Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Guns and Roastes

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Guns and Roastes
« on: April 06, 2016, 10:40:08 AM »
I'm more than likely gonna go because it's one of those things you shouldn't miss (assuming they can stand each other long enough to finish the tour).  But the first performance from GnR leaves me wondering if it's worth the effort. 

Sound seems good. Slash is Slash.  But Axl.  Looks like he needs to lay off the sandwiches. 

His out of breath struggling is reminiscent of Vince huffing and puffing through Dr. Feelgood. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
Re: Guns and Roastes
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2016, 10:42:41 AM »
Saw them in San Diego in late 91....Have no desire to trash that memory.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2016, 10:59:23 AM »
From the looks of the stage and props, I assume they have downsized from the tour buses and semi trucks to maybe rental van and a U Haul trailer.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2016, 11:42:35 AM »
From the looks of the stage and props, I assume they have downsized from the tour buses and semi trucks to maybe rental van and a U Haul trailer.

That was a scaled down "practice" show. 

They're playing stadiums.  Georgia Dome, Mercedes Benz in NO.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

chinook

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2016, 12:13:50 PM »
fairly arrogant of them to play large venues.

but they'll draw people old and young. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2016, 12:29:38 PM »
fairly arrogant of them to play large venues.

but they'll draw people old and young.

If they fill the venues, how is that arrogant?

Not that I give two hoots.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

chinook

« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2016, 02:02:28 PM »
If they fill the venues, how is that arrogant?

Not that I give two hoots.

probably stems from my overall dislike for GnR.   shit they have been dormant more than they have been active.  their success came in a 5 year span.  tried a few years with little fanfare...stalled. rinse and repeat.

55k+ stadiums..bold for being in the dark, damp basement being gnawed by the creepy crawlies.  i haven't seen the ticket prices or read but i bet it will not be cheap.  they'll out price the likes of mustang driving fucktards.

why not come out swinging like Bon Jovi ...in 15+ venues...sell out.  gain momentum to do it again. 

fuck GnR.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2016, 02:31:07 PM »
This has nothing to do with their music.  Love the early stuff and Slash's work is so unique.  But every time I think of them touring, I think of a Metallica documentary I watched years ago talking about them opening for GnR.  On one particular night in Montreal, James Hetfield got too near one of the pyro blasts and got lit up. Show stopped....Hetfield rushed to the ER.  Never forget them saying Guns could have walked out and saved the show but they took 2 hours to go on and then cut it short, with Axl walking off stage after only a few songs.  That in turn, caused a riot.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2016, 02:54:34 PM »
That in turn, caused a riot.   
I'm kind of lost on this one.
There were mostly black people at a Metallica and GnR concert?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2016, 03:06:12 PM »
I'm kind of lost on this one.
There were mostly black people at a Metallica and GnR concert?

Metallica and GnR played a free concert?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2016, 03:17:45 PM »
Saw them open up for the Crue here in the Ham in 86 or 87.  I thought Axl sounded like Mickey Mouse that night, but later came to love their music.  If they come back here, I will most definitely go.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2016, 11:06:18 PM »
Depends on what ticket prices are. Will more than likely scope out tix for the dome.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE