Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

A-Day

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
A-Day
« on: April 09, 2016, 05:17:47 PM »
How does it look? I'm too broke to see it, lol.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Re: A-Day
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2016, 05:21:43 PM »
How does it look? I'm too broke to see it, lol.

Turnovers.  Stalled drives. Red zone failures. 

Check. Check. Check.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2016, 06:07:53 PM »
If it were my call, I'd name White the starter right now and give him rep after rep after rep.  Only because he was the least shitty of the 3.  He had his moments and at one point was 7-11 for 124 yards.  But, he also screwed the pooch with a drop and 2-3 crappy throws.  JJ looked just like last year with the exception of throwing it over everyone's head instead of forcing an int.  Clifford Franklin ain't ready for prime time.  Not even in the same universe as prime time.

First team D  :thumsup: :thumsup: :thumsup: :thumsup: :thumsup: :thumsup: :thumsup:

They looked fast, physical, tackled well. Down linemen looked great and Tre Williams was skrong. Loved seeing Marlon Davidson looking big and physical at 280 and running a good bit with the ones.  I'm well aware it's a spring game but the depth and experience we'll have this year on D is pretty special.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2016, 10:21:28 PM »
I've given up making regular season predictions based off the spring game. Back in 2010, I walked out of the stadium thinking 7-8 wins was our ceiling. Last year, I said "This Johnson kid has a damn bright future at Auburn."

Today, I left the stadium thinking "Stock up on whiskey, big boy. You're going to need it this fall." Outside of the running backs and Legatron, I was underwhelmed with the side of the ball that is supposed to score points.

Defensively, I don't want to get suckered in after years of high hopes but Steele's bunch played great.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2016, 11:51:43 PM »
I've given up making regular season predictions based off the spring game. Back in 2010, I walked out of the stadium thinking 7-8 wins was our ceiling. Last year, I said "This Johnson kid has a damn bright future at Auburn."

Today, I left the stadium thinking "Stock up on whiskey, big boy. You're going to need it this fall." Outside of the running backs and Legatron, I was underwhelmed with the side of the ball that is supposed to score points.

Defensively, I don't want to get suckered in after years of high hopes but Steele's bunch played great.

I think some real expectations are in order.  Malzahn has been there long enough to establish that these are his players....his system.  It really is a sink or swim kind of year.  A couple of observations.  First, I think what was obvious was that they were trying to go HUNH to the max today.  Back to what got it all started and a total departure from 2015.  Tells me Gus has taken the reins and it's going to be done his way. 

Second, I'm crossing my fingers like a lot of you, but I came away from today thinking we may just have the best overall defense since the Tuberville years.  No, not because the blue team stifled the white in an A-Day game.  But the shear numbers across the D-line and in the secondary.  And the LB's (Especially Tre) looked fast and physical.  Maybe I'm reading too much into it but if everyone stays relatively healthy on D and with the new schemes under Steele (I saw numerous blitzes) we could be...+1.00 to Wes.....pretty damn salty.

All we need is a QB to distribute and occasionally take off. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2016, 12:53:40 AM »
JFIII will be the starter at QB
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2016, 09:56:52 AM »

I sincerely hope you're wrong.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2016, 10:11:03 AM »
If he is, Gus has lost his mind.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2016, 10:28:03 AM »

I felt very similar. I don't see how anyone can feel much better about QB, which happens to be our biggest need for improvement, IMO.

White looked almost serviceable at best.

O line and D lines look to be solid, as is RB. That's all I left with.

A far cry from my 2010 excitement. But, if the D plays great maybe they'll surprise me.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2016, 11:06:20 AM »
I sincerely hope you're wrong.

If we are that horrible at QB, m betting Barrett has a chance to take control with just fall camp under his belt.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2016, 11:30:59 AM »
First team D  :thumsup: :thumsup: :thumsup: :thumsup: :thumsup: :thumsup: :thumsup:

Until I see what they do against another team's offense, I'm going to assume they looked good because they played the Auburn Offense.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2016, 12:28:12 PM »
Until I see what they do against another team's offense, I'm going to assume they looked good because they played the Auburn Offense.
^^This.
I only saw the first half but the 3rd down awfulness was evident.

If it were 1985, I wouldn't be as suspect. But our recent defensive woes and realizing that we need solid qb play to make the Gus bus run makes me nervous.

I go in expecting to see Tark run and gun but leave feeling like I just saw Dean Smith run the 4 corner offense.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2016, 04:08:06 PM »
It was a practice. Nothing more. Nothing less. Nothing learned. Wait till game 1.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2016, 04:11:02 PM »
It was a practice. Nothing more. Nothing less. Nothing learned. Wait till game 1.
There is an old Hindu proverb that says, "You will play just like you practice."

Nothing more. Nothing less.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2016, 04:18:10 PM »
There is an old Hindu proverb that says, "You will play just like you practice."

Nothing more. Nothing less.

A flute with no holes is not a flute.

A doughnut with no holes is a danish.

Wait until Game 1. Long way to go and a lot to do before that happens. Give it time.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2016, 04:30:19 PM »
A flute with no holes is not a flute.
It's a stick.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2016, 04:33:52 PM »
Man who go to bed with itchy ass, wake up with smelly finger.

Sean White.  Call it.  Give him the reps.  Get ready for Clemson.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2016, 04:43:05 PM »
However, it looks like we may still be in the running for TT grad transfer, Davis Webb.  6-5 220.  Threw for 46 TD's at Tech.  Had committed to Colorado earlier but now is coming to AU for another visit. At least worth keeping an eye on.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2016, 06:39:18 PM »
However, it looks like we may still be in the running for TT grad transfer, Davis Webb.  6-5 220.  Threw for 46 TD's at Tech.  Had committed to Colorado earlier but now is coming to AU for another visit. At least worth keeping an eye on.

THIS^^^^

His numbers are good when compared to....
« Last Edit: April 10, 2016, 11:42:57 PM by bottomfeeder »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2016, 06:43:28 PM »

He obviously watched the A-Day game as well.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.