Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

At least he's not Hillary...

Ogre

Re: At least he's not Hillary...
« Reply #540 on: June 29, 2016, 08:14:15 AM »
Didn't say he would win any of those states.  Said he had a better chance than Cruz, Rubio, bush or Kasich. 

He beat Rubio in Florida.  Was Marco going to suddenly become the answer against her there?  Cruz performed abysmally in NY.  There is nothing he could do to make up that gap. 

You're sure he's going to get steamrolled.  But you (maybe not you specifically but the collective) were equally sure he'd implode in the primaries. That a true debater would eviscerate him. Didn't happen.  The excuse that "they let the debates get out of control and are going to make him follow the rules now" is certifiable.

You're right - I did think that he'd eventually implode in the primaries.  I thought more rational heads would prevail.  I thought that people would eventually be able to see him for the con artist that he is. 

I was wrong.  Which is why I am sitting on an island. 

Hillary is awful.  Abysmal.  I am in 100% agreement with you on her.  It's just that I'm not convinced that Trump is one iota better than her.  If Trump had been Secretary of State I could see him cutting similar arms deals to fatten his own pockets.  I do think he would have handled Benghazi better, but honestly - who could have done worse?  I believe they are both morally bankrupt and that neither are fit to lead our country.  So what is a person like me supposed to do? 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #541 on: June 29, 2016, 09:41:10 AM »
You're right - I did think that he'd eventually implode in the primaries.  I thought more rational heads would prevail.  I thought that people would eventually be able to see him for the con artist that he is. 

Hillary is awful.  Abysmal.  I am in 100% agreement with you on her.  It's just that I'm not convinced that Trump is one iota better than her.  If Trump had been Secretary of State I could see him cutting similar arms deals to fatten his own pockets.  I do think he would have handled Benghazi better, but honestly - who could have done worse?  I believe they are both morally bankrupt and that neither are fit to lead our country.  So what is a person like me supposed to do?

Steal some more souls?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #542 on: June 29, 2016, 10:08:15 AM »

You KNOW what she will do. 

You can only speculate as to what he might do. 

The choice is therefore easy.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #543 on: June 29, 2016, 10:28:42 AM »
You KNOW what she will do. 

You can only speculate as to what he might do. 

The choice is therefore easy.

To the point of the debate, I halfway agree. I do think trump being able to dictate the tempo of them was key. But I also don't think they will now revert to making him follow the rules. I think he will be able to have his way with Hillary just like he did in the primary debates. After having sparred with Cruz and Rubio, she should be a piece of cake as she has ZERO conviction or valid arguments against him. They at least had that going.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #544 on: June 29, 2016, 05:43:04 PM »
http://www.cnn.com/2016/06/29/politics/battleground-polls-donald-trump-hillary-clinton/index.html

Washington (CNN)Hillary Clinton leads Donald Trump across the board in a new poll of battleground states.

According to Ballotpedia's battleground poll, Clinton leads Trump:
51% to 37% in Florida
45% to 41% in Iowa
50% to 33% in Michigan
48% to 38% in North Carolina
46% to 37% in Ohio
49% to 35% in Pennsylvania
45% to 38% in Virginia

Her leads held at nearly the same margins when Libertarian Party nominee Gary Johnson was included in the poll. And Clinton led Trump 48% to 37% when all states were factored together. With Johnson included, Clinton led Trump 44% to 34%, with Johnson at 13%.

Amid long-shot efforts by a handful of delegates to name someone other than Trump as the GOP nominee, Ballotpedia also polled Clinton against Ohio Gov. John Kasich and House Speaker Paul Ryan. Kasich had a slight lead on Clinton and Ryan polled neck-and-neck.

Separate polling in three battleground states, conducted by Quinnipiac University, found a much tighter race: Clinton up 8 points in Florida, but only 1 point in Pennsylvania and a tie in Ohio.

Each of the seven states surveyed is seen as a swing state where either party is normally seen as relatively competitive in presidential elections, though Michigan has gone Democratic in most recent presidential elections.

Ballotpedia surveyed roughly 600 voters in each of the states between June 10-22 for the poll and each survey has a margin of error of plus or minus 4 percentage points.

A Quinnipiac University national poll released Wednesday shows Hillary Clinton leading Trump by just two points, 42% to 40%, a much closer race than other recent surveys have shown. With third-party candidates included, Clinton leads 39% to 37%, with Libertarian Party nominee Gary Johnson at 8% and Green Party candidate Jill Stein at 4%.

This Quinnipiac poll is quite different from other recent surveys on the presidential race, showing a much tighter contest than others. Its field period overlaps with those of the Washington Post/ABC News and NBC News /Wall Street Journal polls released Sunday, both of which found Clinton significantly ahead of Trump.
Hillary is whipping the shit out of Trump in battleground states.

Johnson polling at 13%. Very close to the needed 15% to get on a debate stage.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

« Reply #545 on: June 29, 2016, 06:02:18 PM »
I thought we determined preseason polls were worthless?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #546 on: June 29, 2016, 06:08:19 PM »
Latest libruhl biased Fox News Poll:
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/06/29/fox-news-poll-clinton-up-by-6-points-89-percent-say-hot-headed-describes-trump.html

Down 7% from last month.

Also interesting:
Party unity is a trouble spot for Trump.  Just 74 percent of Republicans back him over Clinton, down from 82 percent in May.  For comparison, Mitt Romney lost despite garnering 93 percent support among Republicans in 2012.  In addition, just over half of Republicans would prefer a different nominee (51 percent someone else vs. 48 percent Trump).

« Last Edit: June 29, 2016, 06:09:57 PM by AUChizad »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #547 on: June 29, 2016, 07:36:42 PM »
http://www.cnn.com/2016/06/29/politics/battleground-polls-donald-trump-hillary-clinton/index.html
Hillary is whipping the shit out of Trump in battleground states.

Johnson polling at 13%. Very close to the needed 15% to get on a debate stage.

Where is that jerk off image when I need it???

Is it November yet? Johnson 13%??   HAHAHAHAA.

If he Sleepy Weedson gets more than 7 in the general I will be surprised.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #548 on: June 29, 2016, 07:53:04 PM »
Those ballotpedia numbers for the swing states are troubling for trump. They are reputable and unbiased, and tend to do their homework pretty well. Again it's only June but that's a big hole to be in for all 7 swing states. Very big hole.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #549 on: June 30, 2016, 10:42:42 AM »
Trump says he forgave his loans to his campaign. His FEC says he didn’t. Yet another lie.

http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2016-election/after-saying-he-forgave-loans-campaign-trump-won-t-release-n601596

After Saying He Forgave Loans to Campaign, Trump Won't Release Proof
by ARI MELBER and ALEXANDRA JAFFE

When Donald Trump said last Thursday he was forgiving over $45 million in personal loans he made to his campaign, the announcement drew plenty of coverage. Many even reported Trump's statement as if the deal was done.

But it's not.

A week later, NBC News has learned the FEC has posted no record of Trump converting his loans to donations. The Trump Campaign has also declined requests to share the legal paperwork required to execute the transaction, though they suggest it has been submitted.

Last week, campaign spokesperson Hope Hicks said Trump was submitting formal paperwork forgiving the loan on Thursday, according to the Wall Street Journal.

Reached by NBC this week, she said the paperwork "will be filed with the next regularly scheduled FEC report," and declined to provide any documentation.

The delay could matter, because until Trump formally forgives the loans, he maintains the legal option to use new donations to reimburse himself. (He can do so until August, under federal law.)

Related: Trump Campaign Could Use New Donations to Pay Donald Trump $36M for Loan

In his most recent FEC filing, which posted June 20, Trump treated all his spending on the campaign as loans.

An FEC staff member tells NBC News there is no new filing changing Trump's loans. The FEC's candidate tracking page, which posts filings, does not show new paperwork from Trump changing his loans.

Even the remote possibility that Trump could tap new donations to pay himself fed skepticism among GOP donors, who wanted assurances that money intended for the election would not end up in Trump's own pockets.

The Trump Campaign has struggled to pivot to fundraising after the primaries, posting only $1.2 million cash on hand. Trump's loan announcement also comes as political fundraising experts have questioned whether he has taken to exaggerating his online fundraising, with claims that his first foray into email fundraising broke every record ever.

There is nothing new about a candidate loaning money to his own campaign, and Trump has long argued that his personal wealth makes more independent than most politicians, even if he raises money in the general election.

Ultimately, if Trump declines to release any proof for claiming he forgave the loans, the rubber will hit the road on July 20, the next FEC filing deadline.

Related: Trump Clashes with Big Business

"It would be disclosed on the campaign's next FEC report," says Michael Toner, former FEC Chairman.

That disclosure is pretty simple. The FEC requires the candidate file a signed a statement, and note the change in the accounting in the monthly report.

For Trump, that would mean re-categorizing the $45.7 million in loans from his most recent report, plus any more of his spending, as candidate donations. Mitt Romney made a similar revision when forgiving some of his loans in 2011.

It's perfectly legal for Trump to make the change in his next monthly filing, instead of using the stand-alone statement his campaign asserted he was filing last week.

Given Trump's repeated insistence that this is a done deal, it is not clear why his campaign won't release the paperwork yet.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #550 on: June 30, 2016, 10:45:09 AM »
Richard Nixon says hi.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/aramroston/sources-donald-trump-listened-in-on-phone-lines-at-mar-a-lag?utm_term=.whbgmExyP
Sources: Donald Trump Listened In On Phone Lines At Mar-A-Lago

Trump had a phone console near his bed that could connect to every phone in the estate.

Several workers said Trump used the equipment to secretly listen in on phone calls in the mid-2000s.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #551 on: June 30, 2016, 11:03:51 AM »
Richard Nixon says hi.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/aramroston/sources-donald-trump-listened-in-on-phone-lines-at-mar-a-lag?utm_term=.whbgmExyP

The more I look at all 3 candidates, the more I don't like any of them. Peterson, Sanders and Cruz/Rubio would have at least been 3 very honest yet contrasting candidates. And collectively more human decency than the 3 we have. I'm just perturbed at the entire shit fest in general.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #552 on: June 30, 2016, 11:05:39 AM »
Richard Nixon says hi.

As someone who has to squash pretty outrageous rumors about what tha man has implemented in my very own shop, I have large questions about it's validity.   No proof.  Nobody actually putting their name to it. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Ogre

« Reply #553 on: June 30, 2016, 11:15:32 AM »
As someone who has to squash pretty outrageous rumors about what tha man has implemented in my very own shop, I have large questions about it's validity.   No proof.  Nobody actually putting their name to it.

So they still haven't found your hidden webcams in the bathroom?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #554 on: June 30, 2016, 11:26:15 AM »
So they still haven't found your hidden webcams in the bathroom?

I have no doubt the guys at work are gonna' be pissed when they find out about that.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

AUTailgatingRules

• Home of the Tailgate
  • By the Pink Dumpster since 2004
« Reply #555 on: June 30, 2016, 11:58:12 AM »
The fat lady has not sung yet. 

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/elections/election_2016/white_house_watch

White House Watch
White House Watch: Trump 43%, Clinton 39%
in PoliticsFacebookTwitterEmail thisShareThis
RELATED ARTICLES
Daily Presidential Tracking Poll
Most Here Aren’t Worried About ‘Brexit’
Is Trump Already A Third-Party Candidate?
Voters Question Government’s Focus on Domestic Islamic Terrorism
Support for More Gun Control Jumps to New High
Voters Favor More Deportation, Not Less

Thursday, June 30, 2016

The tables have turned in this week’s White House Watch. After trailing Hillary Clinton by five points for the prior two weeks, Donald Trump has now taken a four-point lead.

The latest Rasmussen Reports national telephone and online survey of Likely U.S. Voters finds Trump with 43% of the vote, while Clinton earns 39%. Twelve percent (12%) still like another candidate, and five percent (5%) are undecided. (To see survey question wording, click here.)

Last week at this time, it was Clinton 44%, Trump 39%. This is Trump’s highest level of support in Rasmussen Reports’ matchups with Clinton since last October. His support has been hovering around the 40% mark since April, but it remains to be seen whether he’s just having a good week or this actually represents a real move forward among voters.

Trump now earns 75% support among his fellow Republicans and picks up 14% of the Democratic vote. Seventy-six percent (76%) of Democrats like Clinton, as do 10% of GOP voters. Both candidates face a sizable number of potential defections because of unhappiness with them in their own parties.

(More below)

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #556 on: June 30, 2016, 11:59:06 AM »
The more I look at all 3 candidates, the more I don't like any of them. Peterson, Sanders and Cruz/Rubio would have at least been 3 very honest yet contrasting candidates. And collectively more human decency than the 3 we have. I'm just perturbed at the entire shit fest in general.

And we have 4 months of them being splashed across everything. We as a country are about to truly take it in the backside. Worse than we have been.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #557 on: June 30, 2016, 12:19:04 PM »
Richard Nixon says hi.

Jesus Montoya.....

It's BUZZFEED. 

Please!! Tell me which Dunder Mifflin employee you should date based on your zodiac sign?  I bet you get Stanley. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #559 on: June 30, 2016, 12:22:36 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions