration.

Kyle Davis, a 4-star wide receiver who enrolled early in the 2016 recruiting class, was the subject of praise from Dilfer on Twitter Monday night.

"You are the best I've ever coached there," tweeted Dilfer, referring to The Opening, an annual event that features top high-school football prospects from across the country. "Wish every kid I coached had your competitive temperament and leadership."

"That's love," Davis responded. "I still use everything you coached me."

Dilfer is the leader of the Elite 11, a gathering of the nation's top high-school quarterback prospects each year. In 2013, the Elite 11 combined with The Opening. Dilfer coached Davis at The Opening in 2015, when Davis was named the MVP of the camp's 7-on-7 .

Dilfer has heaped praise on White, who is currently competing for the starting quarterback job, since coaching him in the Elite 11 in 2013, when White was named the MVP.

"His accurate isn't just accurate," Dilfer said of White at the time. "It's exact. It's an NFL type of ball. I'm stealing this from Steve Young, but he has an artistic ball. He paints a picture with his ball."

Davis was limited in spring practice and missed the A-Day game after undergoing offseason shoulder surgery. However, he is expected to fully recover before fall practice and compete for playing time in his first season this fall.

The 6-foot-2, 208-pound Davis caught 47 passes for 773 yards in his senior season at Archer (Ga.) High. He was rated No. 9 among receivers in the 247Sports Composite.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
Re: Dilfer Love For Davis
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2016, 10:53:22 AM »
"His accurate isn't just accurate," Dilfer said of White at the time. "It's exact. It's an NFL type of ball. I'm stealing this from Steve Young, but he has an artistic ball. He paints a picture with his ball."

Gothic horror or cracked-out surrealist?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2016, 10:56:23 AM »
This is complete bullshit. 

al.com done already tolt me that David Cornrow is way better'n NFL quarterbacks an he cain't ever win the starter quarterback job at the Capstone, baby!  He ever better'n that boy what play for the Eagles.  You know Sam Bardfard.   Trollin' deeeeep at QB!!! 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2016, 11:23:40 AM »
"It's exact. It's an NFL type of ball. I'm stealing this from Steve Young, but he has an artistic ball. He paints a picture with his ball."

It's just a shame that the picture is normally of a D-Lineman's hand batting his ball down.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2016, 12:06:02 PM »
Damn it, people.  Dilfer is bona fide.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2016, 12:09:10 PM »
It's just a shame that the picture is normally of a D-Lineman's hand batting his ball down.
Look bitch, Dilfer is talking about 7 on 7 and skeleton passing drills.

Why do you always have to be so negative? We can win a championship with or without you. Frankly, I don't think you deserve a seat on the Gus bus with such a shitty attitude.

Adjustment. You need one.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

DnATL

• Xcrement talker
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2016, 10:46:12 PM »
"He paints a picture with his ball."
Sadly, you have but a blank canvas......
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions