Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

It's just Earth and Wind now

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
It's just Earth and Wind now
« on: February 05, 2016, 01:08:40 AM »
http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/music/2016/02/04/earth-wind-fires-maurice-white-shining-star-rb/79846532/

Holy FUCK, the reaper is mowing down my musical youth. 

Maurice White, founder of one of my favorite bands of all time dead at 74.  Add that to Glenn Frey?  Half of what I listened to in the 70s is down. 

Loved EWF.  I know Maurice hasn't been with the touring band since he had Parkinson's back in the mid 90s, but he was still the element of fire in EWF. 

I'm glad I got to see them perform when he was still with the band.  Same with Frey. 

This is starting to hurt.  It's starting to take people whose music meant something profound to me. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

chinook

Re: It's just Earth and Wind now
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2016, 02:54:11 PM »
Earth, Wind and Ashes...

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2016, 03:01:46 PM »
Earth, Wind and Ashes...

I swear, sometimes you can post some of the most......AWESOME stuff.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2016, 03:06:12 PM »
When I was a senior in HS, we had finals and got out one Friday about lunch.  Me and couple of buddies went down to the Montgomery Civic Center when we got out and walked in like we worked there.  Walked up to the stage to check it out because they were setting up for Earth, Wind & (At that time) Fire.

There, laying on the stage right in front of us, was the Shining Star, ready to be hoisted up into the rafters.  We touched it.  OOOOOOOooooooo.......

If that's not the coolest story, bro....I don't know what is.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2016, 03:30:27 PM »
Saw them in Atlanta, the opening was something I will never forget, 70's fog machine rolling out the smoke, over the loud speaker some guy says something along the lines of about the beginning of time there were three elements. Earth (the whole stage rumbled) Wind (fans from somewhere turned on) and FIRE, and it felt like the whole stage erupted in a blast. I think the Commodores open for them.  :thumsup:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'