Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Where does the GOP stand?

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
Re: Where does the GOP stand?
« Reply #40 on: February 16, 2016, 03:53:00 PM »
I KNOW the left will continue to ruin it. There is proof of that.

I, nor you, have any idea what Trump will do.

That is in and of itself is scary. But the perfect storm has come. The establishment created this monster, not Trump. I don't think folks are so high on Trump as they are down on ANYONE who has held office.

You don't sound as high on Trump as you were a month ago. That's promising. Baby steps.

You are right though on the second part. Mark Levin said as much too. I value his opinion highly. People get so emotionally upset with the establishment and Obama that they swing in an equally bad direction with a guy like Trump.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #41 on: February 16, 2016, 03:54:07 PM »
You didn't put in on this.....man!

Weed is from the earth. God put this here for me and you.

edit above post: glaucoma cataracts.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #42 on: February 16, 2016, 03:54:40 PM »

Weed is from the earth. God put this here for me and you.

edit above post: glaucoma cataracts.

Take advantage, Craig.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #43 on: February 16, 2016, 03:56:50 PM »
If I could see you, I'd hit you in the forehead so hard.

Oh, yeah?  I will kick you in your bad knee you old geezer. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #44 on: February 16, 2016, 03:58:27 PM »
Why didn't Johnson run on the GOP side? There may have been an opening for him this year. Esp seeing how well Kasich has done.
Because he's not a Republican.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #45 on: February 16, 2016, 03:59:40 PM »
Oh, yeah?  I will kick you in your bad knee you old geezer.

Which one?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #46 on: February 16, 2016, 04:03:31 PM »
Because he's not a Republican.

Neither is Paul, but he gave it a go and ended up on the stage for the debate.

I think the point is that you have to play the part, at least in the beginning, to get some notoriety.  Fucked up as that is.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #47 on: February 16, 2016, 04:11:51 PM »
You don't sound as high on Trump as you were a month ago. That's promising. Baby steps.

You are right though on the second part. Mark Levin said as much too. I value his opinion highly. People get so emotionally upset with the establishment and Obama that they swing in an equally bad direction with a guy like Trump.

Its the same stuff I said a month ago, you were just so full of Trump hate, you did not hear.

Like I said, I am watching and waiting.
I don't LOVE Trump. But I'm not convinced he is as bad as the left either.

We are where we are due to people holding on to their little part.
For example. Now that gay marriage is here, there are a lot of folks who let that go and accept candidates without having to broach that issue. So guys like Trump can be looked at from a different angle, rather than through pro marriage eyes.
Times are calling for a more moderate republican candidate. Trump knows what he is doing. He is campaigning to the "wants".
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

GH2001

« Reply #48 on: February 17, 2016, 11:37:30 AM »
Its the same stuff I said a month ago, you were just so full of Trump hate, you did not hear.

Like I said, I am watching and waiting.
I don't LOVE Trump. But I'm not convinced he is as bad as the left either.

We are where we are due to people holding on to their little part.
For example. Now that gay marriage is here, there are a lot of folks who let that go and accept candidates without having to broach that issue. So guys like Trump can be looked at from a different angle, rather than through pro marriage eyes.
Times are calling for a more moderate republican candidate. Trump knows what he is doing. He is campaigning to the "wants".

Trump is a populist.

Populists typical aren't ideologues. So yes, that is correct.

Fwiw- if you look back at the summer and fall, I didn't hate Trump. He was saying the right things. It sounded great at first. Then you kind of wake up and realize that the guy is full of shit. Same broken record every day. Same talking points. One day it clicked that this guy was a phony. I guess it takes hearing him several times saying the same generic non substantive talking points to realize there is nothing there. He's Oz behind the curtain. You point out facts or some hard truths on his authoritarian record then he makes threats and stomps up and down like a spoiled brat, calls names, changes topics, insults people.

The side show gets old. It's cute at first but wears thin. Kinda like the jerry springer show.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #49 on: February 17, 2016, 01:13:52 PM »
Trump is a populist.

Populists typical aren't ideologues. So yes, that is correct.

Fwiw- if you look back at the summer and fall, I didn't hate Trump. He was saying the right things. It sounded great at first. Then you kind of wake up and realize that the guy is full of shit. Same broken record every day. Same talking points. One day it clicked that this guy was a phony. I guess it takes hearing him several times saying the same generic non substantive talking points to realize there is nothing there. He's Oz behind the curtain. You point out facts or some hard truths on his authoritarian record then he makes threats and stomps up and down like a spoiled brat, calls names, changes topics, insults people.

The side show gets old. It's cute at first but wears thin. Kinda like the jerry springer show.

The word populist doesn't scare me.  George C. Wallace was a populist.  He would have made a fantastic president. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #50 on: February 17, 2016, 08:19:54 PM »
The word populist doesn't scare me.  George C. Wallace was a populist.  He would have made a fantastic president.
How about fascist?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #51 on: February 17, 2016, 08:20:58 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #52 on: February 17, 2016, 11:16:40 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #53 on: February 18, 2016, 10:34:16 AM »
How about fascist?

You know nothing Jon Snow. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

jmar

« Reply #54 on: February 18, 2016, 12:19:24 PM »
Trump has been busy working over the Bush legacy and the unlikeable hothead, Cruz. He's saving Rubio because he's going to need him if he intends to finish. Just has to allow him to be annointed by the religious south as its man of conviction and faith. Just sayin'.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #55 on: February 18, 2016, 03:39:27 PM »
Trump has been busy working over the Bush legacy and the unlikeable hothead, Cruz. He's saving Rubio because he's going to need him if he intends to finish. Just has to allow him to be annointed by the religious south as its man of conviction and faith. Just sayin'.

Calling Cruz a hothead from the trump perspective? Holy shit I've heard it all now.

Of course most on here agree you are about as coherent and logical as Otis Campbell on a Saturday night.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

GH2001

« Reply #56 on: February 18, 2016, 03:40:29 PM »
How about fascist?

Most fascists are populist. It's their appeal. Communists aren't quite as charming.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

jmar

« Reply #57 on: February 18, 2016, 04:58:09 PM »
Calling Cruz a hothead from the trump perspective? Holy shit I've heard it all now.

Of course most on here agree you are about as coherent and logical as Otis Campbell on a Saturday night.
I don't think Trump is a hothead. Petty and insulting yes.
Cruz is a hothead.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #58 on: February 18, 2016, 05:34:02 PM »

And sorry I touched on a nerve merely by pointing out what I have seen and read about your boy Ted. I'm sure he has some good qualities.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #59 on: February 18, 2016, 05:41:00 PM »
And sorry I touched on a nerve merely by pointing out what I have seen and read about your boy Ted. I'm sure he has some good qualities.

You just hate him because he's Hispanic.

Racist!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions