Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

At least he's not Hillary...

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
Re: At least he's not Hillary...
« Reply #820 on: August 03, 2016, 10:07:58 AM »
Whut?

http://www.cnn.com/2016/06/21/politics/donald-trump-business-spending-fec/

All of that aside, he has spent a lot of money out of pocket - period. The loaning, paying back, moving it around etc etc doesn't make that go away. I just don't think you pour this kind of time and resource into something as part of a sham. Not at this point in the game.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #821 on: August 03, 2016, 10:15:30 AM »
I've waffled back and forth on trumps true intentions. With all the resources money and campaigning he and his family have thrown into this thing now, I have to believe his intent is sincere at this point, even if it wasn't at some point before.

I think he was as surprised as anyone that he got the nod. I think he wanted to test the waters and get in to shake it up enough to make a dent and then get out. I think that he thought he could affect the race, not win it. But now he's won it. And wants that last notch on his career built. It's the only thing he hasn't done in his career and frankly the only thing left to do for him. He is looking at this as his crowning achievement and the last chapter of his legacy.

I have to think he's been all in from the start.  In addition, given his Trump Tower sized ego, I don't think the man has been surprised by any of it.  Prepared to handle any of it?  That's a whole other story.

I say he was all in because if you think back to how it all started, he came out guns-a-blazin' with his comments on immigration.  Businesses, networks, beauty pageants, golf tourneys etc. were disassociating themselves from him quicker than Bama cut ties with Tom Al-Betar....wait....bad analogy.  We've all said he may suck royally at teh politics, but the guy is one of the most savvy business men in the world. I don't think he allows all that to happen if he's not jumping in with both feet and saying damn the consequences.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #822 on: August 03, 2016, 11:07:25 AM »
A) Because I'm not a squealing liberal baby who thinks Trump will be a disaster
B) Because I think Trump is a businessman first and as such is smart enough to hire people and put them in positions to make a difference and to succeed.
C) Because I think if Trump wins thing will be different enough in four years that we might just want to keep him around.
D) Because I think Trump is a patriot who puts America's needs first and Hillary is a Euro-globalist who is all about being Empress.  No thank you. 

If Trump wins, I have every confidence that I'll be even more in support of him the next time around.

And the more the established "politicians" (really lazy fucks who really don't want to work) come out against him the more I think they are scared of what he may find and hopefully clean it up. The more I hope middle America (the working class) votes for him.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #823 on: August 03, 2016, 11:51:54 AM »
So would you rather him pay another company to do this?

This article and the media's fucking skewing of facts is such bullshit. It costs to travel around on a plane, might as well use your own.

Why the fuck the media (and you) harp on shit like this while giving Clinton a COMPLETE PASS about the Clinton Foundation is what is wrong with the whole fucking thing...
What do you not understand that more money is coming INTO HIS POCKETS from campaigning than coming out?

GH2001's argument that he MUST be serious because he's losing his personal money on his campaign is just patently false.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #824 on: August 03, 2016, 12:08:19 PM »
What do you not understand that more money is coming INTO HIS POCKETS from campaigning than coming out?

GH2001's argument that he MUST be serious because he's losing his personal money on his campaign is just patently false.

No it's actually an opinion that differs from yours. I'm of the opinion that the behavior he's demonstrating shows he is serious about the bid. Your of the opinion that he is not serious. More money (and time. And resources. And time away from the company. And his family's time) has come out of his coffers than into them. Maybe not since he got the nod. But overall they have. You are purely focusing on monetary as well when I also referenced much more than monetary that factored into why I think he is serious. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

dallaswareagle

« Reply #825 on: August 03, 2016, 12:19:05 PM »
Just for shit and giggles, what happens if?

Second set of E-mails are released and the "beast" gets indicted. She gets out.

Trump says fuck it and he drops out. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

GH2001

« Reply #826 on: August 03, 2016, 01:06:25 PM »
Just for shit and giggles, what happens if?

Second set of E-mails are released and the "beast" gets indicted. She gets out.

Trump says fuck it and he drops out.

Then Bernie assumes the role. Beats trump. And we all get to pay lots of taxes so that prowler can get free shit.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #827 on: August 03, 2016, 01:53:35 PM »

You do realize that they ALL put money into their pockets, right?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

dallaswareagle

« Reply #828 on: August 03, 2016, 01:56:37 PM »
Then Bernie assumes the role. Beats trump. And we all get to pay lots of taxes so that prowler can get free shit.

Game tickets?????
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #829 on: August 03, 2016, 02:28:21 PM »
Would you guys think differently of Trump if he was a native of Auburn and an Auburn graduate?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

« Reply #830 on: August 03, 2016, 02:30:57 PM »
Would you guys think differently of Trump if he was a native of Auburn and an Auburn graduate?

For me this isn't really what I think about Trump, this is more about what I know and fear about her.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #831 on: August 03, 2016, 02:33:42 PM »

Yep.  I think we'd have a bigger stadium.  One to match our new Megatron UltraJumbo XJ 6000 scoreboard.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #832 on: August 03, 2016, 02:35:38 PM »
Personally, I believe that War Eagle!!! said it best when he said:

Most rational people feel this way, Trump is a blowhard and a buffoon who likes to hear his own voice, Hillary is just evil and corrupt. Maybe, just maybe, Trump will blow shit up and get rid of the old guard and make changes to the govt. Make it for the people not for them. I look at this way:

Trump-Maybe changes made.

Hillary-More corruption and free shit to folks who don't do shit. More cops shot, less military (cause shes gonna cut the budget even more and folks are going to leave, or not sign up)

Johnson-Wasted vote.

Or, was that CCTAU?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #833 on: August 03, 2016, 03:05:29 PM »

Who do you think is gaining from the private jet that is flying Hillary around everywhere? Do you think there is a company out there that made it worth it for the Clintons to choose them?

Just because Trump has his own tower to host fundraisers and his own plane to travel around, and pays those fees from the donations (like every other fucking politican) doesn't mean he is lining his own pockets with campaign money.

If you can't read that article and figure that out, then I am sorry. You are being brainwashed by the "unbiased media".

The setup shows how unusual Trump's campaign is -- presidential candidates generally don't own buildings or resorts in multiple states or companies that could be used as contractors.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2016, 03:07:22 PM by War Eagle!!! »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #834 on: August 03, 2016, 03:13:25 PM »
Yep.  I think we'd have a bigger stadium.  One to match our new Megatron UltraJumbo XJ 6000 scoreboard.

Trump would have long since replacd JJ.

Why, for the love of god, can't Reagan Jr be a conservative and just like his father?
« Last Edit: August 03, 2016, 03:16:25 PM by bottomfeeder »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #835 on: August 03, 2016, 03:13:49 PM »

And hella good taco bowls at halftime.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

« Reply #836 on: August 03, 2016, 03:14:51 PM »

He loves Sweets.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #837 on: August 03, 2016, 03:19:07 PM »

I would prefer a Melania halftime show on the jumbotron.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

« Reply #838 on: August 03, 2016, 03:20:53 PM »

For me this isn't really what I think about Trump, this is more about what I know and fear about her.

Actually ,I would think very highly of him as an AU grad if his kid went there and could play QB. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #839 on: August 09, 2016, 06:40:29 PM »
"Pay lots of taxes"...you misspelled pay what is due if you are among the top 1% (ie; no more tax cuts) and close the tax loopholes.
Also, who doesn't like free shit?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs