Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

At least he's not Hillary...

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
Re: At least he's not Hillary...
« Reply #260 on: June 08, 2016, 11:38:24 AM »
So Trump didn't say the things in the video?
Democrats aren't out-registering Republicans?
Trump didn't endorse Ellmers?
Ellmers didn't lose her primary as an encumbant?

You can disagree with anything extrapolated from those facts, but you can't deny they are facts.

You're beclowning yourself.

Here is what I mean...

Fact: Trump Endorsed Ellmers.

Fact: Ellmers lost as an sitting legislator.

Inference Drawn/Opinion USING the above facts as a basis: The endorsement caused Ellmers to lose.

The inference drawn by using a fact. But saying she lost because of trump is not a fact. And they wrote the article is such a manner to lead readers to believe that. That is not bullshit. It happens all the time. Michael Moore has made a career of it. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #261 on: June 08, 2016, 12:25:49 PM »
Here is what I mean...

Inference Drawn/Opinion USING the above facts as a basis: The endorsement caused Ellmers to lose.

The inference drawn by using a fact. But saying she lost because of trump is not a fact. And they wrote the article is such a manner to lead readers to believe that. That is not bullshit. It happens all the time. Michael Moore has made a career of it.

See also, La Raza.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #262 on: June 08, 2016, 01:55:23 PM »

You can disagree with anything extrapolated from those facts, but you can't deny they are facts.

You're beclowning yourself.

1.  No one said he didn't.  Those quotes do not equate to "oh god he can't be president!"   That is your opinion of his comments.  Others might hear them and be inclined to.vote for him.  Again you are arrogantly inserting your own interpretation as the only interpretation that has value.

2. The republican race is over.  Prior to it being locked down, the opposite was true.  Aka: who gives a fuck? No cause and effect. 

3.  He did.  Sunday. The race was over.  It was an act of kindness. Nothing more.

4. The race was over months ago.  Not because of Trump.

Your dumbassity is in full effect today. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #263 on: June 08, 2016, 02:23:40 PM »
1.  No one said he didn't.  Those quotes do not equate to "oh god he can't be president!"   That is your opinion of his comments.  Others might hear them and be inclined to.vote for him.  Again you are arrogantly inserting your own interpretation as the only interpretation that has value.

2. The republican race is over.  Prior to it being locked down, the opposite was true.  Aka: who gives a fuck? No cause and effect. 

3.  He did.  Sunday. The race was over.  It was an act of kindness. Nothing more.

You presented no facts. But I wholeheartedly agree!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #264 on: June 08, 2016, 02:37:16 PM »
Here is what I mean...

I just said:

That said, you are implying that they are actively leading the reader to a conclusion that I don't think they are. You seem to be suggesting it's irresponsible for the media to report on the FACT that Trump's endorsement didn't save her. There may be other facts that you're privy to that lead you to another conclusion, but the plenty of reports in the media was predicting she would receive a "Trump Bump" prior to the election and that didn't happen. Reporting the fact that it didn't happen is hardly biased or misleading and certainly isn't nonfactual. Additionally, the interpretation that it is a referendum on Trump (although that's not one they are explicitly making here), is and was widely inferred from this decision BEFORE it was finalized. The links I just posted, among others, point out that her opponent was decidedly anti-Trump and before the fact it was billed as a referendum on Trump's popularity. Now that he lost, apparently that interpretation is asinine. O...K...
« Last Edit: June 08, 2016, 02:41:32 PM by AUChizad »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #265 on: June 08, 2016, 02:39:16 PM »
See also, La Raza.
Not even a good comparison. The La Raza thing was intentionally tying the judge to a group he was not a part of, counter to fact. It was factually inaccurate.

Even what GH alleges, which as I just mentioned, I disagree with, not one FACT is false.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #266 on: June 08, 2016, 02:39:25 PM »

Everything I listed was a FACT.
Everything you listed was an OPINION.

I didn't think they let people past the 3rd grade with your level of understanding of these concepts.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #267 on: June 08, 2016, 02:40:30 PM »
You presented no facts. But I wholeheartedly agree!
I suspect that is sarcasm, which is extra hilarious.

I never knew so many adults struggled with such simple elementary school concepts.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #268 on: June 08, 2016, 02:44:17 PM »
We've spent all day on a meta-argument about the very simple fundamental misunderstanding of facts vs. opinions vs. inferences vs. lies.

Now defend Trump not knowing what the TPP is enough to not call it the PPP, and then literally call it "pee pee" from behind a podium.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #269 on: June 08, 2016, 02:46:13 PM »
Fucking 30A.

teh fixt. For snags.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #270 on: June 08, 2016, 02:55:03 PM »
We've spent all day on a meta-argument about the very simple fundamental misunderstanding of facts vs. opinions vs. inferences vs. lies.

Now defend Trump not knowing what the TPP is enough to not call it the PPP, and then literally call it "pee pee" from behind a podium.

Why? 

I don't care that he acted goofy.  It didn't bother me.  There's nothing to defend. 

At least he's not Hellary.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #271 on: June 08, 2016, 02:56:36 PM »
See also, La Raza.

No that's fair enough. But trump didn't write an article. He's not the media. Yeah, I know same concept.  He may done the same thing from his bully pulpit. I don't know. Depends on if you think he's an idiot who truly didn't know the difference. Or if he did know the difference and wanted people to think otherwise. If the latter, then sure, I'll concede it is very very similar and dishonest. La Raza is so generic that I am not sure anyone really thought about it that much. They just heard the term and automatically thought "that's that radical Hispanic club!"

I'll admit when I first heard he was "in la Raza" that was the first thing I thought too. Until I looked into it a little bit further and read a red state article that cleared it up.

Regardless I think the media has a higher standard than anyone else to report the truth even more than these candidates. Millions of people rely on the media for truth and news. And many take things for what they are worth without looking into them further.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

GH2001

« Reply #272 on: June 08, 2016, 03:00:18 PM »
Not even a good comparison. The La Raza thing was intentionally tying the judge to a group he was not a part of, counter to fact. It was factually inaccurate.

Even what GH alleges, which as I just mentioned, I disagree with, not one FACT is false.

Just to be fair I would be taking this same stance if the parties, views, candidates were all different. Just trying to call it like I'm seeing it from the outside.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #273 on: June 08, 2016, 03:02:55 PM »
Everything I listed was a FACT.
Everything you listed was an OPINION.

I didn't think they let people past the 3rd grade with your level of understanding of these concepts.

Oh, so the Republican race isn't over.  I said he didn't say the quotes he said in the video.
Trump didn't endorse whoozit on Sunday. People weren't saying she'd blown her shot as far back as February? 

Oh it is? I didn't? He did? They were?  Well fuck me sideways. So.... All those things are facts. 
And then I extrapolated.

Please tell your first grade teacher you'd like a refund for your crayons and word books.  You never even used them. 

Another fact.  Your dumbassity is rampant today.  You need some pills for that.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #274 on: June 08, 2016, 03:07:17 PM »
While Trump messes up tpp or la Raza or picks the next petty fight with someone, on the other side there is this:

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

GH2001

« Reply #275 on: June 08, 2016, 03:08:20 PM »
Oh, so the Republican race isn't over.  I said he didn't say the quotes he said in the video.
Trump didn't endorse whoozit on Sunday. People weren't saying she'd blown her shot as far back as February? 

Oh it is? I didn't? He did? They were?  Well fuck me sideways. So.... All those things are facts. 
And then I extrapolated.

Please tell your first grade teacher you'd like a refund for your crayons and word books.  You never even used them. 

Another fact.  Your dumbassity is rampant today.  You need some pills for that.

You said "extrapolated". That buzzword is soooooo 2010. The new buzz phrase is "start a dialogue".
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #276 on: June 08, 2016, 03:20:03 PM »
You said "extrapolated". That buzzword is soooooo 2010. The new buzz phrase is "start a dialogue".

I'm trying wrap my mind around that.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

GH2001

« Reply #277 on: June 08, 2016, 03:23:34 PM »
I'm trying wrap my mind around that.

Let's have that conversation man. Let's start a dialogue.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #278 on: June 08, 2016, 03:24:36 PM »
Let's have that conversation man. Let's start a dialogue.

I ain't tryin' to hear dat.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

GH2001

« Reply #279 on: June 08, 2016, 03:27:06 PM »
I ain't tryin' to hear dat.

My 6 year old hellion starts conversations by simply asking for money from lawyers that care. Cherry and Irwin want none of that deal.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE