Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

A coup of biblical proportions (HS football)

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
A coup of biblical proportions (HS football)
« on: February 16, 2016, 11:46:10 AM »
Pell City hired Keith Etheridge and the entire coaching staff from Leeds. Etheridge led the Greenwave to 4 state championships while compiling a 107-34 overall record.

Panther football is coming back, baw!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Re: A coup of biblical proportions (HS football)
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2016, 11:51:24 AM »
Pell City hired Keith Etheridge and the entire coaching staff from Leeds. Etheridge led the Greenwave to 4 state championships while compiling a 107-34 overall record.

Panther football is coming back, baw!

Well, crap.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2016, 11:58:38 AM »
I thought Pell City was the Tigers.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2016, 12:02:15 PM »
I thought Pell City was the Tigers.
The way they've played the last 10 years, they should be the Polecats.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2016, 12:05:34 PM »
The way they've played the last 10 years, they should be the Polecats.

Don't know anything about that area.  I'm assuming Leeds and Pell City are relatively close in proximity?  Fairly unusual for an entire staff to move with a head corch in H.S. foosballz. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2016, 12:11:25 PM »
Don't know anything about that area.  I'm assuming Leeds and Pell City are relatively close in proximity?  Fairly unusual for an entire staff to move with a head corch in H.S. foosballz.
11 miles, as the crow flies.  Pell City and Leeds used to be big rivals before we had a growth spurt and moved up to 6A back in the early 90s.

Word is that Coach Etheridge and the school board had a spat, and he told them to pack sand. Pell City swooped in and snatched him up immediately. His entire staff came along for the ride.

His stats at Leeds were over a 10 year period. They were state runners up 2 other years - so his team was in the state championship game 6 of the 10 years he was there.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2016, 12:31:18 PM »
Damn this thread for tricking me for 0.5 seconds into thinking something not terrible happened at Auburn recently...

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2016, 12:38:19 PM »
11 miles, as the crow flies.  Pell City and Leeds used to be big rivals before we had a growth spurt and moved up to 6A back in the early 90s.

Word is that Coach Etheridge and the school board had a spat, and he told them to pack sand. Pell City swooped in and snatched him up immediately. His entire staff came along for the ride.

His stats at Leeds were over a 10 year period. They were state runners up 2 other years - so his team was in the state championship game 6 of the 10 years he was there.

That would be damn'd impressive, right there. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2016, 01:09:32 PM »
If he can get 5% of it in Pell City, he will be a frigging magician. His greatest challenge is instilling a winning attitude in the team. He has to turn those timid housecats into bloodthirsty killers.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2016, 01:59:45 PM »
He has to turn those timid housecats into bloodthirsty killers.

I've found that if you put them in small cages, disturb their sleep cycles for about two weeks and starve them over that same period of time, they'll claw your face off.

Another alternative is to try to put them out a car window. Ever tried to shove a cat out the window of a moving car?  I don't advise it. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2016, 02:07:22 PM »
Good move for the coaches. Nobody even has to sell their home and move. 11 miles is nothing.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2016, 03:00:16 PM »
If he can get 5% of it in Pell City, he will be a frigging magician. His greatest challenge is instilling a winning attitude in the team. He has to turn those timid housecats into bloodthirsty killers.

Did they fire the whole previous staff at Pell City? or they take lateral moves to other schools?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2016, 03:49:16 PM »
Did they fire the whole previous staff at Pell City? or they take lateral moves to other schools?
The previous coach was let go after a 3 year stint. He was the 3rd coach in 5 years for us. To Pell City's credit though, one of the others was fired for refusing to  fire a member of his staff for sending inappropriate texts to school aged poon.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2016, 03:50:49 PM »
The previous coach was let go after a 3 year stint. He was the 3rd coach in 5 years for us. To Pell City's credit though, one of the others was fired for refusing to  fire a member of his staff for sending inappropriate texts to school aged poon.

Been a lot of that going on in the Wiregrass lately.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2016, 03:52:35 PM »

Way to stand up for your coaches, I say.  Or, maybe he hoped to get in on a devils 3-way?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

dallaswareagle

« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2016, 04:16:35 PM »

Well, who hasn't :bamahomer: He should have been fired.

and

What would appropriate text be to school age poon?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2016, 04:20:25 PM »
Well, who hasn't :bamahomer: He should have been fired.

and

"Your homework was due today little Missy. See me after school for discipline"!

Or so I'm told.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2016, 04:23:56 PM »
"Your homework was due today little Missy. See me after school for discipline"!

Or so I'm told.

Extra credit.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2016, 04:26:50 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2016, 04:32:57 PM »
Cindy - You got an "A' on your science project. I had no idea that dryed out crayons could be remoisturized in such a manner. Good job!  -  Coach

P.S. I have to keep the crayon.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions