Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

YES SIR!!

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
YES SIR!!
« on: May 31, 2016, 02:10:06 PM »
Verne finally retiring after this season!!! Brad Nessler to replace him.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Re: YES SIR!!
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2016, 02:36:58 PM »
The guy is going to be 76 this year.  Not surprising.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2016, 03:32:30 PM »
Thank the benevolent overlords of the universe.

Fuck that sloppy, fat, slurring, misinformed bag of asshole lint.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2016, 03:50:41 PM »

What he said x 10.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/I-hate-Verne-and-Gary/207307766013161   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2016, 03:58:08 PM »

I liked Verne and Gary.  Gonna' miss their calls together.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2016, 04:27:51 PM »
I liked Verne and Gary.  Gonna' miss their calls together.
You rabble rousing contrarian!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2016, 05:14:33 PM »
You rabble rousing contrarian!

Balderdash!!!

I know I'm a minority of 1, but hey, minorities always get their way, these days.   :rimshot:

Seriously, I was never in the Verne Haters Club and never understood all the vitriol that came his way.  Yes, he absolutely could butcher a name and never got C.J. Uzomah right. But to be fair, there were 2 players that Tommy Tuberville coached for 4 years and never once did he correctly pronounce Ben Obamawon or Devin Aromashoobiedoobiedo.

Verne and Gary always had the biggest SEC games and maybe I was just familiar and/or comfortable with their calls. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2016, 05:23:13 PM »
Balderdash!!!

I know I'm a minority of 1, but hey, minorities always get their way, these days.   :rimshot:

Seriously, I was never in the Verne Haters Club and never understood all the vitriol that came his way.  Yes, he absolutely could butcher a name and never got C.J. Uzomah right. But to be fair, there were 2 players that Tommy Tuberville coached for 4 years and never once did he correctly pronounce Ben Obamawon or Devin Aromashoobiedoobiedo.

Verne and Gary always had the biggest SEC games and maybe I was just familiar and/or comfortable with their calls.

Fat, drunk and stoopied is no way to go through life son.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2016, 05:23:53 PM »

Fat, drunk and stoopied is no way to go through life son.

Verne did!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2016, 05:24:19 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUownsU

• Hold my beer.
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2016, 06:45:00 PM »
Count me in the Verne fanboy club. Guy has called some of the greatest moments in all of sports. Honestly think he's still go it too. However it got to be hard to call play by play when you have a sniveling know it all next to you who constantly mumbles and messes up your call.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2016, 06:55:12 PM »
Count me in the Verne fanboy club. Guy has called some of the greatest moments in all of sports. Honestly think he's still go it too. However it got to be hard to call play by play when you have a sniveling know it all next to you who constantly mumbles and messes up your call.

As an Auburn fan, I would take the Kick 6 call of Rod Bramblett in his go crazy Cadillac, total and complete homerism, mega chill bump inducing delivery, 100 times out of 100.  But to the casual fan watching one of the great moments in sports history, Verne nailed it.  The key is he didn't say too much and then did what a seasoned professional should have done.  He shut up and let the scene and the moment speak for itself.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUownsU

• Hold my beer.
« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2016, 07:12:15 PM »
Funny you mention it. His call of the Kick 6 is my ringtone.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2016, 07:19:09 PM »
Hated Verne.  I like Gary and he actually has some X's and O's sense about him.  Too bad he spent most of his time making up for that fat, bumbling fuck of Verne.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2016, 08:55:40 PM »
I never forgave Verne for dancing in the booth that year when Georgia was killing us. 

I also disliked his constant comparison of everything to something at Alabama.   I challenge you to watch a complete Auburn game called by him regardless of who we are playing and find fewer than two Bama slobbers by Verne.  He couldn't help himself.  It would be like:

Carnell Williams has established himself as one of the possible top picks in the NFL draft.  He reminds me of Shaun Alexander from Alabama except Alexander had a bigger frame. But both are elusive and good in the open field.  Alexander had himself quite an NFL career....

I got tired of it.  I want to watch our game and hear about our program and the team we are playing.  I never cared for his fond reminisces of all things Crimson.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2016, 10:05:38 PM »
I hope he does every bama game this season!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2016, 10:50:18 PM »
I never forgave Verne for dancing in the booth that year when Georgia was killing us. 

I thought about that very thing today. That was the one time I got pissed as hell.  But then....I also realized that I was pissed simply because my team was taking an ass beating.  Had I been watching a game between Georgia and Bama and the Dawgs were kicking that ass and I saw Verne and Gary Soulja' Boying (Or however you spell it) I'd have been puttin' the Superman on dat ass right there with em'. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2016, 11:01:35 PM »
Got a question for you.  Lundquist was born in Minnesota.  Finished school in Texas and Illinois, then got his start in broadcasting in Texas.  (wiki's so it's 100% true).  Why would you possibly think he's a Bama knob guzzler?  Where does that come from?  You really think these guys are independent thinkers?  Free to say whatever they want?  Please.  You know better than that.  If Verne or Gary or Brad or Mike or whoever is pimping Bama or Urban and tOSU or whatever team you don't like, do you think that's coming from them?  Hell no!!!  They're pimping whomever they're paid millions and told to pimp. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2016, 11:13:03 PM »
Got a question for you.  Lundquist was born in Minnesota.  Finished school in Texas and Illinois, then got his start in broadcasting in Texas.  (wiki's so it's 100% true).  Why would you possibly think he's a Bama knob guzzler?  Where does that come from?  You really think these guys are independent thinkers?  Free to say whatever they want?  Please.  You know better than that.  If Verne or Gary or Brad or Mike or whoever is pimping Bama or Urban and tOSU or whatever team you don't like, do you think that's coming from them?  Hell no!!!  They're pimping whomever they're paid millions and told to pimp.

In the past two seasons Alabama has been on CBS 14 times.

14 times, Bueller.

14 times.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2016, 11:16:35 PM »

My daughter's chihuahua is asleep and just ripped the nastiest wet fart you'll ever hear a dog trumpet.  It was sickening. 

I'd rather hear that than Verne honk the Bama bobo. 

I don't have much experience, but I can tell you from my own personal interaction that when you're covering teams, even when you don't really have any personal connection, you do have favorites.  It just happens. It's human nature.  Verne was a bahr-loving, sabbin-slurping, crimpson-nuzzling bammer at heart.  He was one of those that believed that "college football is better when Alabammer is good."  He was one of those "rightful place" fuckers.  He had a personal affection for that team, that shithole of a town and those people.  Verne was one of those who believed that the meccas of college football were South Bend, Lincoln, Tuscaloser, Norman, Austin and where ever the fuck Penn State is. 

I promise you nobody was in his ear saying "say more good shit about Bama Verne!"  Nope.  That was his own blabbing. 

So fuck him with a piece of rebar in his enormous gourd head.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.