Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

AU vs. UAB

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
AU vs. UAB
« on: April 12, 2016, 12:34:18 PM »
Reports are that the two are looking at dates for an OOC match up.  Probably no earlier than 2019.  Okay, that's great.  Big freakin' deal.  I have no problem scheduling in-state schools and in fact, I've been a proponent for years of getting Troy booked.  I really don't get the reasoning behind not playing them.  We've played UAB in the past.  We regularly schedule Samford and Alabama A&M. We played Jacksonville State and now we have Alabama State coming in.

What's the problem?  If you're going to schedule these type teams, why not get one that would create a pretty good buzz in the State.  One that would pack out the stadium simply from the novelty of giving a shot to an in-state team that over the years, has taken on all comers.  If Auburn is competitive in the West, they should be able to beat Troy 19-20 years, or .968% of the time.  Are the powers that be, scared?  Auburn plays them in basketball, baseball every year, softball etc. 

I'd damn sure rather go watch us play Troy than UAB or any of the other in-state schools.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
Re: AU vs. UAB
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2016, 12:51:37 PM »
Reports are that the two are looking at dates for an OOC match up.  Probably no earlier than 2019.  Okay, that's great.  Big freakin' deal.  I have no problem scheduling in-state schools and in fact, I've been a proponent for years of getting Troy booked.  I really don't get the reasoning behind not playing them.  We've played UAB in the past.  We regularly schedule Samford and Alabama A&M. We played Jacksonville State and now we have Alabama State coming in.

What's the problem?  If you're going to schedule these type teams, why not get one that would create a pretty good buzz in the State.  One that would pack out the stadium simply from the novelty of giving a shot to an in-state team that over the years, has taken on all comers.  If Auburn is competitive in the West, they should be able to beat Troy 19-20 years, or .968% of the time.  Are the powers that be, scared?  Auburn plays them in basketball, baseball every year, softball etc. 

I'd damn sure rather go watch us play Troy than UAB or any of the other in-state schools.

Let me guess, headline in AL.com:

Awburn schedules UAB since they can't beat UAT?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'