Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Fresh Out of Ideas

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Fresh Out of Ideas
« on: May 17, 2016, 12:16:06 AM »
So far today I've seen that The Exorcist is going to be remade.  So is Lethal Weapon.  Recently saw they're making Ben Hur over again.  Why? And Denzel is doing Magnificent Seven.

That sucks. 

We've already seen so many shitty, lame, fucked up remakes of everything from Miami Vice (bungled mess) to Starsky/Hutch (fuck Ben Stiller and that crooked nose asshat) to Nightmare on Elm/Halloween/Friday 13th to Footloose.  I'm sick of it.   

Tonight I saw the trailer for the new Rocky Horror.  What the fucking fuckity fuck? The original was a cult classic, a sickeningly great Halloween treat.  I watch it once every year in large part because I find Tim Curry's over the top performance to be absolutely fantastic. 

But THIS tepid shit?

Makes me want to give up.  There's no excuse for this. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
Re: Fresh Out of Ideas
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2016, 09:01:32 AM »
Ghostbusters being remade almost made me lose my shit. In fact I'm gonna quit acknowledging that it is even coming out. It's simply a new movie to me. No relation to the masterpiece from 1984.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2016, 09:07:12 AM »
I don't think we've run out of ideas. I think it's reflective of a very large majority of our culture. We have boring, bland, dry, stupid people that have the ability to spend money (usually money they shouldn't be spending) on entertainment.

Studios are money-making businesses and it's far easier to get ten million idiots to pay $15 to watch Lethal Weapon Remixed: When Girls Are Too Old for This Shit! than attempt to put out something new that will have a cultural impact.

There are still good movies being made, but they're rare. And it's really rare for the truly profound ones to impact more than a small number of people that are fortunate to see them or understand them.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2016, 09:30:35 AM »
I think ths has perhaps hit on something.

The Rocky type movies don't sell anymore. I like them but the public wants monkeys to dance...and now. They want sleezy jokes, explosions, stupid humor, killing, etc.

Secretariat, 42, the hank movie, the Jessie Owens movie - those should have been well received by the public. But no. They are considered boring. Too life like. They are real stories so...booooooo boooooo

Im not even sure I Walk The Line or Forrest Gump would do good now.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2016, 11:06:37 AM »
Secretariat, 42, the hank movie, the Jessie Owens movie - those should have been well received by the public. But no. They are considered boring. Too life like. They are real stories so...booooooo boooooo

Too brown for all the Trump people with all the money....

Truthfully this generation has been ruined by CGI. They don't read books. They have no imagination. And they must be stimulated 24/7.

I weep for the future.

Or in the case of some on here, the now!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2016, 08:27:30 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2016, 03:17:05 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2016, 03:40:44 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2016, 10:49:01 AM »
I'm not watching the Ghostbuster movie nor any other movie unless it features trans people and specifically trans people going to the bathroom. If the new GB was about that, I'd be in, but since it is not, forget it. Same goes for anything else. XMen? Better get some trans in there. Historical dramas? Whatever dead civil rights leader or president or faux historical figure the movie is about better feature them as trans or married to trans. It's all about trans now, folks. #OneHalfOfOnePercent is all that matters. Everything else is just hetero-cis-centric garbage! Pfffffftttttttt!

The above satire is brought to you by my morning mood and general lack of care of this world any more.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2016, 11:16:43 AM »
I'm not watching the Ghostbuster movie nor any other movie unless it features trans people and specifically trans people going to the bathroom. If the new GB was about that, I'd be in, but since it is not, forget it. Same goes for anything else. XMen? Better get some trans in there. Historical dramas? Whatever dead civil rights leader or president or faux historical figure the movie is about better feature them as trans or married to trans. It's all about trans now, folks. #OneHalfOfOnePercent is all that matters. Everything else is just hetero-cis-centric garbage! Pfffffftttttttt!

The above satire is brought to you by my morning mood and general lack of care of this world any more.
We have an openly gay Sec. of the Army. That's a good start. But, we are lacking openly gay BOT members on the x. And I don't understand why.

Sure, we all know that all of them are either bi or gay. But, they don't openly discuss. And with the common x members. I know that most of you are homos. Doesn't bother me. I'm cool.

Cross dressers? Trans? Hey, bitches it's 2016. I'm not CCTAU. I'm down with it. You can talk about it in the open.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2016, 11:28:34 AM »
We have an openly gay Sec. of the Army. That's a good start. But, we are lacking openly gay BOT members on the x. And I don't understand why.

Sure, we all know that all of them are either bi or gay. But, they don't openly discuss. And with the common x members. I know that most of you are homos. Doesn't bother me. I'm cool.

Cross dressers? Trans? Hey, bitches it's 2016. I'm not CCTAU. I'm down with it. You can talk about it in the open.

If only Gus were a trans and he recruited a trans quarterback we could all get behind (in the line at the bathroom), then we could feel as if the family was complete.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2016, 12:13:14 PM »
If only Gus were a trans and he recruited a trans quarterback we could all get behind (in the line at the bathroom), then we could feel as if the family was complete.

If he could run the offense and complete passes (to our guys) I could care less what he does in his off time.  :gig: :thumsup:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2016, 05:38:38 AM »
But, they don't openly discuss. And with the common x members. I know that most of you are homos. Doesn't bother me. I'm cool.

I'm not a homo, but I consider myself to have lesbian leanings. Free tacos, camel toes, muffins for all, and a pony.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions