Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Bama Cheatin' Again...

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
Bama Cheatin' Again...
« on: April 04, 2016, 02:48:05 PM »
http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/04/03/alabama-appealing-indefinite-ncaa-suspension-for-db-tony-brown/
Alabama appealing indefinite NCAA suspension for DB Tony Brown

By John Taylor
Apr 3, 2016, 5:26 PM EDT   

A relatively quiet offseason for the defending national champions has suddenly gotten a little louder.

According to the Tuscaloosa News, Alabama defensive back Tony Brown has been indefinitely suspended by the NCAA. “The university has appealed and is awaiting a decision,” the News writes.

There is no official word on the reason or reasons behind the suspension, although the speculation is that it pertains to some sort of impermissible benefits/contacts.

In December of last year, Brown was sent home from the Cotton Bowl for a violation of team rules.  It was subsequently reported that Brown had started a fight with a teammate during the College Football Playoff semifinal and the Tide’s leadership council decided to send him home.  That incident also led Brown to miss the win over Clemson in the national championship game.

Brown, a five-star 2014 signee, was arrested in mid-January of last year on charges of failure to obey and resisting arrest, although he managed to escape Nick Saban’s doghouse that time and tie for the lead in special teams tackles in the regular season.  Provided he can get past this latest hurdle, Brown’s expected to compete for a starting job.

For what it’s worth, Brown has participated throughout the first half of the Tide’s spring practice sessions.

Or as BamaHammer puts it:
http://www.rollbamaroll.com/2016/4/3/11357274/breaking-tony-brown-facing-indefinite-ncaa-suspension
Ordinarily, indefinite suspension is something you hear with regards to impermissible benefits or contacts. Given Saban's "good kids can make bad decisions and be in the wrong place with wrong people" statements, I would imagine that is what we're looking at here.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Ogre

Re: Bama Cheatin' Again...
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2016, 03:02:15 PM »
Not to worry.  The NCAA will reverse its decision and issue a public written apology to the University of Alabama and Nick Saban himself by Friday.  They will then place the offending NCAA compliance officer on unpaid leave pending investigation.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2016, 03:49:08 PM »
Any word on if the backdated letter has been sent out to the booster who may or may not have given him a car/cash/suit?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2016, 03:58:06 PM »
Any word on if the backdated letter has been sent out to the booster who may or may not have given him a car/cash/suit?

No need.  That booster ceaseded and desisteded.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2016, 05:05:15 PM »
The compliance office athletic department has conducted a thorough 6 hour investigation into the matter and determined that no wrongdoing has occurred.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2016, 05:20:03 PM »
Was he even on the Sugar Bowl roster anyway?  I think it's just a misunderstanding.  A cease and desist letter was sent in 2009.  She probably deserved it anyways.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2016, 05:21:58 PM »
http://www.al.com/alabamafootball/index.ssf/2016/04/investigation_finds_calvin_ridley.html#incart_river_mobileshort_home_pop

Short version:

Calvin Ridley not involved in cheating!! 

Yes. There was cheating.  But neither Calvin nor UA knew.  Nothing to see. All is well.  Do not panic.  It's over. 

Thanks, John Talty

Could you imagine the mud al.com would throw at a similar story involving an Auburn player?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2016, 05:33:45 PM »
So Ridley knew absolutely nothing about his coach setting up a scam to get a fake ID made and have somebody take the ACT in his place?  When exactly was he going to tell Ridley?

"Oh hey, that ACT thing....you good.  I gotcha' covered, dog." 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2016, 06:10:43 PM »
http://www.al.com/alabamafootball/index.ssf/2016/04/investigation_finds_calvin_ridley.html#incart_river_mobileshort_home_pop

Short version:

Calvin Ridley not involved in cheating!! 

Yes. There was cheating.  But neither Calvin nor UA knew.  Nothing to see. All is well.  Do not panic.  It's over. 

Thanks, John Talty

Could you imagine the mud al.com would throw at a similar story involving an Auburn player?
AL.com swept that one up before I even had a chance to hear about it...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2016, 07:37:21 PM »
So Ridley knew absolutely nothing about his coach setting up a scam to get a fake ID made and have somebody take the ACT in his place?  When exactly was he going to tell Ridley?

"Oh hey, that ACT thing....you good.  I gotcha' covered, dog."

There is a Lifetime movie in this
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2016, 07:38:05 PM »
There is a Lifetime movie in this

Only if there was a rape involved.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2016, 07:52:46 PM »
Or a good choking at least.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2016, 10:54:54 PM »

You said "rape" twice.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2016, 11:16:36 PM »
You said "rape" twice.

I like rape.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2016, 02:48:51 PM »
Daphne, where Glen Vickery has been on the Tide payroll for quite some time before is ignominious ouster,  hired a new football coach. 

Former Alabama player Kenny King.

King, 34, has been an assistant coach at Hamilton High in Chandler, Ariz., for the last three years where he has worked with the defensive line. He has also been the head freshman coach.

He played on the defensive line for current AHSAA executive director (and raging Bama homer) Steve Savarese at Daphne and graduated in 1999.

No head coaching experience. No coordinator experience. Unqualified for the position given some of the other applicants that were available.  Epic fail on the part of Daphne except for the fact that they keep their Bama pipeline open. 

The beat goes on as evidenced by this exchange at the Baldwin BOE:

Prior to the approval vote, Board member Tony Myrick sparked a brief discussion by asking about King’s teaching qualifications. He was assured that King had a teaching certificate in Arizona, and Tyler said he met all the qualifications to be hired in the state of Alabama.

“It’s not unusual at any board meeting for that question to arise,” Tyler said. “You vet all the candidates closely. You look through all the qualifications. Alabama is like a lot of states. We have a reciprocity process, and that takes some time. Alabama seems to be a little more cumbersome than others. As long as we get word that all the paperwork lines up, we submit it to the board for approval, and that is what happened in this case.”

Board member Cecil Christenberry brought a humorous end to the discussion, by joking with Myrick, “Kenny has a degree from Alabama. I thought that would satisfy you.”

“Well, you are right, Mr. Christenberry. Roll Tide,” Myrick said.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2016, 03:06:03 PM by Kaos »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Six

• My Linktree
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2016, 03:51:32 PM »
Daphne, where Glen Vickery has been on the Tide payroll for quite some time before is ignominious ouster,  hired a new football coach. 

Former Alabama player Kenny King.

King, 34, has been an assistant coach at Hamilton High in Chandler, Ariz., for the last three years where he has worked with the defensive line. He has also been the head freshman coach.

He played on the defensive line for current AHSAA executive director (and raging Bama homer) Steve Savarese at Daphne and graduated in 1999.

No head coaching experience. No coordinator experience. Unqualified for the position given some of the other applicants that were available.  Epic fail on the part of Daphne except for the fact that they keep their Bama pipeline open. 

The beat goes on as evidenced by this exchange at the Baldwin BOE:

Prior to the approval vote, Board member Tony Myrick sparked a brief discussion by asking about King’s teaching qualifications. He was assured that King had a teaching certificate in Arizona, and Tyler said he met all the qualifications to be hired in the state of Alabama.

“It’s not unusual at any board meeting for that question to arise,” Tyler said. “You vet all the candidates closely. You look through all the qualifications. Alabama is like a lot of states. We have a reciprocity process, and that takes some time. Alabama seems to be a little more cumbersome than others. As long as we get word that all the paperwork lines up, we submit it to the board for approval, and that is what happened in this case.”

Board member Cecil Christenberry brought a humorous end to the discussion, by joking with Myrick, “Kenny has a degree from Alabama. I thought that would satisfy you.”

“Well, you are right, Mr. Christenberry. Roll Tide,” Myrick said.

That whole county of Bammerholes should sink into the Gulf.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2016, 05:26:33 PM »
That whole county of Bammerholes should sink into the Gulf.

The Dismukes family says go fuck yourself.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Six

• My Linktree
« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2016, 06:42:56 PM »
The Dismukes family says go fudge yourself.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions