Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Philando Castile

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Re: Philando Castile
« Reply #60 on: June 23, 2017, 04:21:31 PM »
I'd like to know more about him fitting the description of a robbery suspect.  I would hope that the actual description given to this and other Officers was presented in court so that it could be presumed by the jury that other Officers would have thought the same thing when they pulled Castile over. 

Having said that, I just watched the video again and it appears the Officer just snapped.  He walked up calmly and was also talking in a calm, professional manner and then boom!  Question for Token.  If you approach a vehicle and notice that the driver fits the description of a robbery suspect or some other crime, do you talk to him at the window like this Officer did or would you immediately have him get out of the car?  Not saying either is right or wrong, just wondering procedurally, what's the proper call?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #61 on: June 23, 2017, 04:23:29 PM »
Another VIDEO. Feel free to ignore the #FakeNews surrounding it.

http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-video-diamond-reynolds-daughter-20170622-story.html

Fucking gut-wrenching.

I must argue that this video is completely irrelevant and prejudicial.   

It offers no insight into the events that led up to the shooting.  It has no bearing on the case. 

I guarantee you that if you had a video of Eva Braun after she watched Hitler commit suicide it would be pretty sad, too. 

This is a clear example allowing your judgments to be colored by feeling rather than being based on fact.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Ogre

« Reply #62 on: June 23, 2017, 04:32:53 PM »
This is a clear example allowing your judgments to be colored by feeling rather than being based on fact.

Why they gotta be colored?  Racist.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

« Reply #63 on: June 23, 2017, 04:57:17 PM »
Question for Token.  If you approach a vehicle and notice that the driver fits the description of a robbery suspect or some other crime, do you talk to him at the window like this Officer did or would you immediately have him get out of the car?  Not saying either is right or wrong, just wondering procedurally, what's the proper call?

This is the gray area I was talking about. 

Depends on the context.  Robbery that just happened? If I feel that strongly that I'm about to stop a robbery suspect then I'm conducting felony take down.  Very good chance nobody involved in this traffic stop gets shot in a felony take down.

Robbery suspect from a previous day BOLO?  Traffic stop and investigate.  Passenger side approach, get a feel for what's going on and go from there.  Something I do different than a lot of people....I don't act like a robot.  I don't have a trained speech that I give from the start of the encounter.  Each encounter is laid back like we are standing in line at the grocery store instead of on a traffic stop.  Innocent people immediately relax in that situation.  Guilty people try to relax but instead shake or immediately light up a cigarette.  If a man openly admits he has a firearm on him, 9 times out of 10 I congratulate him for being a gun owner and go from there.  If I don't feel safe I ask if I can get the gun and make it safe for the traffic stop. 

Treating human beings like human beings goes a long way in life.  Criminal or not.  Traffic stop or not.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #64 on: June 23, 2017, 05:33:20 PM »
I'd like to see a poll result here. Did anyone but CCTAU, Kaos, and WiregrassTiger, who reflexively put themselves on the opposite end of literally anything I say, have any problems interpreting my position? Did anyone besides those three see any indication whatsoever that I was saying every single police shooting involving a black person is inherently and directly the result of racism? Anyone?
I'm "profiling" CCTAU's positions because he completely mischaracterized mine? As evidenced by me stating it again, highlighting specific sentences he willfully ignored?

Silly me for taking:as a condemnation of me and everything I stand for. I should strive to be as clear as CCTAU in my posts, clearly. No where near the level of viciousness associated with suggesting his monitor may not be functioning properly since he missed my repeated statements completely counter to the box he was trying to put me in.

Clearly, I'm the bad guy here.

:taunt:
I rarely read your stuff. But you best quit typing my name but if you insist on addressing me, make it Mr. WT.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #65 on: June 23, 2017, 07:25:15 PM »
This is one of those times that the police officer, Jeronimo Yanez, should've been nailed with manslaughter, dangerous discharge of a firearm, and be behind bars for the rest of his life.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #66 on: June 23, 2017, 07:29:22 PM »
Reply #11 of this thread took it down the racism road. It didn't need to go there, but for some people, it can't be helped!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #67 on: June 24, 2017, 01:19:31 AM »
This is one of those times that the police officer, Jeronimo Yanez, should've been nailed with manslaughter, dangerous discharge of a firearm, and be behind bars for the rest of his life.

Neither you nor Chizad were there when it happened.  You weren't there for the trial. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #68 on: June 24, 2017, 06:57:03 PM »
Neither you nor Chizad were there when it happened.  You weren't there for the trial. 

No one said they were there when it happened or there for the trial, but going by the testimony, hearing the audio, and watching the videos, it's pretty clear that the officer should be held accountable.

Maybe you should listen to the testimony.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2017, 02:52:39 AM by The Prowler »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #69 on: June 25, 2017, 04:57:24 PM »
.  I don't have a trained speech that I give from the start of the encounter.  Each encounter is laid back like we are standing in line at the grocery store
Translation:
"Hey Nagger, look me in the eye when I talk, boy. The sign says 10 items or less."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #70 on: June 26, 2017, 08:41:16 AM »
Not bullshit, Chizad. 

He responded with what he understood as your position.  You responded by being an ass and making smart ass comments about him being unable to read what you had written.  Have you ever considered the fact that what you actually intend may not be nearly as clear in writing as it is when you thought it in your head? 

I'm trying to be the shepherd, Ringo.  Your trigger is hairy, though. 

I made a joke -- a joke, son, get it? -- in one thread because you used the Washington Post.  You were so ready to suffuse yourself with indignant rage it flew right over your head. 

I'm saying dial it back.  You refuse to accept the idea of profiling even as it pertains to this shooting incident.  Yet you profile CCT.  You profile moi.  You assume our what positions will be and respond based on that profiled assumption regardless of what the actual response may be.

If we're truly trying to clean up the bombast in this part of the forum, you can't take your snarky little shots at people and then claim to have no blood on your hands when the discourse goes awry.

I don't want to get into the shit throwing, but it is not hard to "assume" what yours and CCTAU's position will be (along with many others on here), and it has nothing to do with "profiling"...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #71 on: June 26, 2017, 09:52:47 AM »
I don't want to get into the shit throwing, but it is not hard to "assume" what yours and CCTAU's position will be (along with many others on here), and it has nothing to do with "profiling"...

That's racist.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions