Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Here's the Republican front runner...

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
Re: Here's the Republican front runner...
« Reply #580 on: March 06, 2016, 05:19:56 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #581 on: March 06, 2016, 05:34:53 PM »
Somebody needs to let me know what Eddie Murphy thinks.  We got the esteemed economist Louis CK on record.  We need to know where Murphy and Jim Belushi stand.  And what about Melissa McCarthy? 

Don't hand me shit from CK.  I don't care what any comedian from Jim Carey to Colbert to that British snob to the black news guy on SNL has to say. 

The more these people talk the more I'm inclined to vote for Trump.
It's sad that comedians speak the truth rather than the media. Lewis Black, Bill Maher, John Stewart, George Carlin, John Oliver, Stephen Colbert...are ones that I'd listen to over any media outlet.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #582 on: March 06, 2016, 05:55:05 PM »
It's sad that comedians speak the truth rather than the media. Lewis Black, Bill Maher, John Stewart, George Carlin, John Oliver, Stephen Colbert...are ones that I'd listen to over any media outlet.

^
Part of the problem, not the solution. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #583 on: March 06, 2016, 05:59:04 PM »
One small difference...you aren't running to be the President of the United States, changing your mind/flip flopping on issues that affect the entire Country, that combed over piece of garbage is.

So whoever is running for president must have made up their minds about every issue by age 21?  25? 30?

Once made up, no new information, no cogent argument, no change in the economy or no hindsight is allowed to change that opinion.  It must be set in stone forever. 

Pfash.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #584 on: March 06, 2016, 06:13:25 PM »
So whoever is running for president must have made up their minds about every issue by age 21?  25? 30?

Once made up, no new information, no cogent argument, no change in the economy or no hindsight is allowed to change that opinion.  It must be set in stone forever. 

Pfash.

I like it.  Gonna' have to find some way to work that in to casual conversation.

I would like to briefly interrupt this stimulating debate to say that one of the classiest and most beautiful First Ladies this country has ever known, passed away today.  Nancy Reagan dies at 94.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #585 on: March 06, 2016, 07:10:00 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #586 on: March 06, 2016, 08:33:08 PM »
^
Part of the problem, not the solution.

We have been talking about this for years. The idiots get their political information from comedians. And then they prove their idiocy by quoting them!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #587 on: March 06, 2016, 09:45:39 PM »

Pfash.
Hillary has changed positions over the years (https://www.gop.com/the-ultimate-guide-to-hillarys-flip-flops/), yet I'm sure you don't considered that an informed evolution.

Trump flip flops because he literally doesn't have the intelligence to stay consistent with what his handlers tell him his positions are.

And flips back and forth and back again.

Huge difference.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2016, 08:07:23 AM by AUChizad »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #588 on: March 07, 2016, 02:08:06 AM »
Hillary has changed positions over the years (https://www.gop.com/the-ultimate-guide-to-hillarys-flip-flops/), yet I'm sure you don't considered that an informed evolution.

Trump flip flops because he literally doesn't have the intelligence to stay consistent with what his handlers tell him his positions are.

And hegira back and forth and back again.

Huge difference.

That bitch had American soldiers killed for self preservation. End of story.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #589 on: March 07, 2016, 08:10:02 AM »

And flips back and forth and back again.

Huge difference.

And you know this how? 

Because Whoopi Goldberg said so?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #590 on: March 07, 2016, 02:31:33 PM »
What if I told you Trump was already running 3rd party - but within the Republican Party?

Would you say brilliant?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #591 on: March 07, 2016, 02:53:48 PM »
What if I told you Trump was already running 3rd party - but within the Republican Party?

Would you say brilliant?

Turns out Christopher Nolan is his campaign manager.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #592 on: March 07, 2016, 03:21:29 PM »
And you know this how? 

You're getting a lot of mileage out of me sharing the Louis CK email.

He never claims to be a political scholar, nor do I, and nor are you. In fact he explicitly and humbly says in the message.

That’s just my view. At least right now. I know I’m not qualified or particularly educated and I’m not right instead of you. I’m an idiot and I’m sure a bunch of you are very annoyed by this. Fucking celebrity with an opinion. I swear this isn’t really a political opinion. You don’t want to know my political opinions. (And I know that I’m only bringing myself trouble with this shit.) Trump has nothing to do with politics or ideology. He has to do with himself.

I'm not filtering my thoughts and beliefs through him, and he wouldn't want that anyway. I merely passed along his thoughts on the matter, because I think he fucking crushed it and articulated many of the things I've attempted to in this thread. Treat it as if he was just another poster on this board, except I do believe, despite what he would say, that he's more informed, insightful, and intelligent on this particular subject than at least 50% of the participants in this thread...

Anyway, to start over and answer your question:

And you know this how? 

I know this because I can read and watch events as they take place and I don't have to filter them through Louis CK or Breitbart.com or InfoWars or anyone else. I can watch what transpires in the debates:

I can understand that a candidate saying that visas for highly skilled workers would "decimate American workers" (the closest thing you can actually nail him down as conservative on), then turning around at a debate speaking enthusiastically in favor of them, then doubling down when confronted with that hypocrisy and even MORE emphatically supporting them, spouting how "evolved" it is for him to change on the position that Kaos is parroting now. So for those couple of days he was in favor of H1B Visas? Did some libruhl take over his brain for those couple of days, and that wasn't the real him? Or was it? Is he liberal on that position or not? Apparently not, because MINUTES after the debate was OVER his campaing managers (sorry he, LOL) sent out an email blast and posted this to his website:
https://www.donaldjtrump.com/press-releases/donald-j.-trump-position-on-visas
DONALD J. TRUMP POSITION ON VISAS

"Megyn Kelly asked about highly-skilled immigration. The H-1B program is neither high-skilled nor immigration: these are temporary foreign workers, imported from abroad, for the explicit purpose of substituting for American workers at lower pay. I remain totally committed to eliminating rampant, widespread H-1B abuse and ending outrageous practices such as those that occurred at Disney in Florida when Americans were forced to train their foreign replacements. I will end forever the use of the H-1B as a cheap labor program, and institute an absolute requirement to hire American workers first for every visa and immigration program. No exceptions."

So now he's back to stoppin the Mex'cans? Since that's the main position he took that idiots are lapping up?

How do you explain that "rapid evolution" any other way?

We're not talking "Oh, in the 80s I thought gun control was a good idea, but over the years I've come to realize that prohibition never works blah blah"

We're talking decades of soft immigration stances, run for president and suddenly he's brass-balls-tough on it, then suddenly come out strongly in favor of guest worker visas, get called out on it, double down, and then cower back into the corner of "GET 'IM OUT & BUILD A WALL!"

You know good and goddamn well this is RECORD level flip-flopping the likes of which make Hillary and John Kerry look downright principled. You have to know it. Yet you refuse to acknowledge it.

And it's not like this is the only major issue he's flip flopped on either. He was staunchly pro-choice strangely until he "evolved" the second he started in a Republican primary. He was vocal about instituting gun control, specifically an assault weapons ban, until he walked into that magical GOP primary portal. And a bevy of other stances I've mentioned over and over.

But it's not even just those "evolutions". We're talking about DURING the couple of months he's been running for the Republican nomination.

Up until last week he was talking about murdering ISIS's families and committing torture "much worse than waterboarding" because "they deserve worse" until someone obviously told him that oh yeah that those are clear-cut war crimes. Magically, Friday night he reversed those too. (http://www.wsj.com/articles/trump-reverses-his-stance-on-torture-1457116559?tesla=y)

In September he told Fox News he would accept Syrian Refugees. "I hate the concept of it, but on a humanitarian basis, you have to. It’s living in hell in Syria. There’s no question about it. They’re living in hell, and something has to be done." (http://www.politico.com/story/2015/09/donald-trump-syrian-refugees-213430#ixzz41u30eCx2) But that wasn't consistent enough with his butch badass "most militaristic" persona that is getting votes, so less than a month later he was back on Fox telling them "I tell you, if they come into this country, they’re going out. If I win, they’re going out. We can’t take a chance." (http://www.foxnews.com/transcript/2015/11/18/trump-syria-refugees-could-be-ultimate-trojan-horse/) and then by the third month he's all the way up to "a total and complete shutdown of Muslims entering the United States" even beyond the refugees. (http://time.com/4139476/donald-trump-shutdown-muslim-immigration/)

You guys CHOOSE to believe the positions you jive with. You completely ignore where he clearly and emphatically stated otherwise. Sometimes the conservative position is what he's currently spouting, sometimes it's what he previously spouted and has since "softened" on. In either case, you stick with the one you like and choose to believe that.

You're being conned. It's sad you can't see it. Sane people can see it clearly.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #593 on: March 07, 2016, 03:26:05 PM »
I guess he's still softening that immigration position by the way. Does it count as softening if it has been going on for decades?

http://www.bloomberg.com/politics/articles/2016-03-07/trump-tower-financed-by-rich-chinese-who-invest-cash-for-visas
Trump Tower Funded by Rich Chinese Who Invest Cash for Visas

Cliffs: http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/272010-report-trump-branded-tower-partially-funded-by-chinese
Donald Trump, the real estate developer-turned Republican presidential front-runner, has his name on a Trump-branded tower in New Jersey partially funded by Chinese investors who pay money for immigrant visas, according to a new report.

Bloomberg reports that a "Sopranos"-themed video with Chinese subtitles was used to attract the investors through a controversial immigrant visa program for the building, which bears the name of Trump, who has strongly criticized China throughout his presidential campaign for taking away jobs and money from the U.S.
The EB-5 visa program, which provides mostly Chinese nationals a two-year visa and chance at residency for those investing at least $500,000 in a project aimed at creating jobs, has been of concern to critics who characterize it as the U.S. selling visas to those without proven skills.

Bloomberg quoted the U.S. Immigration Fund, which said the Trump Bay Street luxury rental apartment building raised $50 million, roughly a quarter of its overall funding, from loans through the EB-5 program, mostly from Chinese investors.

"This was a highly successful license deal, but he is not a partner in the financing of the development," a Trump spokesperson told Bloomberg.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #594 on: March 07, 2016, 03:34:48 PM »
You're getting a lot of mileage out of me sharing the Louis CK email.

He never claims to be a political scholar, nor do I, and nor are you. In fact he explicitly and humbly says in the message.

I'm not filtering my thoughts and beliefs through him, and he wouldn't want that anyway. I merely passed along his thoughts on the matter, because I think he fucking crushed it and articulated many of the things I've attempted to in this thread. Treat it as if he was just another poster on this board, except I do believe, despite what he would say, that he's more informed, insightful, and intelligent on this particular subject than at least 50% of the participants in this thread...

Anyway, to start over and answer your question:

I know this because I can read and watch events as they take place and I don't have to filter them through Louis CK or Breitbart.com or InfoWars or anyone else. I can watch what transpires in the debates:

I can understand that a candidate saying that visas for highly skilled workers would "decimate American workers" (the closest thing you can actually nail him down as conservative on), then turning around at a debate speaking enthusiastically in favor of them, then doubling down when confronted with that hypocrisy and even MORE emphatically supporting them, spouting how "evolved" it is for him to change on the position that Kaos is parroting now. So for those couple of days he was in favor of H1B Visas? Did some libruhl take over his brain for those couple of days, and that wasn't the real him? Or was it? Is he liberal on that position or not? Apparently not, because MINUTES after the debate was OVER his campaing managers (sorry he, LOL) sent out an email blast and posted this to his website:
https://www.donaldjtrump.com/press-releases/donald-j.-trump-position-on-visas
So now he's back to stoppin the Mex'cans? Since that's the main position he took that idiots are lapping up?

How do you explain that "rapid evolution" any other way?

We're not talking "Oh, in the 80s I thought gun control was a good idea, but over the years I've come to realize that prohibition never works blah blah"

We're talking decades of soft immigration stances, run for president and suddenly he's brass-balls-tough on it, then suddenly come out strongly in favor of guest worker visas, get called out on it, double down, and then cower back into the corner of "GET 'IM OUT & BUILD A WALL!"

You know good and goddamn well this is RECORD level flip-flopping the likes of which make Hillary and John Kerry look downright principled. You have to know it. Yet you refuse to acknowledge it.

And it's not like this is the only major issue he's flip flopped on either. He was staunchly pro-choice strangely until he "evolved" the second he started in a Republican primary. He was vocal about instituting gun control, specifically an assault weapons ban, until he walked into that magical GOP primary portal. And a bevy of other stances I've mentioned over and over.

But it's not even just those "evolutions". We're talking about DURING the couple of months he's been running for the Republican nomination.

Up until last week he was talking about murdering ISIS's families and committing torture "much worse than waterboarding" because "they deserve worse" until someone obviously told him that oh yeah that those are clear-cut war crimes. Magically, Friday night he reversed those too. (http://www.wsj.com/articles/trump-reverses-his-stance-on-torture-1457116559?tesla=y)

In September he told Fox News he would accept Syrian Refugees. "I hate the concept of it, but on a humanitarian basis, you have to. It’s living in hell in Syria. There’s no question about it. They’re living in hell, and something has to be done." (http://www.politico.com/story/2015/09/donald-trump-syrian-refugees-213430#ixzz41u30eCx2) But that wasn't consistent enough with his butch badass "most militaristic" persona that is getting votes, so less than a month later he was back on Fox telling them "I tell you, if they come into this country, they’re going out. If I win, they’re going out. We can’t take a chance." (http://www.foxnews.com/transcript/2015/11/18/trump-syria-refugees-could-be-ultimate-trojan-horse/) and then by the third month he's all the way up to "a total and complete shutdown of Muslims entering the United States" even beyond the refugees. (http://time.com/4139476/donald-trump-shutdown-muslim-immigration/)

You guys CHOOSE to believe the positions you jive with. You completely ignore where he clearly and emphatically stated otherwise. Sometimes the conservative position is what he's currently spouting, sometimes it's what he previously spouted and has since "softened" on. In either case, you stick with the one you like and choose to believe that.

You're being conned. It's sad you can't see it. Sane people can see it clearly.
I'm thinking Kaos is standing over there with his fingers in his ears, eyes shut & continuously saying la-la-la-la-la. He wants Trump in office, regardless of the fact that he would be an absolute disaster, especially in talks with other Nuclear Countries.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

wesfau2

« Reply #595 on: March 07, 2016, 03:35:01 PM »
I have some experience with the EB-5 program.  It's not intended for the sole use of the Chinese, but they are the most extensive users of the program.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #596 on: March 07, 2016, 03:37:10 PM »
So the The EB-5 visa program is available and LEGAL, and you think a businessman should not use it, even if it is profitable for him?

I bet you blame the economic collapse on those greedy wall street types too.

If he just does this:
"GET 'IM OUT & BUILD A WALL!"

I'll be happy. It will be a helluva lot more than any other conservative (or DC type) has done in a long time!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

wesfau2

« Reply #597 on: March 07, 2016, 03:40:24 PM »
So the The EB-5 visa program is available and LEGAL, and you think a businessman should not use it, even if it is profitable for him?

His interests as a businessman have nothing at all to do with his presidential platform.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #598 on: March 07, 2016, 03:44:15 PM »
His interests as a businessman have nothing at all to do with his presidential platform.

Then why is it being pointed out that he used the EB-5 program!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

« Reply #599 on: March 07, 2016, 03:48:55 PM »
Then why is it being pointed out that he used the EB-5 program!

His reasons for utilizing the program are immaterial....it's the 180 swing (absent an articulate repudiation of the program) that opens him up to criticism.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions