Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Official Pre-Signing Day Thread 2016

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
Re: Official Pre-Signing Day Thread 2016
« Reply #180 on: February 02, 2016, 12:20:57 AM »
I'm sure they have some remedial grammar and language classes at some junior college around Pratville. Sign up for one. Please.

I live in the ATL. I'm just talking like yo people.

And I am still stuck on a 5S. I hit like three letters at a time!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #181 on: February 02, 2016, 04:12:44 AM »
I hit like three letters at a time!

Number one reasonI miss my BlackBerry.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #182 on: February 02, 2016, 09:36:35 AM »
A little note from Brandon Marcello at the dot  I am a gay twerker that has no balls!!!!  I also have no idea how to use the quote function to post stories, so I annoy the piss out of others.  I like male genatalia in and around my mouth. of al.  Is this saying they're "full" in the area of DB's, as in they feel 100% on the guys they're after?  Or do they feel confident in filling out the entire class without the need to "settle" for him?

Auburn appears to have located its recruiting chips on the table.

Cornerback Daniel Thomas visited Auburn last weekend with the hope of landing a scholarship offer, but was told by Auburn's coaching staff Monday an offer is not coming because the Tigers' upcoming signing class is "full," the Lee-Montgomery High star told AL.com.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
Re: Official 2016 Signing Day Thread
« Reply #183 on: February 02, 2016, 09:39:53 AM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
Re: Re: Official 2016 Signing Day Thread
« Reply #184 on: February 02, 2016, 10:00:41 AM »
Keep your chuckleheadedness in the other thread.  This is for signee info.

And...I'm an idiot.  Thought this was going down today.

Its ok, I thought signing day was he first Tuesday of Feb, always.

Right now Auburn is sitting at 17(?) recruits of which some have already enrolled. That means the AU coaches seem to think tomorrow will be a big day for the good guys.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #185 on: February 02, 2016, 10:02:21 AM »
What time does Rashan Gary's LOI get faxed in?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #186 on: February 02, 2016, 10:03:45 AM »
What time does Rashan Gary's LOI get faxed in?
Eastern Time.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #187 on: February 02, 2016, 10:05:41 AM »
Rayshan took us off his list.  Down to Meatchicken and The Fighting Dabo's
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #188 on: February 02, 2016, 10:09:03 AM »
That doesn't answer the question that the man asked. Eastern time does.  :facepalm:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #189 on: February 02, 2016, 10:10:06 AM »
That doesn't answer the question that the man asked. Eastern time does.  :facepalm:

Sorry, I'm livin' on Tulsa time.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #190 on: February 02, 2016, 10:17:02 AM »
Ooops.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #191 on: February 02, 2016, 10:25:57 AM »
I haven't kept up as much this year with my skreetz re: recruiting. But, I had identified DT and LB as a target need. If we get the 5 star left out there from Ga whose name I don't recall, we look pretty decent at DT, no? We gots Antwuaan Jackson, who from what I've read is pretty sporty. And maybe one other DT. But pretty skrong DE's too.

But LB? Tre Threat is a very athletic 4 star out of Spanish Fort. I've seen him and Dansbyesque comes to mind. I don't know if he's big enough to make an immediate run stopper. Maybe.

But he was the only LB, iirc. Most everyone feels that we don't have a legit shot at Davis, the 5 star Alabammer legacy. Point is, I feel like we need another LB or two. Even if it's someone who needs to develop.

Steele hasn't seemed to make a big positive impact on recruiting. Not that I expected it. But, it seems like most of the guys we are getting, we were already on their short list. At least with my limited research, I've assumed this.

Overall, must say I'm a little underwhelmed right now. The potential for PT on defense especially should be a huge attraction for these kids.

Hopefully, my attitude changes tomorrow.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #192 on: February 02, 2016, 10:31:22 AM »
Question:  In the Tayshawn Manning piece, it says he's going to try and enroll in on-line classes, either through AU or a local school.  Auburn is saying they'll honor his scholarship whenever he's ready. I assume we take him off the board for this class?  He's still listed on a couple of sites.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #193 on: February 02, 2016, 10:43:59 AM »
I haven't kept up as much this year with my skreetz re: recruiting. But, I had identified DT and LB as a target need. If we get the 5 star left out there from Ga whose name I don't recall, we look pretty decent at DT, no? We gots Antwuaan Jackson, who from what I've read is pretty sporty. And maybe one other DT. But pretty skrong DE's too.

But LB? Tre Threat is a very athletic 4 star out of Spanish Fort. I've seen him and Dansbyesque comes to mind. I don't know if he's big enough to make an immediate run stopper. Maybe.

But he was the only LB, iirc. Most everyone feels that we don't have a legit shot at Davis, the 5 star Alabammer legacy. Point is, I feel like we need another LB or two. Even if it's someone who needs to develop.

Steele hasn't seemed to make a big positive impact on recruiting. Not that I expected it. But, it seems like most of the guys we are getting, we were already on their short list. At least with my limited research, I've assumed this.

Overall, must say I'm a little underwhelmed right now. The potential for PT on defense especially should be a huge attraction for these kids.

Hopefully, my attitude changes tomorrow.

LB is the only thing that worries me right now.  If we do land Derrick Brown, (DT) it should be one hell of a class across the defensive front.  From the stuff I've been reading, I think we close very well in the defensive backfield.  But LB???  The only real references I see are the outside shot we have at Ben Davis, which I'm with K on. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUownsU

• Hold my beer.
« Reply #194 on: February 02, 2016, 11:01:00 AM »
Thinking we signed something like four 4* LBers last year. Would love to add Davis but barring a rash of injuries we should be OK.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #195 on: February 02, 2016, 11:29:38 AM »
Thinking we signed something like four 4* LBers last year. Would love to add Davis but barring a rash of injuries we should be OK.
I knew there was some reason you get to stay here. You are correct sir. I checked with my skreetz and I believe it's 4 4* and a 3*(in Muschamp's nephew)--who prolly isn't a slouch. And there is pretty good size in this group.

So, we can afford to be selective this year. I stand corrected.

So, we finish with Brown the 5*DT and maybe get the Nate Craig Meyers WR and his brother plus a safety (Warrior or the other kid) and have a very solid class.

I would think very close to top 10. I just want us to be in the top 15, as long as we are filling needs. That seems to be the magic number that will most likely allow teams to compete for titles.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #196 on: February 02, 2016, 12:00:40 PM »
LB is the only thing that worries me right now.  If we do land Derrick Brown, (DT) it should be one hell of a class across the defensive front.  From the stuff I've been reading, I think we close very well in the defensive backfield.  But LB???  The only real references I see are the outside shot we have at Ben Davis, which I'm with K on.

Do we take a chance on the bammer reject. He is a 3 star and could be redshirted and developed. He is pissed off so he could turn into a madman. Or fizzle.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #197 on: February 02, 2016, 12:03:33 PM »
I know that a lot of you bums won't have anything important to do tomorrow, so here is a list of the hat switches.

7 a.m. — Nigel Warrior, 4-star safety in Suwanee, Ga. (Alabama, Auburn, Georgia, LSU, Tennessee) TV: Fox 5 in Atlanta

9 a.m. — Ben Davis, 5-star LB in Gordo, Ala. (Alabama, Auburn, Georgia, LSU, Notre Dame) TV: ESPNU

10 a.m. — Nate Craig-Myers, 4-star receiver in Tampa, Fla. (Auburn, North Carolina) TV: ESPNU

11 a.m. — Landon Dickerson, 4-star offensive tackle in Hudson, N.C. (Auburn, Alabama, Florida State, Tennessee) TV: ESPNU

11 a.m. — Ahmmon Richards, 4-star receiver in Miami, Fla. (Alabama, Auburn, Miami)

12 p.m. — Jayvaughn Myers, 4-star cornerback in Dade City, Fla. (Auburn, North Carolina)

1 p.m. — David Marshall, 4-star defensive end in Thomaston, Ga. (Auburn, Georgia)

1:45 p.m. — E.J. Price, 4-star offensive tackle in Lawrenceville, Ga. (Alabama, Auburn, Georgia, Southern Cal)

1:45 p.m. — Prince Sammons, 4-star offensive tackle in Cincinnati, Ohio (Auburn, Michigan State)

2 p.m. — Derrick Brown, 5-star defensive tackle in Buford, Ga. (Alabama, Auburn, Georgia, Mississippi State, Tennessee) TV: ESPN2
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #198 on: February 02, 2016, 12:05:33 PM »
Do we take a chance on the bammer reject. He is a 3 star and could be redshirted and developed. He is pissed off so he could turn into a madman. Or fizzle.

He's 6'3" 230.  Decent size and should pack some poundage on once he hits that training table.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #199 on: February 02, 2016, 12:07:17 PM »
He's 6'3" 230.  Decent size and should pack some poundage on once he hits that training table.

And we would not have to hear from his dad on gameday. He'll be in tuscalooser.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions