Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Political Correctness is Destroying America

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Re: Political Correctness is Destroying America
« Reply #200 on: November 20, 2016, 10:18:30 AM »
Here we go again.  So, Good Friday is a day that exists solely because Christians recognize it as significant in the history of Christianity.  Tell me Bloomington, who are you excluding in your inclusiveness? And now you think Americans shouldn't celebrate the "discovery of America" because of what happened after the discovery of America?  Tell ya' what Bloomington, why don't you give up your little slice of this country, deed it back over to the Indians...I'm sorry, "Native Americans"...and sail your PC asses back to Europe.  Fox

The city of Bloomington, Indiana, has renamed Good Friday and Columbus Day because the names imply a cultural insensitivity, according to the Bloomington Herald-Times.

The new, more politically-correct names will help make the holidays more inclusive, the mayor said.
"We are terrifically proud of our diverse workforce at the city," Hamilton wrote. "That diversity makes us stronger and more representative of the public we proudly serve. These updated names for two days of well-merited time off is another way we can demonstrate our commitment to inclusivity."

The Herald-Times reports that "all city employees receive paid time off for Columbus Day, a federal holiday ... and Good Friday, the Friday before Easter Sunday. In the future, the city will be calling these paid days off 'Fall Holiday' and 'Spring Holiday.'"

Good Friday is not a federal holiday but is observed by many Christians as the day Jesus Christ was crucified by the Romans.

Columbus Day is a federal holiday noting the arrival of the Italian explorer in the Americas, on Oct. 12, 1492. Columbus Day has come under fire from liberals who claim the discovery of the Americas by Europeans led to centuries of oppression of Native Americans.

Dissing and dismantling the holiday became more a left-wing cause when the late Howard Zinn, a political science professor at Boston University, spent the first chapter of his 1980 book, "A People's History of the United States," flaying Columbus.

"To emphasize the heroism of Columbus and his successors as navigators and discoverers, and to de-emphasize their genocide, is not a technical necessity but an ideological choice. It serves -- unwittingly -- to justify what was done," Zinn wrote in his celebrated left-wing tome.

The news likely does not come as a surprise to residents of the city of Bloomington. The city and surrounding Monroe County -- thanks mostly to the presence of Indiana University -- are overwhelmingly liberal. The county gave Clinton 58.6 percent of the vote -- almost a 14,000-vote margin over Trump.

The news of Bloomington's Columbus Day erasure came the same day that Columbus Eastern High School defeated Bloomington High School South.

Columbus, Indiana -- the home to Gov. Mike Pence, now the vice president-elect -- is Bloomington's eastern neighbor. It was so named in 1821
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #201 on: November 20, 2016, 10:38:08 PM »
Too bad the dates are all wrong. I loathe the librul midwest.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #202 on: November 23, 2016, 05:49:39 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #203 on: December 06, 2016, 11:12:09 AM »
This may or may not belong here, but I'm dropping it here anyway.  This is a bit from an article written on a "viral rant" from Louisville women's basketball coach, Jeff Walz.  What is a viral rant anyway?  Sounds like someone is pissed about being sick.  Anyway, we need more peeps and/or attitudes like this.  Fox...

Jeff Walz called out his team's lack of effort during a postgame news conference after No. 7 Louisville lost its second straight game to No. 5 Maryland on Thursday. He also suggested some players came into college hoops expecting to get cheered and celebrated when they didn't earn it.

"What's that teaching kids? It's OK to lose. And unfortunately, it's our society. It's what we're building for, and it's not just in basketball, it's in life," Walz said. "You know, everybody thinks they should get a job. Everybody thinks they should get a good job. No, that's not the way it works, but unfortunately, that's what we are preparing for, because -- you finish fifth, you walk home with this nice trophy, parents are all excited. No. Not to be too blunt, but you're a loser."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #204 on: April 10, 2017, 03:11:27 PM »

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #205 on: June 22, 2017, 05:00:44 PM »
Haven't bumped this thread in a while.

Never mentioned this Evergreen State situation the first time I saw the video. This is next-level SJW insanity. This dean 100% lets people fuck his wife in front of him.

There's so many videos, hard to pick a highlight reel.

If you only watch one video, make it this one.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #206 on: June 22, 2017, 05:45:13 PM »
Haven't bumped this thread in a while.

Never mentioned this Evergreen State situation the first time I saw the video. This is next-level SJW insanity. This dean 100% lets people fuck his wife in front of him.

There's so many videos, hard to pick a highlight reel.

If you only watch one video, make it this one.

Are you trying to incite me to murder? 

Anybody who snaps instead of clapping?  Shotgun shovel to the forehead. 

Why do we allow this?  What happened to "sit your ass down and shut the fuck up??"  Do these princesses not have parents? 

This country is so, so, so fucked. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #207 on: June 23, 2017, 07:11:01 PM »
Are you trying to incite me to murder? 

Anybody who snaps instead of clapping?  Shotgun shovel to the forehead. 

Why do we allow this?  What happened to "sit your ass down and shut the fuck up??"  Do these princesses not have parents? 

This country is so, so, so fucked.
Give me 9 things about this Country that is "so, so, so fucked", why you think that way, and what the Country could do to fix it. ASAP.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #208 on: June 24, 2017, 01:38:57 AM »
Give me 9 things about this Country that is "so, so, so fucked", why you think that way, and what the Country could do to fix it. ASAP.

1-8, Prowler.
9 - the fools in those videos
(because they are)

a. Mandatory military service. 
b. Parents being parents and not buddies afraid to hurt their kids tender little feelings.
c. No more participation trophies.  Winners.  Losers.  Learn it.
d. Parents beating that ass and teaching their kids respect
e.  Instill some moral standards on television and in movies again
f. End welfare, require work for pay
g. Require birth control for people having multiple children they can't afford to care for
h. Mandatory sterilization for anybody who fathers more than two children out of wedlock and fails to pay child support
i. Stop immigration completely.  Close the borders for now
j. Quit mollycoddling Muslims who want to kill us and destroy our way of life.  You can't negotiate or hug your way out of it.
k. Screw celebrating "diversity." 
l. Go back to admitting that being a freak isn't "okay."
m. Stop pandering to the minority while trampling the rights of the majority.
n. Quit wasting money in state budgets on stupid things and pay teachers and law enforcement officers more
o. Stop teaching children to pass tests and start teaching them a work ethic
p. Have standards and pass them on to your children
q. Stop taking your children's side on every issue.
r. Stop demanding that teachers raise your bratty ass children while simultaneously denying them the disciplinary measures they need to effectively control them
s. Turn social programs over to the church where they belong and take them out of the government
t. Shut down CNN, MSNBC, MTV and about a dozen more channels that are essentially subversive
u. Vote for Donald Trump again in four years
v. Vote Republican again in 2024
w. Cut government by 35%.  Do away with useless departments and positions.  Make things less complicated
x. Pray more
y. Beat the fuck out of people like the President of Evergreen College and teach them a lesson.
z. Send all the democrats and liberals to China in a big wooden box and don't let them come back
« Last Edit: June 24, 2017, 06:51:52 AM by Kaos »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #209 on: June 24, 2017, 07:05:32 PM »
1-8, Prowler.
9 - the fools in those videos
(because they are)

a. Mandatory military service. 
b. Parents being parents and not buddies afraid to hurt their kids tender little feelings.
c. No more participation trophies.  Winners.  Losers.  Learn it.
d. Parents beating that ass and teaching their kids respect
e.  Instill some moral standards on television and in movies again

f. End welfare, require work for pay
g. Require birth control for people having multiple children they can't afford to care for
h. Mandatory sterilization for anybody who fathers more than two children out of wedlock and fails to pay child support

i. Stop immigration completely.  Close the borders for now
j. Quit mollycoddling Muslims who want to kill us and destroy our way of life.  You can't negotiate or hug your way out of it.
k. Screw celebrating "diversity." 
l. Go back to admitting that being a freak isn't "okay."
m. Stop pandering to the minority while trampling the rights of the majority.
n. Quit wasting money in state budgets on stupid things and pay teachers and law enforcement officers more
o. Stop teaching children to pass tests and start teaching them a work ethic
p. Have standards and pass them on to your children
q. Stop taking your children's side on every issue.
r. Stop demanding that teachers raise your bratty ass children while simultaneously denying them the disciplinary measures they need to effectively control them

s. Turn social programs over to the church where they belong and take them out of the government
t. Shut down CNN, MSNBC, MTV and about a dozen more channels that are essentially subversive
u. Vote for Donald Trump again in four years
v. Vote Republican again in 2024
w. Cut government by 35%.  Do away with useless departments and positions.  Make things less complicated
x. Pray more
y. Beat the fuck out of people like the President of Evergreen College and teach them a lesson.
z. Send all the democrats and liberals to China in a big wooden box and don't let them come back
Highlighted are the ones I agree with. The rest are garbage.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2017, 07:07:09 PM by The Prowler »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #210 on: June 24, 2017, 09:33:33 PM »
Mandatory military service

So, I guess the plate in my head which keeps me from qualifying for military service I got when I was 8 because the asshole down the street couldn't be bothered to watch where he was going in a subdivision would line me up for execution.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #211 on: June 25, 2017, 12:48:36 AM »
So, I guess the plate in my head which keeps me from qualifying for military service I got when I was 8 because the asshole down the street couldn't be bothered to watch where he was going in a subdivision would line me up for execution.

Actually, it just disqualifies you from being a radioman.
You can cook, right?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

chinook

« Reply #212 on: June 25, 2017, 12:54:40 AM »

Do you really think it matters?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #213 on: June 25, 2017, 09:10:20 AM »
Do you really think it matters?

Was told it did at 18 when I spoke with Navy recruiters.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #214 on: June 25, 2017, 09:32:26 AM »
Was told it did at 18 when I spoke with Navy recruiters.

Think a little deeper Clark.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #215 on: June 26, 2017, 09:00:38 AM »
Highlighted are the ones I agree with. The rest are garbage.

So you agree with 13 of the 9 reasons you asked for?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions