Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

A-Day

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
Re: A-Day
« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2016, 07:29:34 PM »
A flute with no holes is not a flute.

A doughnut with no holes is a danish.

Wait until Game 1. Long way to go and a lot to do before that happens. Give it time.
Look dude, you don't tell me what to do. I do the telling around here. You just listen, then step and fetch when I ask. No need to "wait for game 1". I have spoken. We looked like piss at QB.

You should never question my football smarts because I am borderline genius.

Hindu proverb:

"Never pass up an opportunity to shit."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #21 on: April 10, 2016, 07:42:49 PM »
Look dude, you don't tell me what to do. I do the telling around here. You just listen, then step and fetch when I ask. No need to "wait for game 1". I have spoken. We looked like piss at QB.

You should never question my football smarts because I am borderline genius.

Hindu proverb:

"Never pass up an opportunity to shoot."

Finkle is Einhorn
Wiregrass is Rhett.

Got it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #22 on: April 10, 2016, 11:47:52 PM »
However, it looks like we may still be in the running for TT grad transfer, Davis Webb.  6-5 220.  Threw for 46 TD's at Tech.  Had committed to Colorado earlier but now is coming to AU for another visit. At least worth keeping an eye on.

Why would we want this?

We got a passer in White. We don't seem to have a passing coach. So with this guy, we'll just have a taller passer with no passing p!ays called!

I bet this guy can reallymake plays  using the TE!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

chinook

« Reply #23 on: April 11, 2016, 12:22:11 AM »
It was a practice. Nothing more. Nothing less. Nothing learned. Wait till game 1.

I agree.  I agree. Yeah, I agree. I disagree, unless we are talking Carlson.  oh hell no.

Defense...big, eager and fast.  They will win us games.  I see no WOW in our current WR corp. Our QB situation does not make me warm and fuzzy. This QB deal needs to be fixed before game 1.   I think Gus is scratching his head [and balls like most of us and I stress most] and the dude is probably shitting bullets. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #24 on: April 11, 2016, 12:35:58 AM »
I agree.  I agree. Yeah, I agree. I disagree, unless we are talking Carlson.  oh hell no.

Defense...big, eager and fast.  They will win us games.  I see no WOW in our current WR corp. Our QB situation does not make me warm and fuzzy. This QB deal needs to be fixed before game 1.   I think Gus is scratching his head [and balls like most of us and I stress most] and the dude is probably shitting bullets.

It's prolly gonna be JFIII unless Barrett comes in and show shows out or the TT guy signs.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #25 on: April 11, 2016, 08:56:26 AM »
It's prolly gonna be JFIII unless Barrett comes in and show shows out or the TT guy signs.

Thanks for pinning it down for us...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #26 on: April 11, 2016, 10:30:23 AM »
Thanks for pinning it down for us...

Clear as the Mississippi River
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #27 on: April 11, 2016, 11:26:44 AM »
You may be right but I HIGHLY doubt it. Not that I'm high, I mean, I just don't see it.

None of the 3 looked worth cow piss but White was the better of the 3. And he had the fumble and what should have been a Johnsonesque easy interception that was dropped. Into double coverage. Along with a few other suspect passes, imo.

I do feel like JFIII gets PT but I don't think he carries the bulk. It's White's job to lose, if you ask me.

White does look quicker but not any taller, so prepare for the batted balls at the los again.

I don't see Barrett being an option unless he's Cam.2. I don't think he's Cam.2.

Gus desperately needs a rushing QB. White isn't going to break it for 20 plus very often but maybe he can pick up 5-10 on occasion.

After breaking down the film last pm and making some graphs and pie charts, I realize that one saving grace from Saturday may be the vanilla playbook and lack of keeps on the zone read. If JFIII and White can somewhat execute the zone read, we may be o.k. If not, I agree that we should drop the HUNH and just go with a mostly pro style to slow things down. And hope that our D can keep us in games.

And we didn't have Carryon on the field. I saw him without pads. I don't know why. Also, Trigga Trey had both shoulders operated on, I believe. I don't know when to expect him back.

I echo the excitement about the defense but I've been teased for ten years, so I'll just be on standby. Let me know when we actually get into the top 25 in some defensive categories. Or, even break the top 50.

But it really does appear that this D line could be 2010 caliber, if not better. And our LB and DB's look to be pretty damn sporty. Depth, you say? Yes. I think so. Transfers and RS's are a plus.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #28 on: April 11, 2016, 11:27:42 AM »
Maybe we can put lifts in White's cleats. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #29 on: April 11, 2016, 11:31:55 AM »
Or, if White were Black, he could run faster.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #30 on: April 11, 2016, 11:36:57 AM »
Or, if White were Black, he could run faster.

Why would his last name make him...oooooh, I see what you did there. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #31 on: April 11, 2016, 12:10:14 PM »
Why would his last name make him...oooooh, I see what you did there.

He's not black like Barry White, no he is white like Frank Black is.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

jmar

« Reply #32 on: April 11, 2016, 01:50:35 PM »
You people need to relax over the QB situation. There's plenty of time for our guru's to work their magic and put the high powered scoring machine on the field we expect.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #33 on: April 11, 2016, 02:09:28 PM »
He's not black like Barry White, no he is white like Frank Black is.
This honkey's gone to heaven
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

« Reply #34 on: April 11, 2016, 02:42:12 PM »
This honkey's gone to heaven

I always assumed he copped the Pixies line there...didn't realize he'd changed it up slightly.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #35 on: April 11, 2016, 03:38:17 PM »

wes4au for QB?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

wesfau2

« Reply #36 on: April 11, 2016, 04:20:21 PM »
wes4au for QB?

You're goddamned right.

Snapping necks and cashing checks.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #37 on: April 12, 2016, 03:11:38 PM »
My analysis..  We are 3 days removed from A-Day and based on what I saw here are my thoughts.

1> We were actually much better organized than I expected.  I don't expect much this season, not sure if that is good or bad.  I will probably get more hyped the closer we get to the season, but honestly this is probably the most meh I have ever been at this point.  That being said I did think we looked better than I was anticipating, yes I know offense didn't look great, but honestly I would rather the defense show up more for A-Day then the offense.

B> I think the defense is really going to be something (obviously provided we stay healthy).  I know we have debated this since Tubs left, but I fully expect our defense to keep us in games this year.  We are going to need them especially in the beginning.  D-Line looks stout and I was more impressed by big #1 Montravious who was flying to the ball.  While I am still on the fence about Kevin Steele (I thought Lance Thompson should have been handed the job after the Memphis Game). I am excited to see our defense play this year.

3> This H-Back shit better happen during the year.  Gus has a tendency to show stuff during spring practices that we never see again.  That being said the H-Backs were a pleasant surprise in the game and one I hope we see again come the fall.

4> Sean White will be the starter come Clemson. (I said this before Spring Practice and I continue to stand behind it).  Sean didn't look his best but I was not overly worried about it during a spring game.  He will obviously need to play much better than that for us to win against Clemson in the opener, but no other QB that we currently have on campus is more complete than him with regards to throwing the ball.  which brings me to JFIII

5> Lashlee and Gus have both said that JFIII will play this year and there is no reason to not believe them.  Here's how I think it will go.  Sean will have a series of good plays against Clemson.  Then on a first down somewhere around the Clemson 45 yard line Gus will inexplicably bring JFIII who will run up the middle for a 2 yard gain.  He will then stay in on 2nd down and miss a throw and Sean White will be brought back in on 3rd and we will have to punt.  I don't believe that JFIII will ever see meaningful playing time at Auburn.  I think he will be brought in to be the "wildcat" QB and it will fail because most of the time we run and the defense knows it.

6> WR's...biggest area of need.  I certainly hope that our incoming studs at WR are as good as advertised because we are going to need them big time.  Outside of Davis if one of these stud freshman doesn't show up it might not matter who is throwing the rock.

G> I really like the move of using Austin Golson at LT and Dampeer back at Center.  Honestly I thought Golson was wasted last year at Center.

8> Daniel Carlson for Heisman, seriously though can this kid be even more money than he was last year....looks like a yes.

9> Sufficed to Weskie and Uncle Sani's conceded nothing attitude, realistically I just don't see this team as being a championship level team.  Now we could possibly improve to that level if the defense is as good as I think they could be and offense gets it's confidence and get's into a grove.  The schedule certainly sets up nice outside of playing the #2 team our first 5 are at home, and that could have a snowball effect.  Realistically though I see us as an 8-9 win team, improving from last year but still not having all of the pieces in place.   

I think Gus lives to see a 2017 AU season.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2016, 03:13:59 PM by Godfather »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #38 on: April 12, 2016, 03:33:35 PM »

5> Lashlee and Gus have both said that JFIII will play this year and there is no reason to not believe them.  Here's how I think it will go.  Sean will have a series of good plays against Clemson.  Then on a first down somewhere around the Clemson 45 yard line Gus will inexplicably bring JFIII who will run up the middle for a 2 yard gain.  He will then stay in on 2nd down and miss a throw and Sean White will be brought back in on 3rd and we will have to punt.  I don't believe that JFIII will ever see meaningful playing time at Auburn.  I think he will be brought in to be the "wildcat" QB and it will fail because most of the time we run and the defense knows it.

I think the only thing that can make this successful is an extreme emphasis on the option being run in a manner that is true. None of this sticking the ball out like a spear crap. Mesh up and force the defense to commit. If JFIII can do that, he will have a strong place in this offense. I would have all QBs and RBs practicing all summer on just this. Even slow as SW could draw some yards if its run correctly. And the play action off of it would actually be play action.

But alas, from what we saw in the spring, more stabbing at the air will be undertaken.

So your analysis is probably spot on!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #39 on: April 12, 2016, 03:51:21 PM »
I agree with all those except #2, #5, #G, #1, #8, #3, #4, #6 & #9.  Other than that, you're spot on. 

I'm with you on White.  As I said, he needs to be named the starter and prepare over the next 3-4 months with that mindset and getting the reps.  Personally, I'm not worried in the least about the WR's.  JJ looked like roadkill.  He wasn't anywhere near them.  Not their fault.  They really didn't allow Clifford Franklin XXX to throw that much and I'm sure there's a reason why.  Same reason they didn't allow him to throw much in JUCO. 

Aside from the defense, the most encouraging thing to me was the HUNH tempo that Malzahn was clearly trying to get back to. That's his bread and buttah.  That's what put him on the map and has allowed him to take 2 offenses to national championship games, winning one.  I saw last year as Malzahn trying to relinquish much of the offensive duties to Lashlee.  When JJ flopped and White got injured, they had no answers.  The O was in disarray for most of the season and they lost all tempo, constantly implementing helter skelter substitutions, including at QB.

It appears that Gus is taking the helm again and hopefully just having Lash work with the QB's.  Hopefully, that's the case.  If so, then pencil White in as the starter and get him ready for Clemson.

Oh, and he WILL be putting Clifford Franklin at Mildcat.  He's always been in love with it. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."