Gus says the best is yet to come

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
Gus says the best is yet to come
« on: May 01, 2016, 07:43:42 PM »
Auburn’s Gus Malzahn: Next 3 to 4 years will be ‘best years we’ve had’

Is the best yet to come for Auburn?

Gus Malzahn believes so. The fourth-year Auburn coach started his career with a bang, capping the greatest turnaround in SEC history with a national runner-up finish in the BCS Championship Game in January 2014.

Auburn, however, has lost nine of the last 11 SEC games and is looking for a consistent player at quarterback after a 7-6 finish last season.

“It’d be a great time to come to Auburn,” Malzahn said recently, according to Auburn’s website. “I really believe these next three or four years are fixing to be (sic) of our best years we’ve had. The way everything is set up with our staff and with our players, it’s going to be really exciting. Our players are doing wonderful in the classroom, off the field, and had a great spring.”

As for the quarterback battle among Jeremy Johnson, Sean White and newcomer John Franklin III?

“I think we’re in a good spot, quarterback-wise,” Malzahn said. “All three of the guys really improved. John Franklin’s learning the offense, but he’s got a lot of talent. Jeremy and Sean both improved. I think we’re in a good spot with that position.”

https://www.seccountry.com/auburn/auburns-gus-malzahn-next-3-to-4-years-will-be-best-years-weve-had
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
Re: Gus says the best is yet to come
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2016, 08:00:17 PM »
"I think we’re in a good spot with that position.”

Srsly?  :facepalm:

Not claiming to be a talent scout. I've seen a lot of these qb's come and go and have been wrong probably as many times as I've been right. I really felt Cam was going to be good. Also missed on Trotter and a few earlier that didn't meet expectations.

But, if I'm wrong on this, slap me on the ass and call me Shirley. We are not in a good spot at QB. Adequate? Maybe, with White. I saw zero improvement with Johnson on A Day. Zilch. Nonesuch.

I assume Gus is motivating players and fans. And, I guess that's fine. Or, maybe he really believes it. If he's right, and I certainly hope he is, I will be soooo surprised.

White seems like he'd be a great QB prospect for a team that doesn't need a running qb.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2016, 12:29:06 AM »
I saw zero improvement with Johnson on A Day. Zilch. Nonesuch.

Awe come-on man! Just like with Cam's ADay, they held JJ back and would not let him run!

Heisman 2016!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2016, 09:09:53 AM »
"I think we’re in a good spot with that position.”

Srsly?  :facepalm:

Not claiming to be a talent scout. I've seen a lot of these qb's come and go and have been wrong probably as many times as I've been right. I really felt Cam was going to be good. Also missed on Trotter and a few earlier that didn't meet expectations.

But, if I'm wrong on this, slap me on the ass and call me Shirley. We are not in a good spot at QB. Adequate? Maybe, with White. I saw zero improvement with Johnson on A Day. Zilch. Nonesuch.

I assume Gus is motivating players and fans. And, I guess that's fine. Or, maybe he really believes it. If he's right, and I certainly hope he is, I will be soooo surprised.

White seems like he'd be a great QB prospect for a team that doesn't need a running qb.
I don't think it's motivation. He's just trying to get more job security before the season even starts.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"X's and O's they haunt Gus" - Elle King

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2016, 11:30:30 AM »
I think he is just a Sinatra fan.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2016, 12:35:58 PM »
I think he is just a Sinatra fan.

Well, he is spreading "something".   :shitfan:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2016, 11:59:19 PM »
Our players are doing wonderful in the classroom, off the field, and had a great spring.

Oops
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2016, 07:05:14 PM »
Oops
Corrected

"....Our players are doing wonderful in the classroom, off the field, and had a great spring drugs.”
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2016, 07:17:26 PM »
Corrected
Did someone flunk out? What did I miss?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2016, 08:53:10 PM »
Take it for what it's worth, but my sources are telling me that 4 defenders were arrested.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2016, 09:11:56 PM »
Nothing. I'm in a striking mood. Everything is stricken.

I gotcha covered -GF
« Last Edit: May 06, 2016, 11:01:49 AM by Godfather »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."