Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

New DC...

jmar

Re: New DC...
« Reply #100 on: December 31, 2015, 07:48:21 PM »
Well, Lance Thompson is gone to USCe.
We had to see this coming.
He was either getting the job or moving on. Besides...he wasn't Puritan enough.

Our loss!
« Last Edit: December 31, 2015, 07:51:35 PM by jmar »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #101 on: December 31, 2015, 08:27:07 PM »
We had to see this coming.
He was either getting the job or moving on. Besides...he wasn't Puritan enough.

Our loss!

Where has this been confirm?  I do not see.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #102 on: December 31, 2015, 09:04:21 PM »

Corch Muschump tweeted it with 2 Spurs Up (gay).
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

jmar

« Reply #103 on: December 31, 2015, 09:08:46 PM »

Corch Muschump tweeted it with 2 Spurs Up (gay).
:facepalm: Maybe gay, but disappointing all the same. We actually performed in unison on all three levels...at the same time!

Yeah. that's what in unison means, I know. Also drinking, so there!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #104 on: December 31, 2015, 11:00:11 PM »

A couple of the AU sites are reporting it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #105 on: December 31, 2015, 11:57:01 PM »
If is phat philllip marshals report it the. Fuck him!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #106 on: January 01, 2016, 12:09:27 AM »
If is phat philllip marshals report it the. Fuck him!

8 shots in now
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #107 on: January 01, 2016, 02:21:27 AM »
Hahaha.  Take my goddam. Phones. In will find it.

Why the fucks will be go to COAM.  COCKS. Mother humosub.

Hey.  Happy New Years to this. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #108 on: January 01, 2016, 10:17:37 AM »
I think I'm caring less about Steele being hired or Thompson leaving. Until an entire change in culture, philosophy, and atmosphere occurs in the program, we will be relying on a high scoring offense with a defense that is "bend but don't break." Just get us some consistency in the coaching staff, forget recruiting ultra-talented guys, and have a defense that can average 29 points a game while our offense averages 30. That's how Malzahn wins, and he'll be fired if his offense can't hit the 30 mark.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #109 on: January 01, 2016, 11:16:01 AM »
I think I'm caring less about Steele being hired or Thompson leaving. Until an entire change in culture, philosophy, and atmosphere occurs in the program, we will be relying on a high scoring offense with a defense that is "bend but don't break." Just get us some consistency in the coaching staff, forget recruiting ultra-talented guys, and have a defense that can average 29 points a game while our offense averages 30. That's how Malzahn wins, and he'll be fired if his offense can't hit the 30 mark.

Disagree. I'll give Gus credit for one thing.  He's doing everything he can to get the best players and coaches possible on the defensive side of the ball.  Has been since he was hired. Don't dare stop recruiting 4* and 5* kids for your defense.  Bama's not.  Ole Mi$$ is in the arms race. So is Georgia and Florida and LSU. If a coach leaves...and they do all the time at every program.  How many DC's did we go through in CTT's tenure?  Find the best you possibly can to replace him.  Gus is doing that.  Whether or not Steele is the man to get it done, time will tell.  But Gus just hired LSU's DC.  He's doing everything he can.   

I still hold that a lot of our problem (Not QB or play calling) comes from the wrong philosophy in the weight room. I watched several times last night when Bama D-Linemen threw their man to the ground like rag dolls.  It was complete and utter domination because it was a bunch of full grown men facing boys.  But under Gus, I'm afraid that's the part that's not going to change.  Anyway, that's a debate for another day.  I say don't take your foot off the gas. Never stop getting the best players and coaches you can and keep working to improve your defense. 
« Last Edit: January 01, 2016, 11:19:42 AM by Snaggletiger »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

djsimp

« Reply #110 on: January 01, 2016, 12:02:31 PM »
Hahaha.  Take my goddam. Phones. In will find it.

Why the fucks will be go to COAM.  COCKS. Mother humosub.

Hey.  Happy New Years to this.

Watch your step, that first one will kick your ass.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #111 on: January 01, 2016, 12:54:18 PM »
Disagree. I'll give Gus credit for one thing.  He's doing everything he can to get the best players and coaches possible on the defensive side of the ball.  Has been since he was hired. Don't dare stop recruiting 4* and 5* kids for your defense.  Bama's not.  Ole Mi$$ is in the arms race. So is Georgia and Florida and LSU. If a coach leaves...and they do all the time at every program.  How many DC's did we go through in CTT's tenure?  Find the best you possibly can to replace him.  Gus is doing that.  Whether or not Steele is the man to get it done, time will tell.  But Gus just hired LSU's DC.  He's doing everything he can.   

I still hold that a lot of our problem (Not QB or play calling) comes from the wrong philosophy in the weight room. I watched several times last night when Bama D-Linemen threw their man to the ground like rag dolls.  It was complete and utter domination because it was a bunch of full grown men facing boys.  But under Gus, I'm afraid that's the part that's not going to change.  Anyway, that's a debate for another day.  I say don't take your foot off the gas. Never stop getting the best players and coaches you can and keep working to improve your defense.
We stood up physically against Alabama for three quarters and performed as well as we could (better than most) considering the lack of execution/play calling by the offense. Some of what goes into being deemed a four or five star recruit is work in the weight room over and beyond ones natural abilities. Alabama has a decided depth advantage over every team they play and have since Saban's second or third season.
The teams that have beaten them had front line talent to go toe to toe with them and score points against them while they were "managing" the ballgame. Kiffen was brought in to open things up somewhat while still maintaining that power run/play action identity.
Under Malzahn we expected to be sitting where Dabo Swinney has his program. Clemson has stayed true to form with the dual threat QB after failing with the baseball player Kyle Parker. Beyond that, they recruit a near top five class every season. They noted our formula from 2010 and they built on it while we went backwards in the many ways that THS described above which resulted in the firing of Chizik.

We stumbled out of the gate this season and only slightly recovered. The defense began to play better after the LSU beatdown.
Jovon Robinson appeared but there was the QB diliemma (either/or and both) on top of that goddamned point killer, the wildcat. It's certainly Legatron's best friend.

The answer is to stay with what you know with the best Jimmy's and Joe's.
And we all know that a dual threat QB capable of executing the zone/read is what this offense requires. Varoom!       
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #112 on: January 01, 2016, 01:09:16 PM »
Dec. 6th
@KGEELover (Tara Greene) I know a certain alumni who's ready to come out of retirement and be a LB coach...KEVIN GREENE #WarEagle
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

jmar

« Reply #113 on: January 01, 2016, 01:38:32 PM »
Dec. 6th
@KGEELover (Tara Greene) I know a certain alumni who's ready to come out of retirement and be a LB coach...KEVIN GREENE #WarEagle
Let's hope so. We lose four LBs including all three starters.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

« Reply #114 on: January 01, 2016, 04:04:42 PM »
Let's hope so. We lose four LBs including all three starters.

That sucks
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #115 on: January 01, 2016, 04:07:37 PM »
We stood up physically against Alabama for three quarters and performed as well as we could (better than most) considering the lack of execution/play calling by the offense. Some of what goes into being deemed a four or five star recruit is work in the weight room over and beyond ones natural abilities. Alabama has a decided depth advantage over every team they play and have since Saban's second or third season.
The teams that have beaten them had front line talent to go toe to toe with them and score points against them while they were "managing" the ballgame. Kiffen was brought in to open things up somewhat while still maintaining that power run/play action identity.
Under Malzahn we expected to be sitting where Dabo Swinney has his program. Clemson has stayed true to form with the dual threat QB after failing with the baseball player Kyle Parker. Beyond that, they recruit a near top five class every season. They noted our formula from 2010 and they built on it while we went backwards in the many ways that THS described above which resulted in the firing of Chizik.

We stumbled out of the gate this season and only slightly recovered. The defense began to play better after the LSU beatdown.
Jovon Robinson appeared but there was the QB diliemma (either/or and both) on top of that goddamned point killer, the wildcat. It's certainly Legatron's best friend.

The answer is to stay with what you know with the best Jimmy's and Joe's.
And we all know that a dual threat QB capable of executing the zone/read is what this offense requires. Varoom!       

Yes, we were a QB away from having a real chance to win the Iron Bowl.  Along with several other games.  And yes, Malzahn needs to find a QB to run what he does best and stick with it.  But the Iron Bowl is a perfect example of what I'm talking about.  We didn't rush for 100 yards and they had ONE back that rushed for more yards than Auburn's TOTAL yardage.  You can play inspired defense and hang in there.  And you damn well better in the Iron Bowl.  But at the end of the day, that's called getting your ass whipped in the trenches on both sides of the ball.

A legit QB is going to cure a lot of ills.  But I'm hoping Steele comes in and demands that his front 7 be as strong and physical as possible. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #116 on: January 01, 2016, 05:00:04 PM »

Agreed, but until Gus can force feed his players PED's with no fear of any retribution, he won't have the same kind of D Line.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

jmar

« Reply #117 on: January 01, 2016, 05:50:06 PM »
Yes, we were a QB away from having a real chance to win the Iron Bowl.  Along with several other games.  And yes, Malzahn needs to find a QB to run what he does best and stick with it.  But the Iron Bowl is a perfect example of what I'm talking about.  We didn't rush for 100 yards and they had ONE back that rushed for more yards than Auburn's TOTAL yardage.  You can play inspired defense and hang in there.  And you damn well better in the Iron Bowl.  But at the end of the day, that's called getting your ass whipped in the trenches on both sides of the ball.

A legit QB is going to cure a lot of ills.  But I'm hoping Steele comes in and demands that his front 7 be as strong and physical as possible.
Post Bryant- pre Stallings and during their turbulent years prior to hiring Saban...those were the years we actually beat them up front on both sides of the ball; but it's more of an anomaly and more often we have competed at a disadvantage and it's all but a given throughout the history of the rivalry.
Those fans who appeared during the Tuberville years have a somewhat distorted perspective.
And even in our most recent wins against them we might have fought them to a draw up front and needed late heroics to pull it oiff.  That's just part of being an Auburn fan in this series. We aren't going to dominate Alabama!   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #118 on: January 02, 2016, 10:20:00 AM »
LSU hired Dave Aranda from Wisconsin.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

jmar

« Reply #119 on: January 02, 2016, 10:25:11 AM »
LSU hired Dave Aranda from Wisconsin.
Are you shitting me? Oh well, everybody gets the jump on us for the best. We might have at least called the guy before Les snatched him up.

« Last Edit: January 02, 2016, 11:11:05 AM by jmar »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions