Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Here's the Republican front runner...

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
Re: Here's the Republican front runner...
« Reply #1220 on: April 30, 2016, 07:15:22 AM »
So, Trump likes guns.

http://conservativetribune.com/trump-plan-2nd-amendment/?utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=WesternJournalism&utm_content=2016-04-28&utm_campaign=manualpost

Again? It's about the 5th time he's adopted that stance. Oh that's right. The race shifts to some folksy Midwestern states. The north east is over.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #1221 on: May 01, 2016, 03:36:32 PM »
Again? It's about the 5th time he's adopted that stance. Oh that's right. The race shifts to some folksy Midwestern states. The north east is over.

It's all about the sex appeal I thought. See present Prez and the medias oral fixation. The new way to the White House is to say what people want to hear which all depends on where you are at. To hell with an actual moral stance which that in of itself is very skewed nowadays.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #1222 on: May 03, 2016, 09:02:08 PM »
Cruz drops out, or suspends his campaign, after crushing defeat in the Hoosier State. Trump could reach the required delegates to secure the nomination. Trump can thank the men voters for this victory.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #1223 on: May 04, 2016, 09:05:18 AM »
Cruz drops out, or suspends his campaign, after crushing defeat in the Hoosier State. Trump could reach the required delegates to secure the nomination. Trump can thank the men voters for this victory.

Could reach?

Dude. He's the nominee now. Nothing is in the way now. He will romp in California.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #1224 on: May 04, 2016, 09:15:01 AM »
Could reach?

Dude. He's the nominee now. Nothing is in the way now. He will romp in California.

Friggin shameful all of this is. Trump can think misogynistic bigots for this nomination. I would vote for a paper bag full of dog shit before I cast a die his way.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

GH2001

« Reply #1225 on: May 04, 2016, 09:31:03 AM »
Friggin shameful all of this is. Trump can think misogynistic bigots for this nomination. I would vote for a paper bag full of dog shit before I cast a die his way.

See this is what presents an issue for trump. You will have a big piece of principled people (whether you agree with them or not) sitting at home or voting 3rd party now. Trump is going to have to pull some independents and blue dog dems over in good chunks. It's possible but I do think he has an uphill battle. We could see an election like 2000 where the dem wins popular and the GOP wins electoral.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #1227 on: May 04, 2016, 10:25:33 AM »

You do not understand grass roots America at all.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Ogre

« Reply #1228 on: May 04, 2016, 10:33:02 AM »
Trump is going to have to pull some independents and blue dog dems over in good chunks. It's possible but I do think he has an uphill battle.

It's like I think it and you type it 5 minutes before I type it in another thread. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #1229 on: May 04, 2016, 10:37:16 AM »
You do not understand grass roots America at all.

If "grass roots America" produces that, I don't want to.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

GH2001

« Reply #1230 on: May 04, 2016, 10:49:03 AM »
If "grass roots America" produces that, I don't want to.

Grass roots is now being a billionaire pandering to the masses.

It used to be small donations and large ground games from regular citizens ala the Bernie and Cruz campaigns. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #1231 on: May 04, 2016, 11:06:25 AM »
Grass roots is now being a billionaire pandering to the masses.

It used to be small donations and large ground games from regular citizens ala the Bernie and Cruz campaigns.

They are all billionaires and millionaires. What is your point?

Right. You don't have a point except that you hate Trump.

Go ahead, waste your vote. And then pound your chest and let everyone see your piety.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

GH2001

« Reply #1232 on: May 04, 2016, 11:11:01 AM »
They are all billionaires and millionaires. What is your point?

Right. You don't have a point except that you hate Trump.

Go ahead, waste your vote. And then pound your chest and let everyone see your piety.

No one mentioned hating anyone. Just stating the obvious. And no, looking at their tax returns the two latter candidates are not in fact billionaires. Not even close.

It's not an indictment of anyone. Just an observation. Typically grass roots has historically meant having lots of volunteers on the ground in lots of places and getting small donations from lots of people, starting with nothing. That's all izzz saying. If Trump is grass roots then I'm saying the definition of grass roots has changed a bit. 

Cool your jets for a minute Trigger. No one is mad atcha.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #1233 on: May 04, 2016, 11:15:29 AM »
Grassroots has changed to pissed off.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #1234 on: May 04, 2016, 11:19:57 AM »
Grassroots has changed to pissed off.

You pretty much said the same thing I did but in lesser and different words. But he "liked" yours. You should feel honored.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #1235 on: May 04, 2016, 11:23:21 AM »
You pretty much said the same thing I did but in lesser and different words. But he "liked" yours. You should feel honored.

I don't like the name Trigger. She was my first and I had less control then...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #1236 on: May 04, 2016, 11:42:37 AM »
No one mentioned hating anyone. Just stating the obvious. And no, looking at their tax returns the two latter candidates are not in fact billionaires. Not even close.

It's not an indictment of anyone. Just an observation. Typically grass roots has historically meant having lots of volunteers on the ground in lots of places and getting small donations from lots of people, starting with nothing. That's all izzz saying. If Trump is grass roots then I'm saying the definition of grass roots has changed a bit. 

Cool your jets for a minute Trigger. No one is mad atcha.

They are still career politicians.

I am completely against career politicians and the way Washington is run. You shouldn't be able to make a life long career out of a job that was originally intended to be a "service to the people".
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #1237 on: May 04, 2016, 11:55:22 AM »
They are still career politicians.

I am completely against career politicians and the way Washington is run. You shouldn't be able to make a life long career out of a job that was originally intended to be a "service to the people".

I agree totally. But I do realize guys like trump, Perot and Eisenhower are the exception. Not everyone can go straight to the White House like that. You either need to be super rich or super exposed outside the political realm like Ike. Most have to step their way into it by virtue of past experience and climbing up the ladder incrementally.

Career politicians and insiders? Let's take a look just for good measure.

Kasich was elected in the 80s. And served over 20 years. Now is a governor. - yes

Bernie has been on Capitol Hill for 35 years. Before that mayor of Burlington Vt, before that was a bum protestor - emphatically yes

Cruz has been in DC for 3.5 years. Before that worked one term as solicitor general of tx and in private practice the rest of his career - not hardly.

Rubio has been in the senate for 5.5 years and his one term will end in January - no.

Jeb, Christie and some of their ilk - absolutely.

Trump - never held political office - no

Aside from rubios gang of 8 slip, I think he and Cruz have done everything they can while in DC including filibustering rogue legislation. 1/2 people can only do so much alone. They did what they could. I don't consider them nor Rand Paul the problem. They all fought the problem.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2016, 11:59:48 AM by GH2001 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #1238 on: May 04, 2016, 12:23:00 PM »

Aside from rubios gang of 8 slip, I think he and Cruz have done everything they can while in DC including filibustering rogue legislation. 1/2 people can only do so much alone. They did what they could. I don't consider them nor Rand Paul the problem. They all fought the problem.

Agreed. That is why the GOP didn't want Cruz either in my opinion.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions