Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Over 40 ball?

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
Re: Over 40 ball?
« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2016, 12:32:55 PM »
He red you ever miss a call?   I say nope, the play didn't develop to my call. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

chinook

« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2016, 12:42:27 PM »

you're a ginger?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2016, 12:45:06 PM »

I never got the fun ones.  It was more (at a little league game of 10-12'yearolds):

Oh JESUS CHRIST!  What the HELL were you looking at?  That ball was CLEARLY HIGH.  STRIKE?  Are you FUCKING kidding me?  Who's paying you? Have you lost your mind?  OUT? OUT? Look at the GODDAM play next time you jackass."  And then grandpa would tell grandma to settle down. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2016, 01:06:42 PM »
Hey Ump, I thought only horses slept standing up.
Hey ump! You should have made that call on your knees because you blew it!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #24 on: February 15, 2016, 01:12:15 PM »
I never got the fun ones.  It was more (at a little league game of 10-12'yearolds):

Oh JESUS CHRIST!  What the HELL were you looking at?  That ball was CLEARLY HIGH.  STRIKE?  Are you FUCKING kidding me?  Who's paying you? Have you lost your mind?  OUT? OUT? Look at the GODDAM play next time you jackass."  And then grandpa would tell grandma to settle down.

We have been lucky here where I live. We developed a Dizzy dean park here in the community that does not allow that type of behavior. You can give the ump a hard time. But the first sign of foul language, you are gone. And that will be from the park officials and the fans. If you disparage a player directly, you will be asked to leave.
It makes for a competitive league and a fairly respectable one. We have folks move in and start with the trash. It only takes about one game to set them straight.

I grew up in P'ville where the daddy and the sons would wait for the ump after the game. That shit sickens me.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

dallaswareagle

« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2016, 01:15:14 PM »
you're a ginger?

I like to think of myself more of a "Mary Ann". 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

dallaswareagle

« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2016, 01:18:44 PM »
We have been lucky here where I live. We developed a Dizzy dean park here in the community that does not allow that type of behavior. You can give the ump a hard time. But the first sign of foul language, you are gone. And that will be from the park officials and the fans. If you disparage a player directly, you will be asked to leave.
It makes for a competitive league and a fairly respectable one. We have folks move in and start with the trash. It only takes about one game to set them straight.

I grew up in P'ville where the daddy and the sons would wait for the ump after the game. That shit sickens me.

The competition for the Softball Dollar around here is pretty bad, with parks selling beer to the players that they can have in the dugout things can get pretty bad. I quit doing Saturday nights because if I was going to deal with drunks, I was going to be one of them.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #27 on: February 15, 2016, 01:30:25 PM »
The competition for the Softball Dollar around here is pretty bad, with parks selling beer to the players that they can have in the dugout things can get pretty bad. I quit doing Saturday nights because if I was going to deal with drunks, I was going to be one of them.   

^^^REALLY?^^^

Hole cow. Just begging for trouble.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #28 on: February 15, 2016, 01:31:16 PM »
:thumsup:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #29 on: February 15, 2016, 03:35:57 PM »

I've done it for 20 years now, from the lowest level all the to the Major's and world series down in Disney. It use to be fun and we get $19.00 a game. Now it is a 50 minute bitch session in most leagues and especially Tournaments. I have backed off to just two nights week. It pays for my golf.
I don't blame you for continuing. In your case, the hatred continues regardless of your uniform or circumstance.

You may as well become a cop.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

dallaswareagle

« Reply #30 on: February 15, 2016, 04:04:12 PM »

^^^REALLY?^^^

Hole cow. Just begging for trouble.

If your talking about the beer? As much as I hated it while I was umpiring its a cash cow for the complexes. Pitcher of beer with a bag of ice in it (last time I looked) was $12.00, got 10 to 12 players per team with 4 to 5 pitchers of beer about every 30 minutes. You get about 5 regular cups of beer out of the pitcher.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #31 on: February 15, 2016, 05:17:46 PM »
Hey ump! You should have made that call on your knees because you blew it!

Hey Ump, what were you, a lookout.. at Pearl Harbor?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #32 on: February 15, 2016, 05:42:00 PM »
Hey Ump, what were you, a lookout.. at Pearl Harbor?
Hey ump! You'd better get a hammer and some nails because that plate is movin' around!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #33 on: February 15, 2016, 08:28:49 PM »
Hey ump! You'd better get a hammer and some nails because that plate is movin' around!

Hey Ump, they started putting your calls on the back of milk cartons.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #34 on: February 15, 2016, 10:52:11 PM »
Hey Ump, they started putting your calls on the back of milk cartons.
Hey ump! You couldn't make the right call if you had a phone book!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #35 on: February 15, 2016, 11:03:03 PM »
Hey ump! You couldn't make the right call if you had a phone book!

Hey Ump, you're making more bad calls than a telemarketer.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #36 on: February 16, 2016, 01:37:46 AM »

You know as well as I do it all depends on the park you are at. In our league the shit calls when we play Gardendale. Some of that comes from the Rocket Homers who can't stand the fact Clay has owned their ass in the MS and HS ranks.

Football I will say is much worse than baseball....in this areas at least. Baseball is the big boy for youth but the shitty comes more into play with football. I have literally watched the eyes of some hometown ref and his eyes as he saw the same outcome as I and still call a foul because he lived in Gardendale. Money in the pocket, that is all.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #37 on: February 16, 2016, 07:45:33 AM »
Hey Ump, you're making more bad calls than a telemarketer.
Hey ump! Carmen Sandiego just called. She can't find your strike zone!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #38 on: February 16, 2016, 08:54:01 AM »
Flip that plate over, the instructions are on the other side.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #39 on: February 16, 2016, 09:13:38 AM »
Actual A.J. Pierzinski ejection insult.

"Hey ump, give me a new ball.  One you can see."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions