Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

At least he's not Hillary...

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Re: At least he's not Hillary...
« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2016, 09:36:04 AM »
Did you type this with a straight face?  White, xtian males are "underrepresented" and their "security" is in danger?

Besides being patently laughable, this is the exact genesis of white power/racist movements: we gotta protect this white, xtian paradise from them invading brown folk.  Keeping women down is just a bonus result.

You live in a world that does not exist. 

Congratulations on making it to Fantasy Island.  Tell Tattoo hello from those of us who live, work and survive in the real world.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2016, 09:40:01 AM »
Spell it out for me.  Cuz it sounded like you were arguing that fear of the white (xtian) man losing his place atop society was driving the Trump campaign.

Well two things:

You responded by summarizing my comment with this:

Did you type this with a straight face?  White, xtian males are "underrepresented" and their "security" is in danger?

Never did I make the claim that white males were underrepresented or in danger of losing their security. My claim was that they feel this is the case and have been led by the media (or their churches or radio show hosts or whatever) to believe that their way of life is in danger.

Second, I don't believe that white males are getting behind Trump because they desire a white paradise that marginalizes brown people and women. I think they see candidates from the Left having great success by appealing to bringing minorities to the center and calling for a radical change to America both socially and economically. They've then been told that the Left wants to exclude them from this radically changed America, so they are looking for the candidate that will include them.

I also think it's wrong to say that Trump's message is racist and sexist. I can go with xenophobic, but even then, I see him calling for legal immigration and not anti-immigration. Not making comments like "When you're white, you don't know what it's like to be poor." Not relying on his gender to insist that it's his turn to be president. Maybe I've missed some key talking points from him that expose more of a racist and sexist platform, but I haven't really paid attention to him in a few months.

I completely agree that he is unqualified to be president. I also agree that his rhetoric is appealing to white nationalists who hold very racist, xenophobic, and sexist views. However, I disagree that his campaign is successful because the GOP is latently (or patently) racist, xenophobic, and sexist. To make that claim only plays into the hands of Trump's supporters who feel like they are being alienated in today's political climate.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #22 on: May 17, 2016, 09:45:53 AM »

Besides being patently laughable, this is the exact genesis of white power/racist movements: we gotta protect this white, xtian paradise from them invading brown folk.  Keeping women down is just a bonus result.

I didn't see where he was saying that at all.

Many whites feel like they are falling by the way side. As far as having a say, any kind of influence and frankly many of them (mainly middle class) feel like they are getting the shaft from the policies that have been put in place to "right past wrongs" by "their people". And they get it hung over their heads for eternity like some permanent brand. And they are sick of it. It's not really a racial thing in the context that you relied back with. They simply want to be heard and they feel they've gotten lost in the shuffle and are falling into irrelevance amid policies aimed against them.

White middle class males/families in the U.S. are the only demographic that doesn't either: get a handout, legislative advantage or enormous tax break.

The poor, rich, minorities and women all get afforded those in some form.

And trump is doing nothing new with this tactic and demographic. The left has been doing this with women, minorities and other "disenfranchised groups" for the last 60 years. Check out one of LBJs most famous off the record quotes for proof.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2016, 09:50:37 AM by GH2001 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Ogre

« Reply #23 on: May 17, 2016, 09:46:10 AM »

What do you have against Chris?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #24 on: May 17, 2016, 09:47:21 AM »

You didn't hear what he said. You heard what your white guilt told you to hear.

The majority is feeling disenfranchised. It usually happens like this when the majority starts to feel that way. But of course those like you can only come back with, "RACISTS"!
I feel this way and I was even raised by a black family.

Then, I joined the circus as a weight guesser, had a fling with a motorcycle daredevil girl who jumped through a fiery wall of death but I eventually married Bernadette Peters.

Made a fortune when I invented a non-slip device for eyeglasses that served as a handle but I lost it all because of filthy ambulance chasing scum lawyers. Even lost my dog, Shithead. Because a few people went cross-eyed.

