• Why don't you blow me ump!
Heeez READY!!
« on: February 04, 2016, 08:06:55 PM »
http://www.auburntigers.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/020416aab.html

JOHN FRANKLIN III SAYS HE'S READY FOR HIS CHANCE AT AUBURN
Feb. 4, 2016

By Charles Goldberg
AuburnTigers.com

AUBURN, Ala. ― John Franklin III figures he'll have a busy month leading up to the start of spring practice trying to impress receivers, trying to win respect, putting his best foot forward in Auburn's quarterback race.

The newest quarterback on the Auburn campus arrived in January and says he's ready.

"I'm just trying to get familiar with the receivers and building relationships with everybody on the team," he says. "You have to lead through action. Coming in, it's 'Who is he? Who is he?' In order to be in that leadership role, you have to lead by example. I'm looking forward to winning these guys over and showing them the true competitor that I am."

Franklin was one of the gems in Auburn's Top 10 signing day class Wednesday and is one of nine signees who will participate in spring practice. He comes from East Mississippi Community College with the promise of being a dual-threat quarterback. He says he developed his college game first at his first stop, Florida State, and learned the Auburn-style offense in junior college.

He'll soon discover where he stands.

"Competition brings out the best in everybody," Franklin said. "All I ever wanted was an opportunity. I feel like that's what I'm getting. I can do the rest."

Franklin is no rookie, and everybody knows it. He'll compete with Jeremy Johnson and Sean White for the starting job when spring practice begins March 1. Tyler Queen will return from surgery to eventually join the race and new quarterback signee Woody Barrett will arrive when summer workouts begin. Franklin will be in that mix. Who said so? Coach Gus Malzahn said so.

"Yes, that's out there, but you can't pay attention to it," Franklin said upon arriving on campus. "I try to tune that out as much as possible and try to remain focused, because you can get caught up in that. This is my second go-around, and I'm more focused. That plays as an advantage to me."

Malzahn threw Franklin in the quarterback race in his signing day press conference Wednesday.

"He’s going to get a chance to win the job. Our quarterback position is wide open," Malzahn said.

Franklin profiles as a contender. He had a huge game at East Mississippi last year, the one in which offensive coordinator Rhett Lashlee watched as Franklin scored on runs of 65, 33, 29, 13 and 5 yards. He threw for another score. He's a junior college guy, just like Cam Newton and Nick Marshall, who would come on and excel in Malzahn's Auburn offense.

Who wouldn't want to be the next Cam Newton?

"Every quarterback wants to be the next Cam Newton," Malzahn said, and added Newton's success has helped Auburn's recruiting.

Franklin knows all of that. He likes the history of junior college quarterbacks who have made it.

"That, and the system that Coach Malzahn runs are the main reasons I chose to come to Auburn," He said. "Not everybody wants to deal with a junior college quarterback, but I'm excited about his track record ― both of his guys went to the national championship game, both are in the NFL right now. Why wouldn't you want to play for him? His resume speaks for itself. That's definitely one of the main reasons I chose Auburn."

Franklin said he "ran the Auburn-type stuff when I got to junior college, so I understand it."

"When I got to Florida State I really learned how to be a quarterback. It's something I'll never forget because it took so long to get it," he said. "But once it's in your head, it's in your head. I'm grateful for the experience because it taught me how to be a true quarterback. Coming out of high school I was real raw at the position. I only started playing quarterback my freshman year in high school, so I got to Florida State on raw talent. I learned how to play the game through the eyes of a quarterback at Florida State."

Now, Franklin said, "I feel like I'm the true definition of a dual-threat quarterback. Not many quarterbacks can run a 4.3 40. I take pride in that."

And now he'll see how it plays out.

"I feel like this is a legit opportunity."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Re: Heeez READY!!
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2016, 09:28:19 PM »
He's not short on confidence, I'll give him that. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2016, 10:55:03 AM »
He's not short on confidence, I'll give him that.
Give me somebody...anybody.  and get me somebody while I'm waiting.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2016, 11:34:28 AM by Godfather »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2016, 11:27:27 AM »
Hear me now but believe me last Thursday.  I DON'T CARE WHO THE QB IS AS LONG THEY CAN RUN THIS OFFENSE SUCCESSFULLY. There, I said it.  This is not a knock on Clifford Franklin.  If he comes in and tears it up, I'll be doing the Dougie with the rest of you.  You guys do Dougie, right?  Do you know how? No?  Well let me teach you.

Anyway, I look at Woody Barrett being the future long before this guy. He's twice the size, better arm, runs the read option.  Total package.  Is he ready to step in?  Have no clue.  Will he ever be?  No clue again.  But if you compare the resume of the two, it's not even close.  Barrett is 6'3" 225.  Clifford Franklin is 6' and 175 with rocks in his pockets.  Good stats for Barrett with 1,588 yards passing and 24 TD's and over 800 on the ground.  Franklin's stats in JUCO pale in comparison.  About 80 yards passing a game and less than 50 on the ground.  So, I says to myself, "Self, how can he have such paltry stats when his team was blowing err'body out?"  And they were.  So, you look deeper and...

Clifford Franklin III wasn't the starter in JUCO. (or at FSU)  Another QB threw for 2,200 yards and 23 TD's. Looks like Franklin was the speedy change up for them. He had the one great game running the ball referenced above.

Again, this is not a shot at Clifford.  I hope he or Woody or JJ or Sean or whoever the hell it is, steps in and kicks ass.  I just don't get the hype with this guy.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2016, 11:33:28 AM »
Hear me now but believe me last Thursday.  I DON'T CARE WHO THE QB IS AS LONG THEY CAN RUN THIS OFFENSE SUCCESSFULLY. There, I said it.  This is not a knock on Clifford Franklin.  If he comes in and tears it up, I'll be doing the Dougie with the rest of you.  You guys do Dougie, right?  Do you know how? No?  Well let me teach you.

Anyway, I look at Woody Barrett being the future long before this guy. He's twice the size, better arm, runs the read option.  Total package.  Is he ready to step in?  Have no clue.  Will he ever be?  No clue again.  But if you compare the resume of the two, it's not even close.  Barrett is 6'3" 225.  Clifford Franklin is 6' and 175 with rocks in his pockets.  Good stats for Barrett with 1,588 yards passing and 24 TD's and over 800 on the ground.  Franklin's stats in JUCO pale in comparison.  About 80 yards passing a game and less than 50 on the ground.  So, I says to myself, "Self, how can he have such paltry stats when his team was blowing err'body out?"  And they were.  So, you look deeper and...

Clifford Franklin III wasn't the starter in JUCO. (or at FSU)  Another QB threw for 2,200 yards and 23 TD's. Looks like Franklin was the speedy change up for them. He had the one great game running the ball referenced above.

Again, this is not a shot at Clifford.  I hope he or Woody or JJ or Sean or whoever the hell it is, steps in and kicks ass.  I just don't get the hype with this guy.

My early season prediction.  Sean White will be the starter against Clemson.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2016, 11:38:25 AM »

My early season prediction.  Sean White will be the starter against Clemson.

I'm with ya.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2016, 12:02:07 PM »
I can live with that.  The Arky game was one of those "what if" games.  (Along with what if he hadn't gotten hurt?) What did we have...9...10 dropped balls?  Not only would we have won that game, probably by a good margin, but White would have come out it with some sick stats and momentum. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2016, 12:06:15 PM »
I can live with that.  The Arky game was one of those "what if" games.  (Along with what if he hadn't gotten hurt?) What did we have...9...10 dropped balls?  Not only would we have won that game, probably by a good margin, but White would have come out it with some sick stats and momentum.

Worst case of viral stone-hands I ever saw.  Most of the season, too.  Fucking frustrating.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

jmar

« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2016, 12:07:40 PM »
My early season prediction is that JFIIIIII gets rocked in the early Spring.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2016, 12:12:20 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2016, 12:17:40 PM »
I agree on Barrett. The guy looks the part and I hope he can live up to or past expectations. The only thing is, the current QBs including Franklin will have been there for Spring. I like White, no not because I am racist, but the boy is a gamer. I have to say I feel he will get the starting nod but I am not counting out JFIII. Hell, who knows, Barrett could come in and dominate or Johnson could have a Jason Campbell transformation like from 03 to 04.

I do feel a lot better about Auburns QB depth for sure.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2016, 12:19:18 PM »
I agree on Barrett. The guy looks the part and I hope he can live up to or past expectations. The only thing is, the current QBs including Franklin will have been there for Spring. I like White, no not because I am racist, but the boy is a gamer. I have to say I feel he will get the starting nod but I am not counting out JFIII. Hell, who knows, Barrett could come in and dominate or Johnson could have a Jason Campbell transformation like from 03 to 04.

All I heard after that was blah blah blah.  You racist bastage.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2016, 12:24:16 PM »
All I heard after that was blah blah blah.  You racist bastage.

Its almost like I knew this was coming.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2016, 12:32:53 PM »

Yeah White reminds me some of Connor Shaw and JJ could find his groove again. I like that Barrett's thick which might keep him healthier than the lean Franklin.
Guy has Barry Sanders thighs. Guess we'll learn if either can handle it. Nick made himself known in the third game v. MSU right?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2016, 01:11:15 PM »
Worst case of viral stone-hands I ever saw.  Most of the season, too.  fudgeing frustrating.

It was like Duke punched them all in the hands.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2016, 09:52:03 AM »
I think everyone is going to be disappointed. I think JFIII was brought in to be the QB just like Marshall was. Malzahn made the Marshall thing work, and I would almost bet that he is going to force this whether he is the best QB or not.

I think Malzahn can't get past 2013 and wants to try and recreate it...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2016, 09:57:20 AM »
I think everyone is going to be disappointed. I think JFIII was brought in to be the QB just like Marshall was. Malzahn made the Marshall thing work, and I would almost bet that he is going to force this whether he is the best QB or not.

I think Malzahn can't get past 2013 and wants to try and recreate it...

Maybe Chizik will hire him at this next stop...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.