Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Coaching changes?

auburn2eugene

• From Oneonta to the left Coast
Coaching changes?
« on: January 22, 2016, 06:28:44 PM »
PM says there's a lot of smoke we could be losing another coach after NSD,  an offensive coach.

I hope and pray it isn't CDC. Under no circumstances would it hurt my feelings if it was CRL.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
This is your last chance. After this, there is no turning back. You take the blue pill - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill - you stay in Wonderland and I show you how deep the rabbit-hole goes. ~Morpheus

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
Re: Coaching changes?
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2016, 09:14:36 PM »
 :oh: :oh: :oh:

« Last Edit: January 22, 2016, 10:13:03 PM by The Six »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2016, 10:09:53 PM »
Well, aldot I am a gay twerker that has no balls!!!!  I also have no idea how to use the quote function to post stories, so I annoy the piss out of others.  I like male genatalia in and around my mouth. is already all over it.  The headline story right now is about the mass exodus of coaches from Auburn because another Graduate Assistant is leaving.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

The Six

• My Linktree
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2016, 10:13:30 PM »
Well, aldot I am a gay twerker that has no balls!!!!  I also have no idea how to use the quote function to post stories, so I annoy the piss out of others.  I like male genatalia in and around my mouth. is already all over it.  The headline story right now is about the mass exodus of coaches from Auburn because another Graduate Assistant is leaving.

http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/index.ssf/2016/01/auburn_loses_its_6th_defensive.html#incart_most-read_

Graduate assistant Blake Gideon has decided to leave Auburn and join Will Muschamp and Co. at South Carolina.

Gideon is the seventh staff member to leave Auburn in the last two months, joining Muschamp, secondary coach Travaris Robinson, linebackers coach Lance Thompson, offensive line coach J.B. Grimes, and analysts Bobby Bentley and Kyle Krantz. Grimes is at Cincinnati with former Auburn coach Tommy Tuberville while the rest are with Muschamp at South Carolina.

OH NOES! NOT A GRADUATE ASSISTANT!!!!!! :jaw:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2016, 10:16:26 PM »
http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/index.ssf/2016/01/auburn_loses_its_6th_defensive.html#incart_most-read_

OH NOES! NOT A GRADUATE ASSISTANT!!!!!! :jaw:

Exactly.  That's the story I was...hey wait a minute.....you son of a....
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2016, 11:00:39 PM »
Yup, GA under Muschamp at Florida, then came with he and T Rob to Auburn, now to USCe. Oh noes!!!!! Lol

I already alluded to the possibility of another coach leaving, a couple of weeks ago (RB Coach Horton), I've heard that he had turned down the UCF OC offer and I believe that he has...until after Signing Day.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2016, 12:41:55 AM »
PM says there's a lot of smoke we could be losing another coach after NSD,  an offensive coach.

I hope and pray it isn't CDC. Under no circumstances would it hurt my feelings if it was CRL.
Personal Messages can't be trusted.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

jmar

« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2016, 05:58:11 AM »
Can Auburn Win Without a Graduate Assistant in 2016?

There.
Someone has to ask the hard questions around here.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

auburn2eugene

« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2016, 08:02:30 PM »
Guys,  this isn't about Gideon. As I said in the original post,  it is rumored to be an offensive coach,  and it's not gonna happen before NSD.  Gideon was a substitute short term defensive "coach." While I hate seeing Gideon leave, him leaving isnt what the post was about.

Just like I've said on the recruiting board,  I'm just passing off info that I've seen on other boards. You can take it for what it's worth. I live in Eugene Oregon, I don't claim to be any sort of insider. I just love reading about, and talking about my Auburn Tigers
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
This is your last chance. After this, there is no turning back. You take the blue pill - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill - you stay in Wonderland and I show you how deep the rabbit-hole goes. ~Morpheus

auburn2eugene

« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2016, 08:08:34 PM »
The headline story right now is about the mass exodus of coaches from Auburn because another Graduate Assistant is leaving.

Nope,  I don't believe any of the crap being slung about that.  EVERY coach but 1 that left,  either came with CWM,  or were hired after he was. The only one that didn't was Bentley. And he went from an off the field position to an on the field position, back on his home state.

I for one hope if we lose anyone, its CRL,  but I'd be ok with the story being false. Would ya rather not know about the possibility?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2016, 01:26:49 AM »
Stories have softly circulated about Lashlee taking a new position on the lower level college level
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2016, 07:03:10 AM »
Nope,  I don't believe any of the crap being slung about that.  EVERY coach but 1 that left,  either came with CWM,  or were hired after he was. The only one that didn't was Bentley. And he went from an off the field position to an on the field position, back on his home state.

I for one hope if we lose anyone, its CRL,  but I'd be ok with the story being false. Would ya rather not know about the possibility?
Losing Rhett Lashlee would be a devastating blow to the Defensive Coordinators on our schedule. I'd really, REALLY love to see Coach Craig be the QB Coach/Passing Game OC & Coach Hand be the Running Game OC, then bring on a top shelf WR Coach.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

jmar

« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2016, 10:07:13 AM »
The headline that never was is that Muschamp had positioned himself in very close proximity to three possible head coaching job openings including AU in the event that the PTB started tossing $$$ around. 

There were no guarantees with UGA, USCe or even AU, especially with the extreme buyout but he accepted the DC position with the off-chance and knowing the long odds of it actually happening. It was old stomping grounds and allowed him to work, interact and assemble staff and future staffers wherever he landed. It was a win/win for Will and Auburn provided.

This is just how I see it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2016, 11:14:26 AM »
Can Auburn Win Without a Graduate Assistant in 2016?

There.
Someone has to ask the hard questions around here.

I've got Woodberry on the line asking if he can use that.

Would ya rather not know about the possibility?

This is a pretty jaded crowd.  Don't take the responses personally...it's usually a business arrangement around here, anyway.  Cash for services...right, AWK?

The headline that never was is that Muschamp had positioned himself in very close proximity to three possible head coaching job openings including AU in the event that the PTB started tossing $$$ around. 

There were no guarantees with UGA, USCe or even AU, especially with the extreme buyout but he accepted the DC position with the off-chance and knowing the long odds of it actually happening. It was old stomping grounds and allowed him to work, interact and assemble staff and future staffers wherever he landed. It was a win/win for Will and Auburn provided.

This is just how I see it.

This is correct.  I don't think anyone really expected WM to be at Auburn for more than 2-3 years, but the possibility of his tenure only lasting 1 year seemed pretty remote to most.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

auburn2eugene

« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2016, 02:10:20 PM »
Losing Rhett Lashlee would be a devastating blow to the Defensive Coordinators on our schedule. I'd really, REALLY love to see Coach Craig be the QB Coach/Passing Game OC & Coach Hand be the Running Game OC, then bring on a top shelf WR Coach.

+1
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

auburn2eugene

« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2016, 02:14:10 PM »
I've got Woodberry on the line asking if he can use that.

This is a pretty jaded crowd.  Don't take the responses personally...it's usually a business arrangement around here, anyway.  Cash for services...right, AWK?

This is correct.  I don't think anyone really expected WM to be at Auburn for more than 2-3 years, but the possibility of his tenure only lasting 1 year seemed pretty remote to most.

I agree wholeheartedly. CWM couldn't win at UF, one of the easiest places in major college football to win.  I thought we would be lucky to have him more than 2 seasons. But I for one thought it would take a year or 2 for someone to come calling. CSS was a legend at UF and had a really tough go of it at USCe. Whoever the PTB are in Columbia, I'm glad is not in power at AU. But then again,  we DID hire a 5-19 coach at one point...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2016, 03:04:20 PM »
WR's can't be coached to catch.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

The Six

• My Linktree
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2016, 05:23:23 PM »
I agree wholeheartedly. CWM couldn't win at UF, one of the easiest places in major college football to win.  I thought we would be lucky to have him more than 2 seasons. But I for one thought it would take a year or 2 for someone to come calling. CSS was a legend at UF and had a really tough go of it at USCe. Whoever the PTB are in Columbia, I'm glad is not in power at AU. But then again,  we DID hire a 5-19 coach at one point...

5-19 won a NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP.

Show some respect.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2016, 07:41:20 PM »

I too believe had the ole ball coach not retired, CWM would
Still be here. Odd timing that worked out well for CWM.

I don't hate him for it. We took a chance. It didn't work out like we'd hoped.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

The Six

• My Linktree
« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2016, 08:38:50 PM »
I too believe had the ole ball coach not retired, CWM would
Still be here. Odd timing that worked out well for CWM.

I don't hate him for it. We took a chance. It didn't work out like we'd hoped.

We were a rebound girl for him. We both got what we wanted and it is best to move on now and not dwell on the past.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions