Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Never A Dull Moment

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Never A Dull Moment
« on: November 23, 2015, 04:23:18 PM »
From the Washington Examiner, a small piece about a twat from the Donald.  The actual chart did not copy-pasta but I posted the numbers below.  But the problem is, do facts matter?  You know the answer to that.

Donald Trump's notorious Twitter presence landed him in a little hot water Sunday with a tweet about black-on-black crime.

Trump appears to have been arguing that the new national focus on criminal justice reform is perhaps misguided, as most slain African-Americans are killed by other African-Americans, not police officers.

Trump's argument and the graphic he shared immediately drew the ire of some.

Blacks Killed By Whites  2%

Blacks Killed By Police   1%

Whites Killed By Police  3%

Whites Killed By Whites  16%

Whites Killed By Blacks  81%

Blacks Killed By Blacks  97%
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Re: Never A Dull Moment
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2015, 04:37:42 PM »
The problem with his Tweet was that it was using a bad source. A credible source shows better numbers.

BUT the numbers still suck and convey the horrific violence committed by blacks in this country.

Trump though was "thinking past the sale." His tactic is to give you a little bullshit to get the media talking and fact checking him. But even though he was fact checked, the message still gets through.

An example:

Trump says he's worth $10 billion. The media reports this. Someone comes along and refutes it. "Trump's a liar! He's only worth $3 billion!"

Most of the audience that heard the original $10 billion number won't be around for the fact checking. Many that hear the $3 billion number will think, "That's still a fuck ton of money."

Just about everyone will get the message that Trump is a successful businessman.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
Re: Never A Dull Moment
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2015, 09:08:11 AM »
The problem with his Tweet was that it was using a bad source. A credible source shows better numbers.

BUT the numbers still suck and convey the horrific violence committed by blacks in this country.

Trump though was "thinking past the sale." His tactic is to give you a little bullshit to get the media talking and fact checking him. But even though he was fact checked, the message still gets through.

An example:

Trump says he's worth $10 billion. The media reports this. Someone comes along and refutes it. "Trump's a liar! He's only worth $3 billion!"

Most of the audience that heard the original $10 billion number won't be around for the fact checking. Many that hear the $3 billion number will think, "That's still a fuck ton of money."

Just about everyone will get the message that Trump is a successful businessman.

1. Depending on what source you look at, or what year, yeah youre right - the general jist of those numbers is correct. Anyone who microanalyzes them to that degree is missing the point.

2. Same thing with what he is worth. Depends on who you ask and when. Forbes, Fortune, Wikipedia, etc has had hm pegged anywhere from 4 to 10 billion. Most seem to think he is around 7-8....again, like you said - hes rich. Thats the point.

Agree totally with your past the sale point. This is where he is an expert tactician in this game. If you are thinking of it, more than likely the Donald thought of it two weeks ago. Hes a step ahead of people. His timing is impeccable. Love him or hate him, he has run a brilliant campaign and beat all odds x 100.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2015, 09:09:55 AM by GH2001 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE