Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Deontay Wilder

Token

Deontay Wilder
« on: January 18, 2016, 05:35:52 PM »
Does anyone care about boxing anymore?  Specifically, heavyweight? 

If any of you ever did, there are two guys on the rise right now that may bring something back to the sport. One is Deontay Wilder. Born in Tuscaloosa, fighting out of Birmingham. The other is England's Tyson Fury.

Wilder is the WBC heavyweight champion and Fury has the WBO and WBA belts. Tyson is far and away the best heavyweight right now, but Wilder has the power punch. After last Saturday, he is 36-0 with 35 KOs. After the fight, Fury entered the ring and put on a decent display.  Anyway, if any of you ever cared about it, it's becoming interesting again. Ever better that one is the top in the sport is from our home state.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

Re: Deontay Wilder
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2016, 05:37:43 PM »

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2016, 07:26:52 PM »
I am loving watching BombZquad drop these dudes. I hope he clocks Tyson Fumblestick into the next continent. Been a boxing fan by whole life and have waiting for an American Heavyweight I could root for since the early Tyson days. Glad to have it in Deontay.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2016, 10:10:44 AM »
Watched the 2 Title Fights on Showtime Sat night. The Polish guy gave him a decent match for 7-8 rounds. But with Wilder's size and reach, all he has to do is hit you one square time in the jaw and its night night. Which is exactly what happened. I was actually concerned about the Polish dude. He wasn't getting up at all. Then they wheel the stretcher out for him.

Can't believe a fight in America, the crowd was for the most part rooting for that Eastern European sunbitch. F that noise. Wilder showed em how we roll in Murica.....hope they all went back home sad and screwed in light bulbs together.

Like Token said, the best thing I took away from it all was that Heavyweight Boxing is indeed fun again with Wilder and Fury. Wilder is 6'7...Fury is 6'9. Holy shit. There is another dude that has the IBF title now....guy named Martin I think. Won the title also Sat night by way of the Ukranian dude tearing his ACL. Guy is a joke though. He wont keep it long. Wilder or Fury will crush this guy.

For those keeping score in the Heavy Weight Division:

Wilder (6'7 with an 83 inch reach) has the WBC

Martin (6'6 with an 80 inch reach) has the IBF

Fury (6'9 with an 85 inch reach) has the rest of them (4-5) including the Unified.

Quite complifusing and confrustrating. And good gosh at the mammoth dimensions on each.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2016, 10:19:24 AM by GH2001 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2016, 11:18:24 AM »
For those keeping score in the Heavy Weight Division:

Wilder (6'7 with an 83 inch reach) has the WBC

Martin (6'6 with an 80 inch reach) has the IBF

Fury (6'9 with an 85 inch reach) has the rest of them (4-5) including the Unified.

Quite complifusing and confrustrating. And good gosh at the mammoth dimensions on each.

Where is one of those protest groups when you need them.

Kahns. every last one of them! We are doomed if they breed!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

GH2001

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2016, 11:32:18 AM »
Where is one of those protest groups when you need them.

Kahns. every last one of them! We are doomed if they breed!

They make it fun again though. Like the Tyson, Holyfield, Lewis era.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2016, 11:45:17 AM »
They make it fun again though. Like the Tyson, Holyfield, Lewis era.

Don King Jr.?   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2016, 02:36:29 PM »
What a puss.

Rocky would have gotten back up and let Wilder punch him in the face about 80 more times while declaring "you ain't so bad." 

That guy just fell down.  Where's the fun in that?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

GH2001

« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2016, 02:42:06 PM »
What a puss.

Rocky would have gotten back up and let Wilder punch him in the face about 80 more times while declaring "you ain't so bad." 

That guy just fell down.  Where's the fun in that?

You make it sound like it was a choice. Only in movies.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2016, 10:20:22 AM »