Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Making a Murderer

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
Making a Murderer
« on: February 04, 2016, 06:41:34 PM »
One of the most intriguing documentaries I've ever seen. If you like documentaries and law stuff, you'll love this.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
Re: Making a Murderer
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2016, 07:45:44 PM »
It was good.  I've seen some counter-argument sites arguing about evidence that wasn't revealed in the Netflix doc...but...

If half the shit that the prosecution/judiciary/PD pulled is accurate, then the guy is due a new trial just on those bases.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2016, 06:41:22 AM »
I tried to watch it but it was too painful....Looked like a bunch of Bama fans.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2016, 11:26:51 AM »
It was good.  I've seen some counter-argument sites arguing about evidence that wasn't revealed in the Netflix doc...but...

If half the shit that the prosecution/judiciary/PD pulled is accurate, then the guy is due a new trial just on those bases.

I am curious about perspectives from lawyers.

After reading the extra info that the documentary chose to leave out, I'm fairly certain he killed her. If I'm on a jury and I'm fairly certain he killed her but it's evident that there's some bullshit involved in the investigation, I'm going to still vote guilty.

Brendan was the actual sad part of the doc. It should have been more focused on him honestly.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2016, 06:08:52 PM »
I am curious about perspectives from lawyers.

After reading the extra info that the documentary chose to leave out, I'm fairly certain he killed her. If I'm on a jury and I'm fairly certain he killed her but it's evident that there's some bullshit involved in the investigation, I'm going to still vote guilty.

Brendan was the actual sad part of the doc. It should have been more focused on him honestly.
I stopped watching it after they sentenced Brendan to Life. Did they not watch or listen to the interrogations or watch the video of him writing down what happened that day, only to have the investigator (through direction of Brendan's former defense attorney, who I have zero doubt was paid off, that told the investigator it was okay to interrogate him without him being present) tell him "you're lying, that's not what happened...now draw a picture of what happened, draw her being tied to the bed (no rope fiber or scuffings were found on the bed posts)."

Brendan's coerced story was the main reason they went back the eighth time to check Avery's trailer and shack, that's when they "discovered things"...found by the police officers that were not suppose to be on the property without supervision.

IMO, the officer that called in the tag number and model of the vehicle as if he was standing next to it, two days before it was actually found, the key that didn't have Teresa's DNA anywhere on it eventhough she'd used that key for three years, the Avery's tampered blood vile, the zero evidences of any trace of Teresa being in the shack where she was supposedly shot in the head, the fact that the bones had been moved and the integrity of the Mannitoc (or whatever the name of the county is) police officers that "found" items (after Brendan's coerced story came out)...would all lead me to say Not Guilty of 2 of the charges. He's guilty of having a unregistered firearm.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2016, 06:41:53 PM »
There's no way Teresa Halbach was raped and had her throat slashed in the trailer without any of her DNA being in the room, and there's no way she was shot in the shack/garage without any blood splatter evidence or again, any of her DNA being there (The one bullet that had her DNA on it, the police told the lady testing it to "try and place the bullet in the garage"). If Avery had somehow used bleach to erase all trace of Halbach's DNA, he would've also cleaned the garage of his own DNA (and the garage still contained lots of Avery's DNA)...and it had junk everywhere, it would've taken a team of trained "cleaners" to clean the entire garage.

IMO and the opinion of a lot of people the police planted enough evidence to Make a Murderer and it was so evident that I would've only agreed to find him guilty of owning a firearm (I'm guessing it was unregistered, they didn't go into any detail on the firearm).

So...take away the planted evidence & the coerced statement of a kid with a IQ of 70 (the RAV4 keys, the bullet, Avery's blood from marks on the RAV4 vehicle & the coerced statement of rape, throat cut, head shot & mutilation of Halbach)

What are you left with?
Her vehicle was found on his family's property (literally a 40 Acre junkyard) found within minutes by someone that didn't know the lay of the property...and it just so happened to be 50 feet away from a car crusher (a machine that Avery knows how to run).

Her bones were found on the property in multiple locations.

Is that enough to convict someone to life in prison, along with his 17 year old nephew?
« Last Edit: February 06, 2016, 10:54:12 AM by The Prowler »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2016, 07:31:33 PM »
Now about the jury. The one juror that was excused for a family emergency stated in Ep. 8 or 9 that there were 3 jurors who he felt had already made up their mind and they seemed to be the ones trying to change the other's opinions. Come to find out, one of the jurors is the father of one the Manitowc County Deputy Sheriffs & another is married to someone that works in the clerk's office.

And then there's this little piece from the film maker...
In an interview with the Today show, filmmakers Laura Ricciardi and Moira Demos said a juror contacted them after the series aired and claimed his or her decision to vote guilty was made under duress. "The person lived in the county, feared for their safety, and also said, 'If they could frame Steven Avery, they could do it to me,'" Ricciardi said in a follow up interview with Time.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2016, 08:17:04 AM »
Keep in mind this documentary is structured to tell the side of Avery to his benefit. You are seeing about 10% of the story with it. Like any SJW documentary, it is going to paint a picture it wants you to see. There is a lot of damning evidence they conveniently don't mention. You have 300 hours of testimony and this thing shows you about 90 mins of it total.

Michael Moore and the 9-11 truthers are probably ready to make this film maker an offer.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2016, 12:35:37 PM »
Adnan Syed killed Hae and may have had help. But you can't tell that to Serial-ites.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2016, 10:53:00 PM »
The documentary doesn't show that Avery wasn't the last one to see Teresa, George Zipperer was. JoEllen Zipperer testified that Teresa showed up at their property to take pictures at 3:00pm or later, but she never saw her leave. Remember Bobby Dassey stated that Teresa was taking pictures on the Avery property at around 2:30pm.

Police question George on Nov. 3rd and he became extremely belligerent. According to Avery's lawyers, Mr. Zipperer told some lies about not contacting the Auto Trader or arrange a meeting to have a vehicle photographed. George Zipperer wasn't considered a suspect (might've been because he's kin to someone in the Manotwoc County Police Dept).
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions