Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Wide Open

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Wide Open
« on: February 18, 2016, 10:06:57 PM »
As we come down the stretch run of the college B-ball season, I honestly don't recall a championship more up for grabs than this one.  I know I've said something similar in the past but it always seemed there were at least a couple of teams that looked to be considered favorites going in.  You kind of had an idea of who most of the #1 seeds would be.  This year?  No...freakin'....way.  Never seen so much parrott-ee as there is right now.  As crazy as it sounds, you can look at the current polls and say I could easily see #22 winning it as easily as #2.  Two weeks ago, I was actually considering not putting my Dukies in the Final 4.  They couldn't win a game.  Now, they're coming off 3 straight wins against ranked opponents, 2 of them on the road against top 10 foes.  (Duke is toast.  Lost another starter last night to injury.  Literally playing now with 5 guys)  Here's one poll (CBS).  Look at the top 25 and tell me who you would definitely count out. 

Kansas 22-4
Villanova 23-3
Oklahoma 20-5
Virginia 21-5
Maryland 22-4
Iowa 20-6
Mich. State 21-5
Xavier 23-3
Miami 21-4
Notre Dame 18-7
West Virginia 20-6
Iowa State 18-8
Duke 20-6
Texas 17-9
Louisville 20-6
North Carolina 21-5
Purdue 21-6
Oregon 20-6
Kentucky 19-6
Dayton 21-4
Baylor 19-7
Utah 19-7
Arizona 20-5
SMU 21-3
Indiana 21-6

I said early in the year to watch out for Miami.  Complete team.  They started out strong and then hit some bumps in the road and everyone kind of lost sight of them.  Woops, look up and they're top 10 at 21-4.  Arizona is another one to watch.  Bottom of the top 25 but suddenly playing well.  Don't sleep on Kentucky.  They look like they're starting to put it together down the stretch. 

This tournament is going to be a damn war and fun to watch.  So many evenly matched teams.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2016, 10:41:27 PM by Snaggletiger »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."