Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Official Pre-Signing Day Thread 2016

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
Re: Official Pre-Signing Day Thread 2016
« Reply #80 on: January 25, 2016, 06:19:41 PM »
it's a tiny offshoot of the L.A.B.I.A. (Liberate Apes Before Imprisoning Apes) movement.
S.W.A.G.I.T.S.D (pronounced Swag-itzed)

Screw With Auburn Going Into Signing Day

Also a part of the Saban Recruiting Handbook.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

auburn2eugene

• From Oneonta to the left Coast
« Reply #81 on: January 25, 2016, 08:03:13 PM »
Gus in home with Nate And Jay Meyers last night
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
This is your last chance. After this, there is no turning back. You take the blue pill - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill - you stay in Wonderland and I show you how deep the rabbit-hole goes. ~Morpheus

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #82 on: January 25, 2016, 08:11:10 PM »
Gus upping the ante with a Challenger! 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #83 on: January 25, 2016, 09:49:24 PM »
Let me tell you about Davis. 

He plays at a small school.  Gordo is decent but they are 3A decent.  They play in an incredibly weak division. They never won a state title because Ben was such a great athlete.

He's the "number one recruit in the state" for one simple reason.  He's been going to Bama since before he was born. 

He may turn out to be the greatest thing since baked bread.  But right now he's a 3A linebacker with a dad who was a moderate talent and got a quick sip of the NFL (started one game in his 28-game career).  Daddy is a Bama legend who leads the team in career tackles to hear them tell it.  Yeah.  Number two all time at Bama is Tom Boyd. Who? Exactly. 

Gordo is starved for success at the next level.  Since Davis played at Bama (and blakney at auburn) they haven't had anybody do shit.  Their in-county rivals?  Tony Dixon of Reform played at UA and went on to the Cowboys. Courtney Taylor left Carrollton for AU and then the Seahawks. 

Gordo tried to recruit both to move to play for them.  Both refused. The Gordo packed BOE voted to close Carrollton completely while Taylor was at AU.  They redrew the zones to get the best football players to Gordo. 

Meanwhile Walter Jones from Aliceville made the NFL Hall of Fame as one of the best left tackles in the game. 

And Gordo had nothing.  Until this was manufactured with the help of a Bama crazed media and the Tuscaloosa News. 

Maybe he's great.  But I wouldn't bet on it.  And I won't lose a wink of sleep if we don't ever even talk to the kid.  Just setting ourselves up to let al.com talk about how we missed out. 

I wouldn't even talk to him if I was at AU. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #84 on: January 25, 2016, 11:30:44 PM »
Let me tell you about Davis. 

He plays at a small school.  Gordo is decent but they are 3A decent.  They play in an incredibly weak division. They never won a state title because Ben was such a great athlete.

He's the "number one recruit in the state" for one simple reason.  He's been going to Bama since before he was born. 

He may turn out to be the greatest thing since baked bread.  But right now he's a 3A linebacker with a dad who was a moderate talent and got a quick sip of the NFL (started one game in his 28-game career).  Daddy is a Bama legend who leads the team in career tackles to hear them tell it.  Yeah.  Number two all time at Bama is Tom Boyd. Who? Exactly. 

Gordo is starved for success at the next level.  Since Davis played at Bama (and blakney at auburn) they haven't had anybody do shit.  Their in-county rivals?  Tony Dixon of Reform played at UA and went on to the Cowboys. Courtney Taylor left Carrollton for AU and then the Seahawks. 

Gordo tried to recruit both to move to play for them.  Both refused. The Gordo packed BOE voted to close Carrollton completely while Taylor was at AU.  They redrew the zones to get the best football players to Gordo. 

Meanwhile Walter Jones from Aliceville made the NFL Hall of Fame as one of the best left tackles in the game. 

And Gordo had nothing.  Until this was manufactured with the help of a Bama crazed media and the Tuscaloosa News. 

Maybe he's great.  But I wouldn't bet on it.  And I won't lose a wink of sleep if we don't ever even talk to the kid.  Just setting ourselves up to let al.com talk about how we missed out. 

I wouldn't even talk to him if I was at AU.

You and I were both at the Dale County game last year.  My comments were what a specimen this kid was.  Tall, muscular, small waist.  Best looking athlete on the field.  But, in one of the top 2-3 H.S. games I've ever seen, I don't recall him doing anything of significance.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #85 on: January 26, 2016, 10:00:45 AM »
You and I were both at the Dale County game last year.  My comments were what a specimen this kid was.  Tall, muscular, small waist.  Best looking athlete on the field.  But, in one of the top 2-3 H.S. games I've ever seen, I don't recall him doing anything of significance.
This sounds more like a sexual attraction than a scouting report.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #86 on: January 26, 2016, 10:06:20 AM »
This sounds more like a sexual attraction than a scouting report.

Can't it be both?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #87 on: January 26, 2016, 10:08:41 AM »

We recruiting Kid & Play!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #88 on: January 26, 2016, 10:10:02 AM »
Can't it be both?
Fair point. I guess it is a very fine line and grey area with several posters on here.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #89 on: January 26, 2016, 10:11:34 AM »

Was there a dance off?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #90 on: January 26, 2016, 10:13:23 AM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #91 on: January 26, 2016, 10:45:50 AM »
Where is dat boy?  Head look like a whisk broom. Erasure headed mother fucker.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

auburn2eugene

« Reply #92 on: January 26, 2016, 10:51:39 AM »
SDJr took the SAT again Saturday, rather than visiting USCe.

Also updated for signing day:

EJ Price will commit at 1:45pm AU time
Derrick Brown will commit at 2pm AU time

Most others are expected to fax in LOIs in the AM, but thats not a for sure thing.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
This is your last chance. After this, there is no turning back. You take the blue pill - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill - you stay in Wonderland and I show you how deep the rabbit-hole goes. ~Morpheus

auburn2eugene

« Reply #93 on: January 26, 2016, 10:53:09 AM »
Also EJ Price almost visited AU a 2nd straight weekend so we must have made a very good impression. He will take his UGA OV though. This one may be very tight.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

auburn2eugene

« Reply #94 on: January 26, 2016, 10:56:33 AM »
Great,  this just MADE my day...Per UNC247, NCM may have a little work to do in the classroom as well

They spoke with NCM and he's down to UNC and AU. AU trending

UNC will visit Friday

UNC doesn't believe Jayvaughn is in play for them. This really helps AU as the boys would like to play together. However, this is not a requirement of either Meyers.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #95 on: January 26, 2016, 11:27:54 AM »
I had BLT at TGIFriday's.  MMMM.  But keep that on the QT.  K?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #96 on: January 26, 2016, 11:54:06 AM »
I had BLT at TGIFriday's.  MMMM.  But keep that on the QT.  K?
Yes the coded abbreviations and acronyms are murdering me. Someone do the right thing and end it quickly.
Brevity and economy are wonderful. Too much though is torture.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #97 on: January 26, 2016, 12:11:50 PM »
What's with all the TLAs?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #98 on: January 26, 2016, 12:13:57 PM »
Great,  this just MADE my day...Per UNC247, NCM may have a little work to do in the classroom as well

They spoke with NCM and he's down to UNC and AU. AU trending

UNC will visit Friday

UNC doesn't believe Jayvaughn is in play for them. This really helps AU as the boys would like to play together. However, this is not a requirement of either Meyers.

Oh shit. He may have to go JUCO or PREP school.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #99 on: January 26, 2016, 12:27:32 PM »
Oh shit. He may have to go JUCO or PREP school.

FML or IDGAF.  TYP
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.