Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Okay...Tomorrow is Sunday

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Okay...Tomorrow is Sunday
« on: December 05, 2015, 10:50:20 PM »
No duh!!!  But, the conference championship games are done...almost.  The Big 12 regular season is over.  (Thanks Texas. Fuck sticks)  So, I think Sunday is going to be off the charts interesting.  So far, Muschamp hasn't resigned or announced that he's coaching anyone else.  But....now that the SECCG is over...is Lane Kiffin the better choice for USCe?  Seriously put the two side by side.  If you're USCe, who looks better to you?  Houston won the C-USA championship.  Is Tom Herman a better option than Muschamp? I know I'm pimping for CWM to stay.  But I really don't see why he would be such a hot candidate...especially over those two.   Great DC. And one day soon, he may be a killer head coach.  But right now, Muschamp to USCe or any other major D1 program makes no sense.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
Re: Okay...Tomorrow is Sunday
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2015, 10:58:14 PM »
As far as Kiffin goes, as much as I like him as a coordinator I don't think that anyone is going to take a chance on him as a HC.  He's in the same category as Shula, Chizik, etc.  Good coordinator, bad HC.  Everything that Kiffin has touched as a HC (college or NFL) turned to shit.  I would be pretty shocked if USCe wanted him, and I'm not just saying that because I want him to stay at Alabama. 

Tom Herman has already signed a new deal with Houston.  He's not going anywhere.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2015, 07:40:16 AM »
I don't get usc-e's infatuation with Boom as head guy over what's out there available now. Between Herman and Richrod and a couple of others.....it's not even close. Even Richt. They didn't even make him say no.

Yeah Herman has a new contract. Money talks though. Any contract can be broken if you want the guy bad enough. Plus that's why you grab his ass before he is locked up. Sc dicked around on this. They've had this vacancy since mid season and MAY finally fill it tomorrow. They had first dibs on coaches and will be one of the last to fill their position. Tanner may be worse than Jacobs.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2015, 07:42:46 AM by GH2001 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2015, 08:15:21 AM »
I don't get usc-e's infatuation with Boom as head guy over what's out there available now. Between Herman and Richrod and a couple of others.....it's not even close. Even Richt. They didn't even make him say no.

Yeah Herman has a new contract. Money talks though. Any contract can be broken if you want the guy bad enough. Plus that's why you grab his ass before he is locked up. Sc dicked around on this. They've had this vacancy since mid season and MAY finally fill it tomorrow. They had first dibs on coaches and will be one of the last to fill their position. Tanner may be worse than Jacobs.
I don't think that Herman ever intended on leaving.  He's a first year coach and he came in on fire.  He doubled his pay and will be making $3 million a year, plus got raises for his assistants.  USCe isn't going to pay more than $3 million for a second year coach.  Hell they're probably not going to pay that for Muschamp or whoever they actually get.

Supposedly Rich Rod was offered but declined on his way back to Arizona.  Again, I don't think USCe is going to come off of a sizeable amount of cash and he has it pretty good at AZ.  He's making around $2 million a year right now and has a $1 million buyout, so I'm guessing that USCe isn't offering much more than $2 mil.

Muschamp is making $1.6 million right now, and assuming that USCe isn't offering much more than $2 million that wouldn't be a huge jump at all.  But I think the difference is Muschamp wants to be a HC again.  I'm with you, in a sense I don't understand the attraction either given what happened at Florida.  But I guess that you could argue what happened at Florida was more circumstantial than anything.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2015, 08:27:33 AM »
South Carolina's 247 site is reporting Muschamp to USCe.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

AUownsU

• Hold my beer.
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2015, 08:33:23 AM »
Fuck it. He gone. From what I've gathered T-Rob will be named DC within the next 3 days. He's been on the road with Gus 'cruitin the last few days.

While Travaris is young , I'm fine if he gets the nod. Our secondary, which was suppose to be weak link on D this year, was playing better than any other position group on defense by the end of the year. Probably the best I've seen Auburn's secondary look since Tubs.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2015, 09:03:48 AM »
Fuck it. He gone. From what I've gathered T-Rob will be named DC within the next 3 days. He's been on the road with Gus 'cruitin the last few days.

While Travaris is young , I'm fine if he gets the nod. Our secondary, which was suppose to be weak link on D this year, was playing better than any other position group on defense by the end of the year. Probably the best I've seen Auburn's secondary look since Tubs.
Here's hoping you are correct on the TRob for DC.

The choice for USCe to me was Justin Fuente. But they dragged ass thinking better would surface from the fallout I suppose. As for Muschamp...his experience at Florida, his old team's offensive performance under McElwain yesterday and Malzahn's struggles should be all he needs to know about the importance of having skill players and a QB to score enough points to win.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUownsU

• Hold my beer.
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2015, 11:02:24 AM »
Here's hoping you are correct on the TRob for DC.

The choice for USCe to me was Justin Fuente. But they dragged ass thinking better would surface from the fallout I suppose. As for Muschamp...his experience at Florida, his old team's offensive performance under McElwain yesterday and Malzahn's struggles should be all he needs to know about the importance of having skill players and a QB to score enough points to win.
Agree. I don't know what the hell their AD was doing but they've had half the season to target their guy. Then once the season ends they interview half the country and then settle on what was atleast their 3rd choice. That dumb SOB has now fucked things up for them and us. That said I don't think Boom leaving is a death blow to Gus. Our season just like this year will hinge on the QB position. If Gus gets quality QB play next year, Auburn will put up points and Gus will be fine.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUownsU

• Hold my beer.
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2015, 11:03:59 AM »

So much for that shit.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2015, 11:39:46 AM »
All hell is breaking loose down on the plains expect the recruiting class to crumble with Champ & T-Robs departure.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2015, 02:51:49 AM »
All hell is breaking loose down on the plains expect the recruiting class to crumble with Champ & T-Robs departure.
Yup...unless Coach Malzahn can name a big time DC.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2015, 12:50:00 PM »
I'm not holding my breath.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2015, 01:20:24 PM »

There aren't any.

Maybe Bud Foster? Maybe an NFL guy?

But Muschamp was about as hot a name as we could get. He was the #1 DC candidate last year. Every single available defensive coordinator will feel like a let down.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2015, 01:20:32 PM »
I'm not holding my breath.

You shouldn't you could lose consciousness.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2015, 01:23:30 PM »
Honestly, I am more upset about losing T-Rob and his recruiting.  I thought our defense did improve, but not really worth the amount we were paying him.  Again am I the only one still concerned about our offense and lack thereof.

BTW tomorrow is Tuesday.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2015, 01:26:25 PM »
Honestly, I am more upset about losing T-Rob and his recruiting.  I thought our defense did improve, but not really worth the amount we were paying him.  Again am I the only one still concerned about our offense and lack thereof.

BTW tomorrow is Tuesday.

ALLEGEDLY.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."