But that was a long time ago. 1978. I'm over it now. I don't need anything. Except this ash tray. And that's all. And this paddle game. But that's it. And this remote control.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

GH2001

« Reply #25 on: May 17, 2016, 09:52:29 AM »
Well two things:

Never did I make the claim that white males were underrepresented or in danger of losing their security. My claim was that they feel this is the case and have been led by the media (or their churches or radio show hosts or whatever) to believe that their way of life is in danger.

Second, I don't believe that white males are getting behind Trump because they desire a white paradise that marginalizes brown people and women. I think they see candidates from the Left having great success by appealing to bringing minorities to the center and calling for a radical change to America both socially and economically. They've then been told that the Left wants to exclude them from this radically changed America, so they are looking for the candidate that will include them.

I also think it's wrong to say that Trump's message is racist and sexist. I can go with xenophobic, but even then, I see him calling for legal immigration and not anti-immigration. Not making comments like "When you're white, you don't know what it's like to be poor." Not relying on his gender to insist that it's his turn to be president. Maybe I've missed some key talking points from him that expose more of a racist and sexist platform, but I haven't really paid attention to him in a few months.

I completely agree that he is unqualified to be president. I also agree that his rhetoric is appealing to white nationalists who hold very racist, xenophobic, and sexist views. However, I disagree that his campaign is successful because the GOP is latently (or patently) racist, xenophobic, and sexist. To make that claim only plays into the hands of Trump's supporters who feel like they are being alienated in today's political climate.

Also to add to this:

Hes got more votes in this primary than any GOP candidate in history has gotten in a primary. And that's with 6 states left. And a starting field of 17 candidates. Call him what you want, love or hate him but that's pretty amazing. And to get those numbers, there are a lot more than just old white racist xenophobic males voting for him.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #26 on: May 17, 2016, 09:58:38 AM »
Well two things:

Fair point.  That they feel that way is fucking laughable, though.

That's them getting led around by the nose and their own knee-jerk reaction to "headline news."  Absent some extreme fringes, no one is calling for a white-excluded society.

The sexism has been on display his entire adult life in the limelight, but he's really amped it up lately.  Fiorina, Kelly (though she's getting in line, apparently) and Hillary have all taken shots within the last 9 months.

The most recent racist example is his taco bowl bullshit on Cinco de Mayo.

I'm not saying the entirety of the GOP is racist/xenophobic and/or sexist...but there is a large segment that is and Trump's campaign courts them hard.  Hey, a vote is a vote!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #27 on: May 17, 2016, 10:06:36 AM »
I feel this way and I was even raised by a black family.

Then, I joined the circus as a weight guesser, had a fling with a motorcycle daredevil girl who jumped through a fiery wall of death but I eventually married Bernadette Peters.

Made a fortune when I invented a non-slip device for eyeglasses that served as a handle but I lost it all because of filthy ambulance chasing scum lawyers. Even lost my dog, Shithead. Because a few people went cross-eyed.

But that was a long time ago. 1978. I'm over it now. I don't need anything. Except this ash tray. And that's all. And this paddle game. But that's it. And this remote control.

JERK!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #28 on: May 17, 2016, 10:07:44 AM »
Also to add to this:

Hes got more votes in this primary than any GOP candidate in history has gotten in a primary. And that's with 6 states left. And a starting field of 17 candidates. Call him what you want, love or hate him but that's pretty amazing. And to get those numbers, there are a lot more than just old white racist xenophobic males voting for him.
Yep. And he's basically a shock jock candidate. The Howard Stern of the race. It works.

He's different things to different people. As far as I'm concerned, he's simply my only option. I do like controlling the borders and renegotiating the trade deals. Also, love to hear him talk about ending Obamacare but I know it's unlikely. As is his presidency.

So, I really don't understand why all of the pantywaists on here get them in a wad. They don't have to worry about a man president. They can continue being gay. Their gayness shall not be infringed upon.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #29 on: May 17, 2016, 10:55:16 AM »
So I'd have to vote for that fucking whore shrew bitch in order to have "integrity" as you see it?

Well fuck that.   

It's not like I can choose Trump, Hillary or Reagan.  There are two choices.  Trump or her.  Meaning there is no choice.  I'd vote for Hitler with Stalin as VP over her.  I'd vote for Scott Baio over her.  I'd vote for Jesse Jackson, Slimer from Ghostbusters, Darth Vader, Ryan Seacrest, a dog biscuit, a box of hammers, trayvon Martin, Beatrix Kiddo, Forrest Gump, Joe schad, or a bag of dicks over her. 

Don't see how that has anything to do with integrity or credibility. 

What other choice do I have?  She cannot be president.

So an interview happened before 1990 where a dude with money bragged about being a stud? Now he's a different person and this is all they left has on him. Pffft.

In 1990, I'd bone your sister and your mother and tell your neighbor just so she would not want to get left out. I was young. Full of piss and vinegar. The world was my playground.

If you have never had the opportunity to be that guy, don't hate.

While I, and maybe Trump, was out entertaining your mom and your sister, we never let any other Americans die due to "what difference does it make"!

<The story above may or may not be true - Rob miller.>
But everything Hillary may have done during her husband's administration in the 90s is very extremely relevant amirite?

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #30 on: May 17, 2016, 10:55:20 AM »
I'm no Trump supporter and definitely see the issue with Trump's strong rhetoric, but I have to disagree that his campaign is relying on racism, xenophobia, and sexism to be successful. I think there is a large majority of people (yes, it's conservative, Christian white people - mostly males) who feel underrepresented and have been led to believe that their security in this country is in danger.

I don't think they just hate blacks or Muslims or immigrants or fear Hillary because she's a woman. Perhaps it's the fault of the media and radio talkshow hosts, but there's a genuine belief among a large swath of the voting public that the white Christian conservative is the bad guy and will be marginalized in the future. They hoped for a competent candidate to emerge, but their choices are Hillary, Bernie, the 15 GOP stooges, or Trump. Trump just so happens to be their favorite choice of brass knuckles in what they perceive to be a a very difficult fight to win in today's culture.
#WellActually
http://www.christianitytoday.com/ct/2016/march-web-only/actually-most-evangelicals-dont-vote-trump.html

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/05/10/opinion/campaign-stops/is-this-the-end-of-the-religious-right.html?_r=0

Trump doesn't know shit about shit about the Bible, like most subjects. When asked what his favorite verse is, all he could come up with was "Eye for an eye", which of course he misrepresented. The only time he brings Christianity up is when he is directly asked about it and has to bluster through some typically uninformed idiotic answer. More than any Republican ever, his campaign has nothing to do with Christianity. If that is your stump issue, Cruz was your guy.

And as I've said before, do a Twitter search for any racist/homophobic/misogonystic/antisemetic term and I guarantee you 95% of the results are from accounts with Trump avatars. Or search "cuck" and see whatever it is they're responding to. He frequently retweets Nazi accounts and Brietbart publishes stories about "Renegade Jews" out to thwart his campaign. The campaign workers featured in a PBS documentary about the election HAVE NEO NAZI TATTOOS. And how many dozens of clearly racist incidents have occurred at his rallies from getting spit on to bloodied up while the whole crowd cheer and shout the N-word? This shit is not made up. The left have used terms like "dog whistles" to apply to the right in the past, and I've taken your stance. Trump is different. With Trump, it's actually very clearly true that he is intentionally catering to these dregs of society, and even if you don't think THAT'S true, it's pretty undeniable that they unanimously vocally support him.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #31 on: May 17, 2016, 10:58:10 AM »
Misleading. As most evangelicals see the evil in hitlary and WILL vote Trump.

It's coming. Cry if you want. You live where your whining will not be heard any longer.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #32 on: May 17, 2016, 10:58:45 AM »
Second, I don't believe that white males are getting behind Trump because they desire a white paradise that marginalizes brown people and women.
Fortunately CCTAU and Kaos contribute to this thread to prove that theory wrong.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #33 on: May 17, 2016, 11:01:58 AM »
Fortunately CCTAU and Kaos contribute to this thread to prove that theory wrong.

However you wish to view me is your choice. But we are America. You are a small subset. As the left continues to indoctrinate your kind, you will grow. But for now, you are whining in the wrong place.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #34 on: May 17, 2016, 11:07:59 AM »
I'm not saying the entirety of the GOP is racist/xenophobic and/or sexist...but there is a large segment that is and Trump's campaign courts them hard.  Hey, a vote is a vote!
I think in the long run, this may be a good thing for the GOP. The racist element of the GOP that so many critics have (in my opinion unjustifiably) saddled the Republican Party as a significant element have all siphoned off to the "alt right" with Trump and Breitbart to form what is becoming a new American Fascist Party. Whether they decide to officially call it that or not is irrelevant. Trump has seperated the wheat from the chaff, that's for sure. Much easier to categorize who is conservative in principle i.e. a proponent of small government with a few exceptions here and there for issues of moral values, vs. blustering hateful authoritarian idiots. The lines are becoming clearer the further on this campaign runs.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #35 on: May 17, 2016, 11:13:45 AM »
I think in the long run, this may be a good thing for the GOP. The racist element of the GOP that so many critics have (in my opinion unjustifiably) saddled the Republican Party as a significant element have all siphoned off to the "alt right" with Trump and Breitbart to form what is becoming a new American Fascist Party. Whether they decide to officially call it that or not is irrelevant. Trump has seperated the wheat from the chaff, that's for sure. Much easier to categorize who is conservative in principle i.e. a proponent of small government with a few exceptions here and there for issues of moral values, vs. blustering hateful authoritarian idiots. The lines are becoming clearer the further on this campaign runs.

That might be the dumbest thing you have said yet. Many on the right did not vote for Trump, but have now moved behind him since he is the nominee. Many of those are much smarter and more successful than you will ever be. But you think of yourself as one of the elite who gets it, while those dumbass rednecks do not. Look around you. Most everyone you see will be voting Trump. They just don't run out and toot the horn for him. And as you toot your little horn against him, you may as well be tooting for hitlary. But at least you cannot smell that from your perch.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #36 on: May 17, 2016, 11:25:13 AM »
You live in a world that does not exist. 

Congratulations on making it to Fantasy Island.  Tell Tattoo hello from those of us who live, work and survive in the real world.

Except I don't.  I'm no cloistered academic.  I'm a professional with 15 years in the "adult" workforce, much of that in very diverse cities and environs.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

GH2001

« Reply #37 on: May 17, 2016, 11:40:21 AM »
Except I don't.  I'm no cloistered academic.  I'm a professional with 15 years in the "adult" workforce, much of that in very diverse cities and environs.

I'll say it again

Its never ceased to amaze me that you are a liberal, and that token is a bammer.

You both make too much sense most of the time to be in either camp.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #38 on: May 17, 2016, 11:44:06 AM »
Gary Johnson has no chance to beat Hillary or impact the election in any meaningful way. If he did I would consider it. 

It's a fruitbat vote.  It's a waste.  It's essentially a vote for her. 

No thanks.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Ogre

« Reply #39 on: May 17, 2016, 11:44:24 AM »
However you wish to view me is your choice. But we are America. You are a small subset. As the left continues to indoctrinate your kind, you will grow. But for now, you are whining in the wrong place.

Please flesh out this statement.  How exactly is the left indoctrinating a libertarian movement?  Chad is a libertarian, which is basically the opposite of a big-government liberal leftist.  I can't speak for him, but for me it is entirely possible to be both anti-Trump and anti-Hillary.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions