Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Bernie Sanders Under Investigation

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
Bernie Sanders Under Investigation
« on: June 24, 2017, 01:51:11 PM »
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/bernie-and-jane-sanders-under-fbi-investigation-for-bank-fraud-hire-lawyers/?ftag=CNM-00-10aab7e&linkId=39061383

Bernie and Jane Sanders, under FBI investigation for bank fraud, hire lawyers
 173 Comment   Share   Tweet   Stumble   Email
Last Updated Jun 24, 2017 10:26 AM EDT

Sen. Bernie Sanders, I-Vt., and his wife, Jane Sanders have hired prominent defense attorneys amid an FBI investigation into a loan Jane Sanders obtained to expand Burlington College while she was its president, CBS News confirms.

Politico Magazine first reported the Sanders had hired lawyers to defend them in the probe. Sanders' top adviser Jeff Weaver told CBS News the couple has sought legal protection over federal agents' allegations from a January 2016 complaint accusing then-President of Burlington College, Ms. Sanders, of distorting donor levels in a 2010 loan application for $10 million from People's United Bank to purchase 33 acres of land for the institution.

According to Politico, prosecutors might also be looking into allegations that Sen. Sanders' office inappropriately urged the bank to approve the loan.

Burlington attorney and Sanders supporter Rich Cassidy has reportedly been hired to represent Sen. Sanders. And high-profile Washington defense attorney Larry Robbins, who counseled Libby "Scooter" Robbins, former Chief of Staff for the Vice President, is protecting Jane Sanders.

Ms. Sanders' push for the liberal arts college's costly land acquisition was cited in a press release by the college when it shut down in 2016.

Brady Toensing of Burlington, the man responsible for the claims filed to the U.S. attorney for Vermont, was a chairman for the Trump campaign in his state.

"I filed a request for an investigation in January 2016 and an investigation appears to have been started right away," he said in an email to CBS News. "It was started under President Obama, his Attorney General, and his U.S. Attorney, all of whom are Democrats."

"My only hope is for a fair, impartial, and thorough investigation," Toensing added.

Weaver told CBS News that Toensing's claim that Sen. Sanders used his influence to lobby for the loan is a "political charge" that is "baseless" and "false."

And as for the claim that Ms. Sanders manipulated the loan application, Weaver  said, "The loan was approved by the financial board at the college."

Sen. Sanders, formerly mayor of Burlington, Vermont's largest city, regards the claims as a political game levied against him after his run for president in the 2016 primary election, a platform which has transformed the small-state senator into an influential voice in American liberal politics.
RESEARCH!

MIC DROP!

IMPEACH!

In all seriousness, of all four of the finalists, only ONE has not been under FBI investigation since the election...

:facepalm:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Re: Bernie Sanders Under Investigation
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2017, 02:11:37 PM »
I could investigate a ham sandwich.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2017, 03:23:50 PM »
Bernie and his bern bots

:rofl:  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2017, 04:03:17 PM »
He hired a lawyer! Guilty bastard.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

chinook

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2017, 05:14:50 PM »
He hired a lawyer! Guilty bastard.

Yep.  He's guilty as sin.  I know.  I have a grandpa story I can share if you want...?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2017, 06:28:37 PM »
"Brady Toensing of Burlington, the man responsible for the claims filed to the U.S. attorney for Vermont, was a chairman for the Trump campaign in his state."

Yeah...nothing fishy about that. Happened 7 years ago and was approved by the financial board. So, CBS and Politico are real news now.

"My only hope is for a fair, impartial, and thorough investigation," Toensing added.

^^This^^
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Token

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2017, 06:32:21 PM »
"Brady Toensing of Burlington, the man responsible for the claims filed to the U.S. attorney for Vermont, was a chairman for the Trump campaign in his state."

Yeah...nothing fishy about that. Happened 7 years ago and was approved by the financial board. So, CBS and Politico are real news now.

^^This^^

But why did he hire a lawyer?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2017, 06:45:30 PM »
But why did he hire a lawyer?
Is Politico real news?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2017, 09:34:25 PM »
Is Politico real news?

So you're saying he didn't hire a lawyer?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2017, 09:53:11 PM »
Meh. This sounds like  :hammer:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2017, 01:34:37 AM »
So you're saying he didn't hire a lawyer?
Is Politico real news? It's a simple question that I've asked three times now.

First of all, most of this is old news. The only thing new about it is the part where one of Trump's former campaign chairmen alleged that Bernie Sanders might've used his office as a way to urge the bank to approve the loan 7 years ago (hint: nothing will come of it, Trump just wants the headline "Bernie Sanders FBI Investigation". Mainly this is because Bernie Sanders is still doing his job as Senator and pushing back against Trump and his horrible TrumpCare bill. Also, Sanders still has a massive following).

Doesn't change the fact that the FBI is actually investigating Trump, his administration, and his campaign staff.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2017, 01:46:07 AM by The Prowler »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2017, 09:36:16 AM »
Is Politico real news? It's a simple question that I've asked three times now.

First of all, most of this is old news. The only thing new about it is the part where one of Trump's former campaign chairmen alleged that Bernie Sanders might've used his office as a way to urge the bank to approve the loan 7 years ago (hint: nothing will come of it, Trump just wants the headline "Bernie Sanders FBI Investigation". Mainly this is because Bernie Sanders is still doing his job as Senator and pushing back against Trump and his horrible TrumpCare bill. Also, Sanders still has a massive following).

Doesn't change the fact that the FBI is actually investigating Trump, his administration, and his campaign staff.

You raise an interesting point here. Politico resides in the same space as Gawker, TMZ, Yahoo!, and other entities like Rivals (instant access and 'news') meant to be consumed quickly and discarded just as quickly. These places exist to tell a story but they grab you with the headline and, fair or not, most people don't read beyond the headline. This gives enormous power to these folks who write the headlines. And most of them have abused that to the point that it is hard to trust anything we might see there. Some of it, not all, some of it is good, investigative journalism. However, the stigma of the "clickbait" tag keeps most from taking it seriously.

Also, is there an investigation? I keep hearing and seeing there is not one but, again, how can one know what to trust?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg