Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

I Am Let Down

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
I Am Let Down
« on: May 30, 2016, 10:52:47 PM »
Turner Classics has been running the old classic war movies the last few days in honor of Memorial Day.  I've spent several hours in front of the boob tube enjoying some of the greats that my pops and I used to watch late at night.  The Longest Day.  Battle of the Bulge etc.  Tonight, my all time...use to be..favorite, came on.  Where Eagles Dare.  Richard Burton and Clint Eastwood.  Growing up, I thought that was quite possibly the coolest war movie ever made.  The total package.  Intrigue.  Spies.  Double agents.  Germans killed by the dozens.  Shit blown up.

Sat down tonight and watched it in its entirety.  Holy damn, how cheesy can you get?  Why didn't I leave it alone and remember it fondly?  It's like the writers just didn't have time to tie everything in.  Let's jump off a cable car 100 feet in the air into freezing water with bullets flying.  Just happen to land by a shack where someone is waiting for us with blankets.  Oh, and and a big snow plow bus which we will use to drive to some remote German airport where we will somehow miraculoiusly rendezvous with a plane that flew in, timing it perfectly from England...

Shit....I wish I had never watched it again.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
Re: I Am Let Down
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2016, 11:23:38 PM »
Lol. I just saw the ending. They didn't even show the traitor jump from the plane!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2016, 12:56:58 PM »
But that blonde headed chick with the machine gun made my 12 year old pants go crazy.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

chinook

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2016, 02:36:46 PM »
But that blonde headed chick with the machine gun made my 12 year old pants go crazy.

skinny pants are the rage these days. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2016, 02:55:22 PM »
The other bit of extreme cheese was the fact that they didn't even try to be consistent with the accents.  Richard Burton and even some of the German Officers were talking with a heavy British accent while a few tried to pull off a German accent.  And I noticed that Eastwood was never in a situation where he had to talk to any "German" soldier. Actually, they never explained why he, as an American, was involved.  Even he asked Richard Burton why he was there and Burton told him, "Because you are American." 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

dallaswareagle

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2016, 03:03:36 PM »
The other bit of extreme cheese was the fact that they didn't even try to be consistent with the accents.  Richard Burton and even some of the German Officers were talking with a heavy British accent while a few tried to pull off a German accent.  And I noticed that Eastwood was never in a situation where he had to talk to any "German" soldier. Actually, they never explained why he, as an American, was involved.  Even he asked Richard Burton why he was there and Burton told him, "Because you are American."

I thought there was a part where he said he wanted Eastwood cause he knew someone on the team was a counter spy and he's the only one he could trust.  Maybe they cut it but I thought is was in the last scene on the plane ride back or where they are sitting around the large table and he called Eastwood a "2nd rate punk". 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2016, 04:13:05 PM »
This thread is unpatriotic and unAmerican.  :facepalm:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

dallaswareagle

« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2016, 05:21:20 PM »

That's how most things are going now.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2016, 05:23:01 PM »

Shut up you 2nd rate punk.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions