Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Here's the Republican front runner...

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
Re: Here's the Republican front runner...
« Reply #920 on: March 18, 2016, 09:14:39 AM »
You'll have to give me $5.  But since you're one of the freeloaders who expects "the rich" to give you things, I'll just give it to myself and skip the process of paying $12 tax, waiting on the government to send you the check and then having to sue you for the $5 it  because you spent it on beer and pork rinds instead of taking care of your obligations and then having to watch you hold a sit-in protest because you didn't get enough of my money and I'm evil since I worked hard to make it and you don't have free HBO.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #921 on: March 18, 2016, 09:15:44 AM »
This was all funny to me until I found out that Prowler doesn't have HBO.

What is wrong with you people?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #922 on: March 18, 2016, 11:41:54 AM »
Bunch of Cheetos eating Bernie Sanders supporting losers whose sole purpose for existence is converting oxygen into carbon dioxide.

Those were my Cheetos to begin with, but I had to share them cause the Dear leader said to.

Now they have Cheetos to eat and I have none, so I'll go back to work so I can get more. So they can have more.

Mercia.     
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Token

« Reply #923 on: March 18, 2016, 11:42:38 AM »
Why can't every year being election year?  This shit is better than watching Bamagrad try to break down in depth why a shitty 4-15 2004 Alabama team was going to beat Auburn.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #924 on: March 18, 2016, 11:59:29 AM »
Why can't every year being election year?  This shit is better than watching Bamagrad try to break down in depth why a shitty 4-15 2004 Alabama team was going to beat Auburn.

You're such a fucking idiot. And I've got a pie chart to prove it.

Wonder where Bamagrad is not wearing houndstooth gear these days.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #925 on: March 18, 2016, 01:18:48 PM »
From Louis CK's weekly email. Just about exactly what I've been trying to say in this thread.
Here's a scene from the show he was promoting in the email. Just got around to watching it. It's good.

Here's a scene I think is relevant to this thread.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #926 on: March 18, 2016, 01:35:50 PM »
Amusing how the "voice of reason" grabs the liberal playbook and says everyone should "demand their fair share."   

Allow me to retort. 

Fuck fair share.  There is no fair share.  There is what I earn from the work I perform and what you earn from yours.  At no point should I be required to give up any of mine because you chose not to take advantages of opportunities to earn yours.

As far as "conservative" (if I am one) the guy did a terrible job of articulating it. 

Conservative to me means you believe in traditional values, the sanctity of the constitution (not as its bent to mean but as it actually intends), the concept of personal accountability, the concept of small federal government/involvement, the power of economic capitalism when freed of political intervention and the strength of the American military. 
« Last Edit: March 18, 2016, 01:38:36 PM by Kaos »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #927 on: March 18, 2016, 01:51:32 PM »
I believe that this is a practical world and that I can count only on what I earn. Therefore, I believe in work, hard work.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #928 on: March 18, 2016, 02:09:11 PM »
Amusing how the "voice of reason" grabs the liberal playbook and says everyone should "demand their fair share."

FYI, that character established himself earlier in the episode as the Trump supporter.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #929 on: March 18, 2016, 02:09:57 PM »
Here's a scene from the show he was promoting in the email. Just got around to watching it. It's good.

Here's a scene I think is relevant to this thread.

You are right that this piece was relevant to this thread. And thanks for contributing. However, I'm certain that I would hate you regardless of your political affiliation or stance.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #930 on: March 18, 2016, 03:30:51 PM »
FYI, that character established himself earlier in the episode as the Trump supporter.

Then it was a total farce and meant nothing.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #931 on: March 18, 2016, 04:23:10 PM »
Then it was a total farce and meant nothing.

SELDOM DOES!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

« Reply #932 on: March 18, 2016, 05:47:04 PM »
I believe that this is a practical world and that I can count only on what I earn. Therefore, I believe in work, hard work.

Why don't you go back to AUFamily with that kind of attitude?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

« Reply #933 on: March 18, 2016, 07:02:16 PM »
https://www.google.com/amp/m.huffpost.com/us/entry/conservatives-against-trump-issue-statement_us_56eb1e79e4b03a640a6a07f6/amp?client=safari

Here is an actual threat to Trump's candidacy. These MFers are scared to death of someone they can't control.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #934 on: March 18, 2016, 07:21:46 PM »
https://www.google.com/amp/m.huffpost.com/us/entry/conservatives-against-trump-issue-statement_us_56eb1e79e4b03a640a6a07f6/amp?client=safari

Here is an actual threat to Trump's candidacy. These MFers are scared to death of someone they can't control.

They don't speak for me. 

The fact that a select group feels compelled to veto the will of the people tells me all I need to know about this process.  It's over. 

What they are too stupid to realize in their collective fear-driven narcissism they are doing nothing but guaranteeing that Trump will win enough delegates to take the convention. If they continue and deny him, they are handing the election to the bitch from hell.  If they are willing to fuck over the country to "protect the party" then it all needs to burn. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

« Reply #935 on: March 18, 2016, 07:33:48 PM »
I think the GOP will go against voters and nominate Cruz. I think Hillary will be next president, and I think this will be the legit start of a serious 3rd party candidate in future elections.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #936 on: March 18, 2016, 07:51:53 PM »
You want to know the funny thing about it, Kaos and others think I'm a "freeloader" because I want what's best for the American people. When I see Billion dollar companies not paying their share, I don't like that, especially when they give their CEOs million dollar raises. But them damn illegals, stealin our jobs (Trump owes his buildings to said illegals, but whatever) and the terrorists (we already have terrorists here they're just of a different skin color and they don't have long names, but whatever).

For the "poorly educated" Trump supporters, all of the above is true and there's only ONE candidate that will fight those billion dollar corporations and make them pay what they owe, Bernie Mother Fuckin Sanders.

#BoomHeadshot
#Bernie2016
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #937 on: March 18, 2016, 09:24:53 PM »
Yeah, that paltry 39% tax rate that companies are saddled with here (the 3rd highest tax rate in the world, while you're bullshitting) just isn't enough to fill the gimmedat slush fund. Meanwhile, 47% of the American people pay no income tax at all (the takers), whereas the richest 1% (the givers) pay just under 25% of all income taxes collected.

Tell me again who it is not pulling their weight? It's the no load bums sitting on their lazy ass waiting on a handout who need to drop the smartphone and grab ahold of the rope.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

AUownsU

• Hold my beer.
« Reply #938 on: March 18, 2016, 10:29:52 PM »
I'd be willing to cut corporate taxes if they'd agree to do away with free trade and reestablish the taxes and tariffs on imports that were used in this country for over two hundred years.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #939 on: March 18, 2016, 10:51:04 PM »
Yeah, that paltry 39% tax rate that companies are saddled with here (the 3rd highest tax rate in the world, while you're bullshitting) just isn't enough to fill the gimmedat slush fund. Meanwhile, 47% of the American people pay no income tax at all (the takers), whereas the richest 1% (the givers) pay just under 25% of all income taxes collected.

Tell me again who it is not pulling their weight? It's the no load bums sitting on their lazy ass waiting on a handout who need to drop the smartphone and grab ahold of the rope.

Long...but I've had enough of this shit.

Don't waste facts and logic on this guy.  He wants what's "best for America".  Prowlie, you've based your argument several times in this thread on Bernie's $200K threshold and the assumption that those you're making the argument to don't earn that or more annually.  You even specifically called out Token in telling him his argument wasn't valid and telling everyone he wouldn't be affected because he doesn't earn that in a year.

I have no idea what Token or anyone else on this board makes.  He may have a side job selling confiscated pot where he rakes in $500K/yr.  Who knows?  Who gives a fuck?  I've never seen anyone brag or complain about their income on this board.  It's not something you do.  I'm not going to do that either, but I'm not going to shy away from the fact that I make a good living. Am I rich or wealthy?  Well, what's your definition of those terms?  Can I pay my bills?  Yes.  Can I send my kid to college?  Yes.  Can I take the fam on regular vacations? Yes I can.  Do I buy a can of "Great Value" green beans at the store over "Del Monte" because I can save 17 cents?  No.  If I need a new pair of running shoes, do I get the $89.00 Brooks that look great and feel good on my feet, or do I think better of it and settle for the $59.00 Nike's on clearance.  You get the picture.

Is that rich or wealthy?  By the same token (Pun intended) can I go buy that $450K beach house I so desperately want? Maybe. Probably could swing it if I rented it out.  But it would put me in a precarious position and stretch me to the limit.  Here's the thing...I have no complaints with my financial situation.  Things could change tomorrow but right now, I'm perfectly happy being able to live life without money being priority one on my list.  Can I throw money around, go buy me a $100K boat...a $90K Mercedes?  Hell no.  Can I buy lunch for you and some friends and not worry about it?  Yeah, that's where I'm at.  That's what I consider "rich".

Now...here's where I want you...specifically you, Prowler...to pay attention.  This is 100% fact.  100% truth. I graduated from AU in 84'.  I worked in insurance as an adjuster for almost 15 years.  Had a good job.  Was at $50K plus...a car...good benefits.  But I realized I was pretty much topped out.  I was never going any farther in the position I was in.  And the job was getting tougher by the week.  So, I made the decision to try and get in law school.  I sat up nights doing LSAT study guides and practice tests.  I spent the money and took the test and did pretty good.  Enough to get offers from numerous law schools.  Step 2:

I chose Jones Law School in Montgomery because I could commute after work and go to night school.  I had a family and couldn't take 3 1/2 years off without pay to pursue my goal. For 3 1/2 years, I worked 8 to 5 and hopped in my car and drove 2 hours to Montgomery, went to class for 3 hours, got back in my car and went south for 2 hours. Got home at 12:00 5 nights a week and studied for an hour.  Went to bed, got up and did it all over again.  Did that for over 3 years.  How did I pay for it?  I cashed in my 401K from the company I worked for and took out loans for the rest.  Oh, and my company didn't want me using their vehicle to drive back and forth so I took on another loan for a Honda Accord.

When I finished school, I had a 3 day pop quiz called the Alabama State Bar that I had to pass or everything I'd done meant exactly squat.  I had zero money in the bank.  Zero retirement or savings...all cashed in.  And I was around $45K in debt with just student loans and car payments.  Despite a nervous breakdown half way through...I passed.  So, as I said earlier, me and a colleague decided to hang a shingle out (As many on this board have done) and see what happens.  For almost 14 years, it's grown and it's worked.  I'm proud of that.  Not gloating, just proud that sacrifice and hard work has paid off so far.

I hope you see where I'm going with this. Between Federal and State taxes, Obama Care and countless other dices and slices from my paycheck, I barely bring home half, if that, of what I earn.  We employ 6 people in our mom & pop firm and pay a lot of their benefits.  And YOU think I should pay, according your candidate's plan, 5% more?  Hell...to the FUCK....NO!!!!  I put myself and my family through hell for years and years to get to this point. I already pay out the ASS. In fact, I still have $7K to pay on those student loans. I'll be damned if you think I have anything other than utter contempt for anyone who thinks I should do more for those that do less.

Here's what you're not getting at all.  There's PLENTY of money there.  It's a matter of getting someone in office who knows how and has the ability to appropriate it accordingly.  You don't need to tax by classes.  The money is already there.  Spend it more wisely. Come after me for more than I pay now and I'll stick my size 12's up your mother fucking ass.                 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions