Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

So...if Auburn loses to Memphis

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
So...if Auburn loses to Memphis
« on: December 29, 2015, 09:53:46 PM »
Will Coach Malzahn get the Tony Barbee treatment (fired in the parking lot)? Bring on Chip Kelly!!!!!!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Re: So...if Auburn loses to Memphis
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2015, 12:23:14 AM »

No. No. No.

Do not want. No.

No. No. Nay. Nein.

No. Negative. Nope.

No. Naw. Nu-uh.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2015, 02:54:05 AM »
I hope so!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

jmar

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2015, 06:15:32 AM »
Just listening to Jacobs yesterday on the OD (along with Joe Theismann) one gets the feeling that he can do as he pleases and has no intention of making any such radical change.

Kelly isn't folksy enough to deal with Auburn nor can he fake it for any kind of money.   

It's a tidier transition to:
A)slog through Birmingham,
B)find a DC,
C)create an atmosphere that encourages Johnson and/or White to transfer ASAP or during Spring practice as the situation necessitates.
We will find a DC, replace a few coaches, reintroduce the read option and revisit the option of replacing Malzahn, only with a smaller buyout this time next season. And I have very little confidence we will be any better off by January, 2017.   

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2015, 07:56:49 AM »
Just listening to Jacobs yesterday on the OD (along with Joe Theismann) one gets the feeling that he can do as he pleases and has no intention of making any such radical change.

Kelly isn't folksy enough to deal with Auburn nor can he fake it for any kind of money.   

It's a tidier transition to:
A)slog through Birmingham,
B)find a DC,
C)create an atmosphere that encourages Johnson and/or White to transfer ASAP or during Spring practice as the situation necessitates.
We will find a DC, replace a few coaches, reintroduce the read option and revisit the option of replacing Malzahn, only with a smaller buyout this time next season. And I have very little confidence we will be any better off by January, 2017.   

You are speaking the truth.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2015, 09:13:45 AM »
In trading Gus for Kelly, all we get is essentially the same style Offense (that many bitch about), a much less nice guy (this actually matters to the fan base and recruits), pay a huge buyout to Gus, pay a huge salary to Chip.....and all for what? I just don't see it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2015, 09:20:39 AM »
In trading Gus for Kelly, all we get is essentially the same style Offense (that many bitch about), a much less nice guy (this actually matters to the fan base and recruits), pay a huge buyout to Gus, pay a huge salary to Chip.....and all for what? I just don't see it.

Agreed.  The middle of the pack 2010 AU defense held Kelley's best team ever to 19 points on an indoor track.  The elite of the SEC would eat him up.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2015, 09:27:52 AM »
Agreed.  The middle of the pack 2010 AU defense held Kelley's best team ever to 19 points on an indoor track.  The elite of the SEC would eat him up.

A repeat broadcast of the 2010 iron bowl was on last night on CBS Sports. I was watching our D closely in the 2nd half. We had shut them down, lights out. Roof made some crazy sick adjustments at the half. Our D's really were not that bad under Roof. The players were swarming, compared to what I saw under EJ and to a lesser degree, WM. He did what he could with what he had under Chiz. On the other hand, Chiz got manhandled last night by teh QB-less Baylor Bears. Things that make ya go hmmmm.....
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE