Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Judge Garland?

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Judge Garland?
« on: March 17, 2016, 04:55:56 PM »
For all the idiotic fuckery and stuffed shirt emptiness that comes from the Pandering Muslim in Chief, I have to admit that the nomination of Garland to the Supreme Court is pretty smart on the part of the nation's top vacationer and native of Kenya. 

Garland isn't anything close to a conservative, but from all I've read he doesn't fall nearly as far to the left as would have been expected from a nomination that comes from a closet homosexual and an avid supporter of the destruction of Christian values.  If anything he'd likely be described as a slightly-left leaning moderate. 

This creates a quandry. 

Republicans vow to wait until after the election to confirm a new justice.  But what if, God FORBID, Clinton or Sanders lies or freebies their way to the White House?  Their nominees would likely look like Karl Marx compared to Garland. 

So should they accept this guy knowing that something far, far worse could be on the horizon? 

Obama makes them look like they are bent on making political points rather than doing the work by nominating a guy who isn't a leftist lunatic like his other appointees.  It's a nice play on his part.  Politics, of course, but shrewdly played. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
Re: Judge Garland?
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2016, 05:00:34 PM »
Republicans vow to wait until after the election to confirm a new justice.  But what if, God FORBID, Clinton or Sanders lies or freebies their way to the White House?  Their nominees would likely look like Karl Marx compared to Garland. 
Best case scenario for them is Trump gets in. What makes them think they'll like HIS nominee?

He said he'd nominate his pro-abortion extremist sister if he got in.

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/423196/trump-praises-his-sister-pro-abortion-extremist-judge-ramesh-ponnuru

Good luck with that. But whatever you do, don't let the black guy get his way amirite?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2016, 05:09:43 PM »
Best case scenario for them is Trump gets in. What makes them think they'll like HIS nominee?

He said he'd nominate his pro-abortion extremist sister if he got in.

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/423196/trump-praises-his-sister-pro-abortion-extremist-judge-ramesh-ponnuru

Good luck with that. But whatever you do, don't let the black guy get his way amirite?

You see Hillary as a women and him as black.

I see them as far left fucksticks.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2016, 05:44:55 PM »

You see Hillary as a women and him as black.

I see them as far left fucksticks.

I see them as Muslims and Bitches.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2016, 07:43:32 PM »
Why are supreme court judges picking and choosing political sides? The one thing they're there for should not be politically motivated. The constitution is the constitution. What it says is what it means! The founding fathers were pretty clear on the meaning in the Federalist papers.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2016, 09:12:11 PM »
Why are supreme court judges picking and choosing political sides? The one thing they're there for should not be politically motivated. The constitution is the constitution. What it says is what it means! The founding fathers were pretty clear on the meaning in the Federalist papers.

Your words have meaning.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2016, 10:53:21 PM »
Screw this guy. He is a leftist where it matters most. He fit the great ONEs gun grabber mentality to a tee. I could care less about abortion or British cigarettes marrying. But I'll be damn if the second amendment will fall because of this guy!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2016, 09:44:03 AM »
Screw this guy. He is a leftist where it matters most. He fit the great ONEs gun grabber mentality to a tee. I could care less about abortion or British cigarettes marrying. But I'll be damn if the second amendment will fall because of this guy!
This kind of petulant childishness is exactly why the government is as fucked as it is right now. Obama could have reanimated Charlton Heston's corpse and you would have bitched about him appointing his Hollywood buddies.

You don't get to get 100% of your way 100% of the time when the other guy is in office. If you don't like it, stop running unelectable assholes like Trump.

The reality of the situation is, HITLARY THE MOST LIBRUL LIBRUL EVER TO LIBRUL IS GONNA APPOINT MICHAEL MOORE. Or something close to that. This is the best possible judge you could hope a Democratic president would ever consider appointing, and you're still gonna bitch and moan. BEST CASE scenario for you is Trump gets in (which is unlikely to happen) and nominates his uber leftist sister or Omerosa or Flava Flav or Dennis Rodman. Which do you prefer? Quit throwing your toys, baby.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2016, 10:05:31 AM »
Chizzy called CCTAU a baby!!! EWWWWWWW, burn baby! He got you.  :pwnd: :thumsup: :moon:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2016, 11:16:43 AM »
This kind of petulant childishness is exactly why the government is as fucked as it is right now. Obama could have reanimated Charlton Heston's corpse and you would have bitched about him appointing his Hollywood buddies.

You don't get to get 100% of your way 100% of the time when the other guy is in office. If you don't like it, stop running unelectable assholes like Trump.

The reality of the situation is, HITLARY THE MOST LIBRUL LIBRUL EVER TO LIBRUL IS GONNA APPOINT MICHAEL MOORE. Or something close to that. This is the best possible judge you could hope a Democratic president would ever consider appointing, and you're still gonna bitch and moan. BEST CASE scenario for you is Trump gets in (which is unlikely to happen) and nominates his uber leftist sister or Omerosa or Flava Flav or Dennis Rodman. Which do you prefer? Quit throwing your toys, baby.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME YOU DUMB SON OF A BITCH. THE SECOND AMENDMENT IS PART OF THE BILL OF RIGHTS.

The rest of your shit is up for interpretation. NOT THIS!

SCREW HIM and SCREW YOU.

YOU are what is wrong with America today. Your daddy raised a girl!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2016, 11:20:39 AM »
ARE YOU KIDDING ME YOU DUMB SON OF A BITCH. THE SECOND AMENDMENT IS PART OF THE BILL OF RIGHTS.

SCREW HIM and SCREW YOU.

WOOOOOOWEEEEEE!!! CCTAU called Chizzy a girl! BoomMothaBitches! Got you good Chizzy Wizzy. What you got to say about that? :haha: :pwnd: :clap:
Looser.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2016, 11:21:27 AM »

SCREW HIM and SCREW YOU.

No one's taking your guns. No one's overturning the 2nd Amendment.

Idiot.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2016, 11:25:34 AM »
No one's taking your guns. No one's overturning the 2nd Amendment.

Idiot.

YOU FREAKING MORON. THIS GUY HAS ALREADY SHOWN A PROPENSITY TO IGNORE THE SECOND AMENDMENT IN THE LOWER COURTS. SO NOW, SEXSTICKS LIKE YOU THINK IT'S SMART TO MOVE HIM TO A HIGHER COURT WHERE HIS UNCONSTITUTIONAL DECISIONS CAN BE MADE CONSTITUTIONAL!

BAD CHOICE!

YOU, WHO THINKS HITLARY HAS BEEN GOOD AT HER JOB ALL OF THESE YEARS, HAVE NO CLUE!

NONE AT ALL!

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2016, 11:33:35 AM »
YOU FREAKING MORON. THIS GUY HAS ALREADY SHOWN A PROPENSITY TO IGNORE THE SECOND AMENDMENT IN THE LOWER COURTS. SO NOW, SEXSTICKS LIKE YOU THINK IT'S SMART TO MOVE HIM TO A HIGHER COURT WHERE HIS UNCONSTITUTIONAL DECISIONS CAN BE MADE CONSTITUTIONAL!

BAD CHOICE!

YOU, WHO THINKS HITLARY HAS BEEN GOOD AT HER JOB ALL OF THESE YEARS, HAVE NO CLUE!

NONE AT ALL!
Everything you just all-caps'ed is completely idiotic and false. Including that I think "Hitlary" has been "good at her job all these years".

He hasn't done shit to "ignore the second amendment". You're referring to ONE vote for an en banc rehearing in 2007 where he thought a ruling that a specific ban in DC was important enough that it needed to be reviewed by more than three judges. That's called cautiousness. Or conservatism. He didn't vote TO TAKE AWAY ANY GUNS. He voted for a bigger panel to review if that specific vote was constitutional or not. As did outspoken conservative Judge Raymond Randolph. They voted exactly the same.

Just because you don't have the cognitive functionality to understand the nuance of this ONE vote (or even try to), doesn't mean he's trying to take anyone's guns away.

Idiot.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2016, 12:02:16 PM »
o.k. This has gone far enough. CCTAU, you need to apologize to the queer racist.

Chizzy, you need to apologize to the closet Klan member.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2016, 12:20:47 PM »
Everything you just all-caps'ed is completely idiotic and false. Including that I think "Hitlary" has been "good at her job all these years".

He hasn't done shit to "ignore the second amendment". You're referring to ONE vote for an en banc rehearing in 2007 where he thought a ruling that a specific ban in DC was important enough that it needed to be reviewed by more than three judges. That's called cautiousness. Or conservatism. He didn't vote TO TAKE AWAY ANY GUNS. He voted for a bigger panel to review if that specific vote was constitutional or not. As did outspoken conservative Judge Raymond Randolph. They voted exactly the same.

Just because you don't have the cognitive functionality to understand the nuance of this ONE vote (or even try to), doesn't mean he's trying to take anyone's guns away.

Idiot.
`

Yeah. He was just trying to help. And the great ONE sees him as a conservative choice.

You really should just switch from independent to dimocrat.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2016, 02:17:00 PM »
I see them ALL as Politicians.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2016, 06:14:50 PM »
When Garland was confirmed to the Court of Appeals with bipartisan support in 1997, here's what Republicans had to say about him.

http://thinkprogress.org/justice/2016/03/16/3760775/republicans-backed-merrick-garland-1997/

Sen. Orrin Hatch (R-UT)
"Merrick B. Garland is highly qualified to sit on the D.C. circuit. His intelligence and his scholarship cannot be questioned... His legal experience is equally impressive... Accordingly, I believe Mr. Garland is a fine nominee. I know him personally, I know of his integrity, I know of his legal ability, I know of his honesty, I know of his acumen, and he belongs on the court. I believe he is not only a fine nominee, but is as good as Republicans can expect from this administration. In fact, I would place him at the top of the list."

Sen. Chuck Grassley (R-IA)
“I have nothing against the nominee. Mr. Garland seems to be well qualified and would probably make a good judge -- in some other court.”

Sen. Jeff Sessions (R-AL)
"He has a high position with the Department of Justice and, by all accounts, does a good job there. There will be a number of judgeship vacancies in the D.C. trial judges. He has been a trial lawyer. He would be a good person to fill one of those. I would feel comfortable supporting him for another judgeship."

Then-Sen. Jon Kyl (R-AZ)
"I believe Mr. Garland is well qualified for the court of appeals. He earned degrees from Harvard College and Harvard Law School and clerked for Judge Friendly on the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit and for Justice Brennan on the Supreme Court and, since 1993, he has worked for the Department of Justice. So there is no question, he is qualified to serve on the court."

Then-Sen. Strom Thurmond (R-SC)
“I have no reservations about Mr. Garland's qualifications or character to serve in this capacity. He had an excellent academic record at both Harvard College and Harvard Law School before serving as a law clerk on the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit and the U.S. Supreme Court. Also, he has served in distinguished positions in private law practice and with the Department of Justice. Moreover, I have no doubt that Mr. Garland is a man of character and integrity."

Then-Sen. Conrad Burns (R-MT)
“[T]he nominee has the character and is highly qualified for the position."
Though several of those Senators opposed confirming anyone at all to fill that seat, 32 Republicans backed Garland's nomination.

Orin Hatch also said this less than a week ago...
http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/john-gizzi-orrin-hatch-obama-will-nominate/2016/03/13/id/718871/
"The President told me several times he’s going to name a moderate [to fill the court vacancy], but I don’t believe him," Hatch told us.

"[Obama] could easily name Merrick Garland, who is a fine man," he told us, referring to the more centrist chief judge of the U.S. Court of Appeals of the District of Columbia who was considered and passed over for the two previous high court vacancies.

But, Hatch quickly added, "He probably won’t do that because this appointment is about the election. So I’m pretty sure he’ll name someone the [liberal Democratic base] wants."

This type of hyper partisanship disgusts me...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2016, 01:36:37 AM »
Supposedly educated Auburn men living their lives like women disgust me!

Spa day anyone?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2016, 10:20:53 AM »
Supposedly educated Auburn men living their lives like women disgust me!

Spa day anyone?
Couldn't agree more.

Never satisfied even when you give them exactly what they said they wanted. Get irrationally emotional and bitchy for no explainable reason. Care more about feelz than rational, fact-based substantive discussion about the issues.

"Garland may have a proven track record of being about as conservative of any justice alive today, but OBAMA so I feelz like he's gonna take my guns!"

"Everything you said may be true and factual, but I really didn't like your tone and it feels like you're mansplaining."

Indistinguishable.

Supposedly educated, but can only parrot what Rush Limbaugh tells them to believe and is incapable of rational independent thought based on facts, history, and precedent. Only emotion and feelz.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions