That's right, my nurra!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

auburn2eugene

• From Oneonta to the left Coast
Re: Coaching changes?
« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2016, 10:38:55 PM »
5-19 won a NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP.

Show some respect.

Cam Newton won that championship. With a little bit of Malzahn and Fairley sprinkled on top. I will give credit where it's due,  and Chizik deserves SOME credit for 2010, certainly not enough to say 5-19 won a championship. He hired the right assistants. Have you ever read his book? I have. After reading it,  it was clear the Chizik regime wouldn't last long. 5-19 (as you called him)  had to be basically begged to sign Cam Newton. You know, the guy who won us the national championship, won us our 3rd Heisman,  and just took the Panthers to the Super Bowl. Now,  while Chizik represented Auburn University with total class,  and did some AMAZING things as a DC,  he is simply not a good head coach, at least not in the SEC. I think you are giving someone who admittedly had to be basically begged into signing Cam freaking Newton,  a little too much credit. Some say he held that 2010 team together through the whole Cam incident. Personally, I believe Cam held that team together, otherwise WTF happened in 2012? Did Chizik suddenly forget how to hold a team together? Where did that leadership he got so much credit for showing during 2010 go in 2012? It was playing QB for Carolina, that's where. That's just my opinion. Do I give Cam too much credit? Maybe. But I'll admit I'm biased. I lost all respect for Chizik as a coach for allowing 2012 to happen. HE was the coach.  When you lose a team like that,  it's on the coaches.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2016, 10:45:44 PM by auburn2eugene »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
This is your last chance. After this, there is no turning back. You take the blue pill - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill - you stay in Wonderland and I show you how deep the rabbit-hole goes. ~Morpheus

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2016, 11:47:53 PM »
Cam Newton won that championship. With a little bit of Malzahn and Fairley sprinkled on top. I will give credit where it's due,  and Chizik deserves SOME credit for 2010, certainly not enough to say 5-19 won a championship. He hired the right assistants. Have you ever read his book? I have. After reading it,  it was clear the Chizik regime wouldn't last long. 5-19 (as you called him)  had to be basically begged to sign Cam Newton. You know, the guy who won us the national championship, won us our 3rd Heisman,  and just took the Panthers to the Super Bowl. Now,  while Chizik represented Auburn University with total class,  and did some AMAZING things as a DC,  he is simply not a good head coach, at least not in the SEC. I think you are giving someone who admittedly had to be basically begged into signing Cam freaking Newton,  a little too much credit. Some say he held that 2010 team together through the whole Cam incident. Personally, I believe Cam held that team together, otherwise WTF happened in 2012? Did Chizik suddenly forget how to hold a team together? Where did that leadership he got so much credit for showing during 2010 go in 2012? It was playing QB for Carolina, that's where. That's just my opinion. Do I give Cam too much credit? Maybe. But I'll admit I'm biased. I lost all respect for Chizik as a coach for allowing 2012 to happen. HE was the coach.  When you lose a team like that,  it's on the coaches.

While I am not the biggest Chizik fan, I am not so delusional as to ignore the way he handled the whole Can Newton situation.

Another coach may have screwed that up royally. But Chizik stood firm and allowed Cam to flourish.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2016, 11:49:46 PM by CCTAU »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #23 on: January 25, 2016, 11:02:44 AM »
While I am not the biggest Chizik fan, I am not so delusional as to ignore the way he handled the whole Can Newton situation.

Another coach may have screwed that up royally. But Chizik stood firm and allowed Cam to flourish.

It took Ron Riveria five years to figure out that you just have to let Cam be Cam. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #24 on: January 25, 2016, 11:27:55 AM »
Guys,  this isn't about Gideon. As I said in the original post,  it is rumored to be an offensive coach,  and it's not gonna happen before NSD.  Gideon was a substitute short term defensive "coach." While I hate seeing Gideon leave, him leaving isnt what the post was about.

Just like I've said on the recruiting board,  I'm just passing off info that I've seen on other boards. You can take it for what it's worth. I live in Eugene Oregon, I don't claim to be any sort of insider. I just love reading about, and talking about my Auburn Tigers
You can always put where you heard your shit...bunker what not.  Just don't post their link or direct story via copypaste.

Couple rules to keep in mind round here. 

-We aren't AUFamily, we cuss, we complain, we bitch about coaches and players. 
-We hate most of our beat writers because the suck.  Anything fat Phil says is taken with context. 
-We support those geniuses at the Never to Yield Foundation, and their crusade against the injustices to Auburn's name. 
-We hate dallaswareagle.
-We use lots of movie quotes.
-You better have a thick skin and tight anus to survive around here.
-There are friends and enemies on this board.
-We don't spout the creed or look at games one at a time.
-I already have pictures of you.
-We don't moderate the board or kick anyone off.  People have left because they couldn't take it, Didn't want to do it. We felt we owed it to them.
-Some do actually have sources, others have skreets, neither of them are swept regularly.
-We used to have hot women on here but they disappeared.
-If you have a dog, see Jumbo he needs to fist it.
-We have get togethers and meet and greets, alcohol and nudity usually occurs.
-We have all ages and all areas.
-We all bleed orange and blue, except for the few turds that float around here.
-Can you move a couch?
-no nudity...unless it is really really good, then post the link and a warning
-War Fucking Eagle! (To take off your cuss filter go into your profile>>look & layout>> make sure leave    words uncensored is checked.)

Did I miss anything?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #25 on: January 25, 2016, 11:32:47 AM »
You can always put where you heard your shit...bunker what not.  Just don't post their link or direct story via copypaste.

-We hate most of our beat writers because the suck.  Anything fat Phil says is taken with context. 
-We support those geniuses at the Never to Yield Foundation, and their crusade against the injustices to Auburn's name. 
-We hate dallaswareagle.
-We don't moderate the board or kick anyone off.  People have left because they couldn't take it, Didn't want to do it. We felt we owed it to them.
-Some do actually have sources, others have skreets, neither of them are swept regularly.
-Can you move a couch?
-War Fucking Eagle! (To take off your cuss filter go into your profile>>look & layout>> make sure leave    words uncensored is checked.)

Did I miss anything?

He speaks for all of us
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #26 on: January 25, 2016, 11:34:51 AM »
He speaks for all of us

Unless he doesn't.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #27 on: January 25, 2016, 11:35:52 AM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

GH2001

« Reply #28 on: January 25, 2016, 11:37:34 AM »
Unless he doesn't.

Skreeets. He "sorta" has em.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #29 on: January 25, 2016, 12:25:01 PM »
He speaks for all of us

I thought we had a "whites only" policy!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #30 on: January 25, 2016, 12:28:36 PM »
:meme:

You sir. Yes, you the homophobic dude with the chick best friend. Go ahead.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #31 on: January 25, 2016, 12:35:05 PM »
You sir. Yes, you the homophobic dude with the chick best friend. Go ahead.

Subtle...I like it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #32 on: January 25, 2016, 12:46:59 PM »
Subtle...I like it.

Like a mater sammuch
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #33 on: January 25, 2016, 01:14:16 PM »
Can Auburn Win Without a Graduate Assistant in 2016?

There.
Someone has to ask the hard questions around here.

Well, we were 7-6 with them.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

dallaswareagle

« Reply #34 on: January 25, 2016, 01:16:33 PM »

-We hate dallaswareagle.
-Can you move a couch?

Did I miss anything?

4th place?  I miss coming to a game one year and I drop like a stone.   :fu:
« Last Edit: January 25, 2016, 01:36:29 PM by dallaswareagle »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #35 on: January 25, 2016, 01:22:14 PM »

4th place?  I miss coming to game one year and I drop like a stone.   :fu:

See, you will never be #1 on the hate list simply because everyone likes your wifes broobies.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

chinook

« Reply #36 on: January 25, 2016, 01:38:46 PM »

don't be so sure you are dropping...you know this place and the rules have been around a lot longer than you...so i think you are on the rise. 

perhaps top 2 by end of April.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #37 on: January 25, 2016, 01:39:37 PM »

Did I miss where I said they were in any kind of order?

God I hate you.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

dallaswareagle

« Reply #38 on: January 25, 2016, 01:41:54 PM »
Did I miss where I said they were in any kind of order?

God I hate you.

That's better.     :jesus:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #39 on: January 25, 2016, 03:14:54 PM »
It took Ron Riveria five years to figure out that you just have to let Cam be Cam.

Just like secretariat. Just like bo. Just like Jordan.

Sometimes you just have to get out of the way and let them run.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE