Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Tonight, tonight...

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
Re: Tonight, tonight...
« Reply #40 on: January 12, 2016, 11:30:39 AM »
Did not watch one play of the game and I feel so much better today for it.  Now, if I can just move out of this state for the next 6 weeks, it will be all good.

We have a spare room and the Mrs. would love to see you. :gig:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

chinook

« Reply #41 on: January 12, 2016, 12:01:06 PM »

We have a spare room and the Mrs. would love to see you. :gig:

buzz don't forget your tire jack.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #42 on: January 12, 2016, 12:06:50 PM »
buzz don't forget your tire jack.

Nonsense a stop at Victorias Secret will handle that.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #43 on: January 12, 2016, 01:01:32 PM »
Did not watch one play of the game and I feel so much better today for it.  Now, if I can just move out of this state for the next 6 weeks, it will be all good.
Possibly the next 6 years.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #44 on: January 12, 2016, 01:32:47 PM »
Possibly the next 6 years.

You may be closer to the reality here...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #45 on: January 12, 2016, 01:34:35 PM »
You may be closer to the reality here...
Until he retires every year will be the same and then they hire Dabo and it remains the same.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

« Reply #46 on: January 12, 2016, 01:46:34 PM »
Until he retires every year will be the same and then they hire Dabo and it remains the same.
I don't even call what they do college football anymore... Was it this bad in the 70s?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"X's and O's they haunt Gus" - Elle King

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #47 on: January 12, 2016, 02:05:00 PM »
IMO, Locally it was worst, but nationally there was not near the slobbering.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2016, 03:53:06 PM by dallaswareagle »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #48 on: January 12, 2016, 02:13:29 PM »
They have built a great program. But just like wine the Bahr was here, the people will finally start demanding n accounting of practices. The REC live on the edge of the rules. Most likely we will find out thy have blatantly ignored the rules and the NCAA has turned a blind eye.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #49 on: January 12, 2016, 05:03:39 PM »
They have built a great program. But just like wine the Bahr was here, the people will finally start demanding n accounting of practices. The REC live on the edge of the rules. Most likely we will find out thy have blatantly ignored the rules and the NCAA has turned a blind eye.

Well after the fact.  When it no longer matters. 

As for Dumbo?  He won't succeed at Bama.  It takes a dictatorial asshole to do so there.  He doesn't have that mentality.  I don't see another coach out there there as big a prick as saban.  Good guys, nice guys, players coaches, emotional coaches ...'all will get ground up by the boosters.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #50 on: January 12, 2016, 05:59:33 PM »
Good guys, nice guys, players coaches, emotional coaches ...'all will get ground up by the boosters.

How about this guy?

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #51 on: January 12, 2016, 06:40:40 PM »
How about this guy?

The bus will leave without him
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #52 on: January 12, 2016, 11:33:36 PM »
How about this guy?

Nope.  He's not a douche. 

I'm telling you, I've walked this path before.  Saban will leave.  They'll call somebody back home to Mama ( :puke:) and he'll do okay (Ray Perkins) for a while.  They'll start to flounder and go off the beaten path trying to net another Saban (and end up with Bill Curry).  At this point -- about eight or nine years removed from their last title of any kind -- they'll get desperate and bring somebody back with ties to Saban (Stallings then, Smart, Muschamp, Fisher whoever now).  Whoever they bring back will think he can do what Saban did, cheat his fucking ass off and get busted.  Then he'll quit.  They'll raise up one of his assistants hoping to keep the gravy train running (DuBose then, Scott Cochran now) and things will implode.  They'll try to recapture the glory days and will hire a former player (Shula then, McCarron, McGinger, or some other fuckhole now) and the decline will be epic.  At that point they'll either luck up and hire somebody who can resurrect the program or they'll hire somebody that buries it for decades.  Won't matter to me because I'll be too old to care or dead by the time that comes around. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #53 on: January 13, 2016, 09:31:46 AM »
Nope.  He's not a douche. 

I'm telling you, I've walked this path before.  Saban will leave.  They'll call somebody back home to Mama ( :puke:) and he'll do okay (Ray Perkins) for a while.  They'll start to flounder and go off the beaten path trying to net another Saban (and end up with Bill Curry).  At this point -- about eight or nine years removed from their last title of any kind -- they'll get desperate and bring somebody back with ties to Saban (Stallings then, Smart, Muschamp, Fisher whoever now).  Whoever they bring back will think he can do what Saban did, cheat his fucking ass off and get busted.  Then he'll quit.  They'll raise up one of his assistants hoping to keep the gravy train running (DuBose then, Scott Cochran now) and things will implode.  They'll try to recapture the glory days and will hire a former player (Shula then, McCarron, McGinger, or some other fuckhole now) and the decline will be epic.  At that point they'll either luck up and hire somebody who can resurrect the program or they'll hire somebody that buries it for decades.  Won't matter to me because I'll be too old to care or dead by the time that comes around.

Although I agree Shula isnt a great coach, I dont think he was inept considering the hand he was dealt there. Seems like a nice enough guy which is probably why it didnt work out, as you said - too nice.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE